HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone been to Myanmar?

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2017, 10:09 PM   #211

Recently use more of kyats.. because there is a law that requires most things ro be quoted in kyats instead of usd..

You can use usd to pay but the rates by the restaurants are not very good..

do they use more USD or kyat?
hanshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:11 AM   #212

Recently use more of kyats.. because there is a law that requires most things ro be quoted in kyats instead of usd..

You can use usd to pay but the rates by the restaurants are not very good..
Bring some USD just in case. Make sure the notes are clean with no stains and writings. Last time i went to a bank to change, my stained notes were rejected.
grapewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 05:13 PM   #213

Mynamar Travel 5D4N

Hi bro, I have got quotes from website and have quoted US$350 land transport only.
Day (1) Pick up from airport after visit some place
In Yangon
Day(2) Yangon to Golden rock (Over night at Golden rock)
Day(3)Golden rock to bago visit after back to yangon.
Day(4)Thanlynn and kyauk tan(small island pagoda by boat
5 min)
Day(5)Pick up from hotel after drive to airport departure.

Another one here quoted US$1150 include internal flight:
Day 01: Arrival Yangon- Day tour
Day 02: Yangon-Bagan (By Flight-0630:0750 hrs)
Day 03: Bagan-Heho-Pindaya-Inle (By Flight-0735:0900 hrs)
Day 04: Inle Lake (By Boat) (B/L)
Day 05: Heho-Yangon (By Flight --- ---)-Departure (B/-/-)

As we are flying back to SG on Day 5, may need to change the schedule.

Howerver, would like to check if quotation 1 is expensive? 2nd quote seem better but may I know if it is rush??? expensiver???

Please need your advise or amend the itinerary. Thanks ALL
For someone who wish to travel to Mynamar. We were just back from Mynamar and enjoy lots! Unlike the 2 earlier quotes, I got this final quotes from Mr Mutu. Mr Mutu was the 3rd quotes I have rec'd and compared the other 2, his service is not just almost half the price to the other 2 but the planning of the trip is thumbs up! Obviously we need not have to have an advance payment like the other and Mr Mutu even "risk" buying the internal flight for us without our advance payment! Here is the contacts:
www.myanmarexperttours.com
mutu.myanmar@gmail.com (i personally email to him and his response is superb fast)
info@myanmarexperttours.com
We went during Myanmar new year from 14Apr17 to 17Apr17, which is also during their water festival. Though all shops were closed due to holidays, we really enjoy our trip! This is our first visit to Myanmar and definitely will not be the last and our engage tour agent Mr Mutu .
Our itinerary are fully pack all days, from morning till night except for lunch break.
Day1 Arrival Yangon & City Tour
Day 2 Yangon-Bagan by flight + bagan visit to places of interest
Day 3 Trf to Bagan Airport - Heho by flight - Inlel
Hebo by car to Nyaung Shewe by boat trip
Day 4 Heho by flight to Yangon. As we reached Yangon early, Mr Mutu also made an effort to arrange the same day 1 tour guide (by the name of "E", this is what we address him) to visit more places in Yangon. Most fun time when we were brought to the local place where they celebrate their water festival. Though we were being splash water and got wet, we really enjoy ourselves.
Day 5 departure from Myanmar
With Mr Mutu well planned trip plus his team of well verse, knowledgeable tour guide, I would strongly advise anyone who wish to travel in Myanmar and are looking for a tailored made tour to contact Mr Mutu. Something difference from this trip is the accomodations. Unlike the normal motel / hotel on high rise building, Mr Mutu made something difference. We were being arranged to stay in something like those Downtown East Chalet in singapore. It really a different kind of unexpected comfortable stay that one can relax after a long day. If you are planning for a trip to Myanmar, give a try to engage Mr Mutu service. The next time we visit to Myanmar, I will definitely use back Mr Mutu and his professional team!
Thanks and enjoy !!!
SolarSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2017, 09:11 PM   #214
Supremacy Member

going solo next week
hope it will be fun!
Old 21-05-2017, 10:33 PM   #215

Going solo in Mid June.

However some query.

Would be grateful if you could help answer

-Where do i buy sim card for internet usage?
ooredoo sim card?

-also heard that Myanmar pretty rural. What would you wish you got bring if you go there again?

Any advice would be grateful.
gohjlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2017, 10:47 PM   #216

6 days of Yangon and Bagan is alright ya? Is 5 a stretch? Taking into consideration of my friend's leave balance haha

Mandalay worth heading up for?

How much money would i need for an average day?

What's a good airline/coach company to take to Bagan? Myanmar Airways?

Last edited by darklighter; 18-11-2017 at 11:12 PM..
darklighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2017, 08:21 AM   #217

6 days of Yangon and Bagan is alright ya? Is 5 a stretch? Taking into consideration of my friend's leave balance haha

Mandalay worth heading up for?

How much money would i need for an average day?

What's a good airline/coach company to take to Bagan? Myanmar Airways?
Nothing much to see in Yangon imo. The biggie is Shwedagon pagoda and one or two smaller ones. Bagan is good for two days to soak in that unique rural atmosphere and more if you like temple ruins. Suggest hire a horse carriage and guide to bring you around the dirt roads. Great experience.

Mandalay has some sites of interest and can be used as a base to travel to nearby Amarapura/Innwa as well for two days.

My impression was the domestic flights were controlled so no choice. They cost more but time saved is substantial since road conditions were quite poor a few years ago.
darklighter likes this.
hawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2017, 01:11 PM   #218

1 full day in Yangon is sufficient in my opinion - nothing much to see there except the usual big attractions.

I actually did a weekend trip to Myanmar - fly into Yangon on Fri evening (must land by 7pm latest), overnight bus to Bagan, Bagan on Sat, overnight bus Sat night back to Yangon on Sun morning, self day tour in Yangon on Sunday, fly to SG on Sun night.
Honestly did not feel too rushed for me but might not be for everyone (a great timesaver though, no need to take any leave or at most half day leave).

Bagan is spectacular.
darklighter likes this.
minamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2017, 04:02 PM   #219

if you have time, include Inle lake. Very chill and nice lake with a very laid back small town Nyaungshwe a stone's throw away. The lake is famous for their fishermen who work the paddle with their leg.

Also hired a bike+rider (I have not gotten my motorcycle licence at that time) to bring me around the villages, and to a vineyard in the hills for some wine tasting. Very pleasant.

Bagan and Inle Lake are both nice places in different ways.

From Mandalay, you can get transport up to Pyin Oo Lwin, a small mountain town with nice, cool weather and horse carriages. Grab a train to pass the great Gokhteik bridge (tallest steel train-bridge in the world, and great photo op if you like photography) to Kyaukme, another small mountain town known for great hikes.

I did this side trip and it was great. Once in a lifetime kind of journey. Takes 2-3 days, but I feel very worth it. The lifestyle in these mountain towns is very different from the Myanmar we normally see.

thinking of doing return 5-day trip straight to Mandalay and Bagan instead, skipping Yangon entirely
darklighter likes this.

Last edited by butterbarter; 22-11-2017 at 04:04 PM..
butterbarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 04:34 PM   #220

alamak change of plan. My friend has grandparents in Yangon, so it's Mandalay that we're skipping. Hsipaw would have been fun sigh

We plan to do Yangon and Bagan only for about 5 to 6 days.

1. Any good day trips?
2. How much USD should i bring to change?
3. Any nightlife to speak of?
darklighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 11:56 AM   #221

I just returned from 1-week trip (2-night Inle, 3-night Bagan, 2-night Mandalay).

In Bagan, I recommend to eat at Queen restaurant for lunch and dinner. There is selection of asian, western, burmese food. I had 3 meals there. 3 dishes, a bottled beer, a drink for around 12,000 kyat. A meal for 2 with a shared bottled beer can be had for less than 10,000kyat.

When entering Bagan, needa pay 25,000kyat/pax for Bagan archaeological zone pass. They have official personnel conducting checks at various temples and sunset viewpoints. If you did not buy at the entrance, you’ll be asked to pay on the spot and they will issue you the pass. Pls note that the popular Shwesandaw pagoda cannot be climbed at all. In fact, there is a ban on temple climbing. Elevated viewpoint at various locations are already built for sunset viewing. Remember to bring mask for Bagan, it can be sandy especially when riding e-bike.

I skipped Yangon. Based on blogs, friend’s comment and my conversation with a tourist in Bagan, there is nothing much to do in Yangon. It’s a city.

Last edited by kierai; 11-02-2018 at 12:33 PM..
kierai is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.