Back from South island New Zealand

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not humid at all.
Daytime at most need windbreaker coz the wind can be chilly. But i am having sunny weather now. Not sure how cold it will be if it rains.
Night time slightly cooler. But just a jacket shld do

Okay. Thanks for the info.

Reaction score
Very sunny so no need to wear jacket during day time? Is it like sg not? Hot and humid. Like that wear shorts and tee can liao?

cause I see online the weather like 10+ 20 daily. doesn't seem like will be hot. so want to know since u there.

What's the temp like at night? or rather how it feels at night?
Just got back. Temperature at 6am is below 10. Very cold for me. Same for after 9pm. Daytime usually feels okay if youre in the sun or when youre hiking. Can wear t shirt and shorts. But i rather wear pants cause when the cold wind blows~ it's quite chilly. Was having lunch under shade in the open with just t shirt and pants, shaking towards the end.

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got back. Temperature at 6am is below 10. Very cold for me. Same for after 9pm. Daytime usually feels okay if youre in the sun or when youre hiking. Can wear t shirt and shorts. But i rather wear pants cause when the cold wind blows~ it's quite chilly. Was having lunch under shade in the open with just t shirt and pants, shaking towards the end.

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

Lol. Ok. Thanks for the info.

Cause the previous poster say till like damn warm in the room. So I tot like hot and humid. Like that jialat liao if like that.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think depends on which area also. 2 weeks ago i flew from auckland to Christchurch. No snow anywhere. Very comfortable temperature.

Today flying back. Sunny day again.

sihevai

Reaction score
just came back last week. weather turning warmer.

in the day t-shirt and jeans is fine. temp will be close to 20 degrees. just that the sun is very scorching and day is long (sky turns dark at 9pm). can really feel the heat on your skin, so prepare sun screen + sun glasses + cap, and have long sleeves to cover up if your skin is sensitive.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am going south island for 17 days in 4 weeks time. Any car rental companies to recommend?
I got mine from apex.
For north island i rented a toyota corolla. Quite old and got spiderweb on side mirror. But used it without any problem
For south i took a camry. Newer model and quite clean. No problem also.

sihevai

Reaction score
I got mine from apex.
For north island i rented a toyota corolla. Quite old and got spiderweb on side mirror. But used it without any problem
For south i took a camry. Newer model and quite clean. No problem also.

Got mine from Apex as well. Provided us with a decent Rav4 for 16 days.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got mine with go rental. Partly due to the go play card that you can get discount with activities all around the country. Price wise also one of the cheaper ones. New model car are available as well. No promo code that I know of.

Toyota Corolla with full insurance package near to 900 for about 14 days. car alone I think 500++. insurance 300+.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got mine with go rental. Partly due to the go play card that you can get discount with activities all around the country. Price wise also one of the cheaper ones. New model car are available as well. No promo code that I know of.

Toyota Corolla with full insurance package near to 900 for about 14 days. car alone I think 500++. insurance 300+.
I paid $900+ for 14day for a 2.5l camry, with gps, no excess insurance and road side assistance. Seems like apex is cheaper

sandzstormz

Reaction score
Ok i just went apex and go rental to quote. 15 days is gonna cost me 1.8k NZD on a toyota. omg why so big difference compared to you guys

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok i just went apex and go rental to quote. 15 days is gonna cost me 1.8k NZD on a toyota. omg why so big difference compared to you guys
Which Toyota model u choose?
Per day how much?
Pick up and drop off same location?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.