Ask me Anything ; living in Vietnam for 3 years +

perfectbloodhood

Reaction score
Dumah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :s22:
con cac

Are you there on work visa? Requirements and waiting time?

There is no work visa, either work permit or Business Visa

For Work Permit, you need hosting organization docs(director signature), invitation letter, years of experience (5 years) and /or min. an recognized bachelor degree , COC (Certficate of Criminal Record). After getting work permit, you can get a temporary residence card which last up to 2 years. Total processing time can go up to a month.

Business Visa, not much requirement also, easy to get, just ask a 3rd party to settle. Upto 3 months. Waiting time 1 week max.

Is there Viet PR? How long to get Viet citizenship?

No Viet PR, unless married to a Vietnamese. Even so is still considered Temp Residence upto 5 years. Every year need to go and chop one time.IIRC.

How much $$$ in SGD you spent so far there ?

My family invest in property here as well. Don't count the property expenses, about 1.5-1.7K per month all in(very comfortable life). Lowest I spent in a month is 550 SGD

Ho chi min city. Where to visit for 1st timer? 3 d 2 n enough?

Enough, just go around D1 (nothing in hcmc, in fact as a tourist, this place is crap, only good for biz), . 2nd timers I will recommend go to the central regions(Da Lat, Buon Ma Thuot) and the north regions(Phan Thiet, Ha Long, Sapa)

Last edited:

Bishio

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
always nice to work as an expat, always wanted to try but no chance.

perfectbloodhood

Reaction score
always nice to work as an expat, always wanted to try but no chance.

Much More is expected from you though... and the locals are not always forthcoming must be on the ball all the time. In fact, I'm much much more stress here than my time in uni

perfectbloodhood

Reaction score
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.