Accommodation in Batam

Gennosuke

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All, planning to batam with wife nxt month.any accommodation to recommend? Prefer town area? Hotel with massage will be advantage as well. Last step into batam 8 yrs back n stay put in Harris Resort Waterfront.

Ivan84

Reaction score
Swissbel harbor bay ftw

Sent from Xiaomi MI PAD using GAGT

Second that...

Although not really at town but nearby got supermarket, cinema and alot of seafood restaurant.
Including a italian restaurant which i highly recommend...

And a plus point, its walking distance to the terminal

Sent from Sony D6653 using GAGT

Gennosuke

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Swissbel harbor bay ftw

Second that...

Although not really at town but nearby got supermarket, cinema and alot of seafood restaurant.
Including a italian restaurant which i highly recommend...

And a plus point, its walking distance to the terminal

Sent from Sony D6653 using GAGT
Hi thx for the recommendation. There are Swiss-BelHotel Harbour Bay and Swiss-BelHotel Batam. Is it near to Harbour Bay Terminal? Does it come with own � palour?

Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT

BluBlur

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm in Batam right now...staying at Harmoni Suites. 10 min walk to the Nagoya Hill mall, some makan and massage available at the mall and surrounding area. The hotel staff is helpful, showed us how to access the mall using their shortcut.

If you really want a stone throw distance to this mall, consider Nagoya Hill Hotel (just beside the mall but not listed in Google maps yet), The Hills and iHotel.

The massage shops neat the mall seem to be spoilt by the singaporean tourists though, Majesty (ex Isabella) is charging foot massage at 330k for 1.5 or 2 hours.. This kind of pricing was unheard of a few years ago. We walked slightly further to IndoThai and got the foot massage for about 220k.

Magickiller9

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if there's any resort that's good? Going with a group of friends.

Chua.Joe

Reaction score
Just wondering if there's any resort that's good? Going with a group of friends.
Go to Swissbel harbor bay, 2 to a room, can ask for connecting rooms, small pool to buy beers and play there, then go massage. Supermarket downstairs to loadup on cheap Gatsby wax or hairjam, shampoo all these. Really alot cheaper than SG.

But don't be too much and buy a sack of rice back. Seen it before:/

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
Swissbel harbor bay ftw

Swissbel-Harbour Bay is good. I stayed there before. Their supermarket is cheaper than Nagoya supermarket. Walking distance from the harbourbay terminal and seafood rest. taxi to nagoya is rp50,000.

Remember to buy JC donuts back. 12 donuts around SGD6+

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
Swissbel-Harbour Bay is good. I stayed there before. Their supermarket is cheaper than Nagoya supermarket. Walking distance from the harbourbay terminal and seafood rest. taxi to nagoya is rp50,000.

Remember to buy JC donuts back. 12 donuts around SGD6+

I used to read one review that said it's lousy and had cockroach in the room. Once I see the word cockroach, immediately this hotel was off my list. How is the room condition you stayed in?

rosbak

Reaction score
Holiday Inn Batam is good. It has a good size pool and very good massage. Only thing is that the massage is so popular by day trippers that it is hard to make reservations.

Gennosuke

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm in Batam right now...staying at Harmoni Suites. 10 min walk to the Nagoya Hill mall, some makan and massage available at the mall and surrounding area. The hotel staff is helpful, showed us how to access the mall using their shortcut.

If you really want a stone throw distance to this mall, consider Nagoya Hill Hotel (just beside the mall but not listed in Google maps yet), The Hills and iHotel.

The massage shops neat the mall seem to be spoilt by the singaporean tourists though, Majesty (ex Isabella) is charging foot massage at 330k for 1.5 or 2 hours.. This kind of pricing was unheard of a few years ago. We walked slightly further to IndoThai and got the foot massage for about 220k.
Hi blublur thanks for the recommendation. From the pic the hotel look abit old. Got bathtub by the way? Hehehe which seafood would u recommend?
Go to Swissbel harbor bay, 2 to a room, can ask for connecting rooms, small pool to buy beers and play there, then go massage. Supermarket downstairs to loadup on cheap Gatsby wax or hairjam, shampoo all these. Really alot cheaper than SG.

But don't be too much and buy a sack of rice back. Seen it before:/

Hi Chua Joe, is there massage spa at the hotel lobby for Swissbel ? Got shuttle bus svc to nagoya mall ?

Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT

travellover

Reaction score
You can consider staying at Nagoya Hill Hotel which is newly opened and just opposite Nagoya hill shopping mall. The nearest ferry terminal should be harbourbay (cab fare IDR50,000)

For massage, I tried spa secret before but find it way too ex
you may consider going this Martha Tilaar Salon and Day Spa
Located at Nagoya hill shopping mall, facing the main road/shop house

For seafood, you may consider this Sei Enam Seafood Batam
walking distance from mega mall and harris batam center hotel.
** indoor aircon restaurant. The reviews at tripadvisor is good too.
But of cos the price is not that cheap compare to the rest.

BluBlur

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi blublur thanks for the recommendation. From the pic the hotel look abit old. Got bathtub by the way? Hehehe which seafood would u recommend?

Yup it is rather old but clean enough. The non smoking studio room I stayed was really smoke free unlike the hotel (Pacific Palace) I stayed a few months ago...and comes with quite a complete kitchen area. Yes there is bathtub too.

For seafood in Nagoya itself I'd recommend Marine Live Seafood. It is near Pagoda Hotel. You can check out my review (pending approval) here

BluBlur

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Holiday Inn Batam is good. It has a good size pool and very good massage. Only thing is that the massage is so popular by day trippers that it is hard to make reservations.

I visited Holiday Inn some years back. Damn spacious...but it is quite out of the place if you're into shopping. I had to spend on taxi service back and forth to get to Nagoya...

GoaTee

Reaction score
Swissbel harbor bay ftw

Hi,

does swiss-belhotel harbour bay have balcony? Was thinking to drink and tibiting with wife at the balcony overlooking the sea at night...shld be quite nice...

BluBlur

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How about turi beach resort. What is the nearest shopping mall there? Is it very isolated?
[/URL]

Same as Montigo and Nongsa Point, these are at the northern point of the island...rather isolated from the good shopping areas. I would choose it only if I don't wanna get out from the resort...

Poplar_Tree

Reaction score
Same as Montigo and Nongsa Point, these are at the northern point of the island...rather isolated from the good shopping areas. I would choose it only if I don't wanna get out from the resort...

But then if you don't get out of the resort how do you stock up on snacks and drinks? haha

I am staying at Montigo next week and I dono where I can get my beers, drinks, chips ??

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.