Advice on cancelled flight from SG to Osaka on MAS

charcoal3256

Reaction score
Hi all,

Wish to seek any advice here. Had booked my trip with MAS from SG-KL- Osaka in Oct 16 for my april 17 trip. To my horror, I received an email 2 weeks back that the KL-Osaka flight has been push forward by 2 hours and thus I wont be able to catch the connecting flight from KL- Osaka. So what MAS did was to cancel my KL-Osaka flight conveniently, and that I have been kicked out of my flight which I find highly ridiculous.

I immediately called MAS call centre and the call centre agents assured me that my flight will be reinstated once it's been subjected to the approval by the main office, they also assure me that my flight was not full. Basically they told me to call every day to check on the status of the flights. It has been 2 weeks since, and the last call, the agent finally said that all flights are full now up till 1 week after my supposed departure date and I am placed on the waiting list

What MAS did is highly ridiculous, and it seems that they kicked out the passengers who got cheaper tickets earlier on and that now they are earning the premium price paid by the passengers who booked later.
I have given up hopes that MAS will reinstate my flight and ready to book another flight at a much more expensive price.

I am really frustrated that MAS is able to bully passengers like that, and that their customer service staff simply does not care and do nothing abt it except to 'apologise' about it and just paying lip service.

I am thinking how should I go about to complain about MAS? Through CASE, writing letters to major newspaper and post my horrible experience with them. Hopefully other passengers will be warned about it and do not suffer the same fate as me.

Cheers

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
Wow, I've taken MH so many times and this has never happened to me. That's a bad call from MH.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Wish to seek any advice here. Had booked my trip with MAS from SG-KL- Osaka in Oct 16 for my april 17 trip. To my horror, I received an email 2 weeks back that the KL-Osaka flight has been push forward by 2 hours and thus I wont be able to catch the connecting flight from KL- Osaka. So what MAS did was to cancel my KL-Osaka flight conveniently, and that I have been kicked out of my flight which I find highly ridiculous.

I immediately called MAS call centre and the call centre agents assured me that my flight will be reinstated once it's been subjected to the approval by the main office, they also assure me that my flight was not full. Basically they told me to call every day to check on the status of the flights. It has been 2 weeks since, and the last call, the agent finally said that all flights are full now up till 1 week after my supposed departure date and I am placed on the waiting list

What MAS did is highly ridiculous, and it seems that they kicked out the passengers who got cheaper tickets earlier on and that now they are earning the premium price paid by the passengers who booked later.
I have given up hopes that MAS will reinstate my flight and ready to book another flight at a much more expensive price.

I am really frustrated that MAS is able to bully passengers like that, and that their customer service staff simply does not care and do nothing abt it except to 'apologise' about it and just paying lip service.

I am thinking how should I go about to complain about MAS? Through CASE, writing letters to major newspaper and post my horrible experience with them. Hopefully other passengers will be warned about it and do not suffer the same fate as me.

Cheers

Go and claim from travel insurance.
You can't do anything about it.
Why don't you take SQ ? :s11::s11::s11:

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go and claim from travel insurance.
You can't do anything about it.
Why don't you take SQ ? :s11::s11::s11:

cox of the cheap price, thai airways now also having promo tokyo osaka about 300+ , mh should be 300+ to 400+ ...
due to the low price compared to other full fledged direct airline, hence there is a portion of the travellers who would opt to fly mh to save the cost .

MH business class to tokyo is only about 1000+sgd during few last time promo ...

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cox of the cheap price, thai airways now also having promo tokyo osaka about 300+ , mh should be 300+ to 400+ ...
due to the low price compared to other full fledged direct airline, hence there is a portion of the travellers who would opt to fly mh to save the cost .

MH business class to tokyo is only about 1000+sgd during few last time promo ...

When you talk about MH, remind me of the coconut guy.

Bomoh_DO_RE_MI_MH370.jpg

missing-malaysian-airlines-flight-bomoh-rituals-airport.jpg

AH CHIA

Reaction score
i suggest u get them to refund u the full amount and move on by booking SQ.

No use doing all the drama, you think MAS gives a damn about u. Given the urgency you are now in, secure your flight first so you do not put ur full holiday cost to waste

fone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Know your rights. 2 hours is actually a significant time.

From MH conditions of carriage.
10.1 SCHEDULES
We undertake to use our best efforts to carry you
and your Baggage with reasonable dispatch. In
case of re-timing of schedule, we will notify you in
advance of your journey. Although we undertake to
use our best efforts to adhere to our timetables and
published schedules, we do not guarantee that your
flight will depart and arrive at the times set forth in
our timetables and schedules. Furthermore, our
timetables and published schedules shall form no
part of your contract with us. Please refer to
Paragraph 11.3 regarding refunds in such
situations.
10.2 DELAY AND CANCELLATION
10.2.1 If due to circumstances beyond our control,
including but not limited to adverse weather or air traffic control delays, we cancel or delay a flight; are
unable to provide previously confirmed space; fail to
stop at your Stopover or destination point; or cause
you to miss a connecting flight on which you hold a
reservation, we shall, at your option, either:
(a) carry you on another of our scheduled
services on which space is available;
(b) within a reasonable period of time re-route
you to the destination indicated on your
Ticket or applicable portion of your Ticket
by our own scheduled services or the
scheduled services of another Carrier, or
by means of surface transportation. If the
sum of the fare, excess Baggage charge
and any applicable service charge for the
revised routing is higher than the refund
value of the Ticket, or applicable portion of
the Ticket, we will collect no additional fare
or charge from you, and will refund the
difference if the fare and charges for the
revised routing are lower; or
(c) make a refund in accordance....

KUL - SIN should have plenty of flights, the easiest way is for you to change a KUL - SIN flight that you can catch with the rescheduled KIX - KUL flight. As per 10.2.1a.

If they are unwilling to do (a), then tell them if they cannot accomodate you on MH, then go for 10.2.1b, demand them to put you on SQ for KIX - SIN. Then they would most likely be more than willing to do (a).

Lastly, as others said, this if you cannot get any satisfactory flight you want, then they need to give you a full refund, as per 10.2.1c

When you call them, ask them refer to conditions of carriage, which MH and you agreed to when you bought the ticket.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.