BANDUNG! NEED TIPS FROM THOSE WHO'VE BEEN!

gary92

Reaction score
Hi! im planning a trip for my group of friends to go bandung, around 10 people, any recommendations or tips or any info you guys can advice?

any help would be appreciated! :s12:

Thank You!

GoToSea

Reaction score
rent a car or two, get a local driver, then you should be fine.
shop till u drop.

Man v.1

Reaction score
Firstly, hire a local driver to bring you around. Since 10 of you are going, the cost will be split and much cheaper for each person. There are some attractions that you can go and plenty of shopping that you can do in Bandung. Some of the shopping places that i've been to are Paris Van Java Mall, Rumah Mode, Truno Joyo Bandung, Cihampelas Walk etc. And try to make a trip to Stone Cafe to have your dinner. It's a cool place :D

invigo79

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
People go Bandung for 3 things: factory outlets, makan & cooling weather.

Hire 2 cars or a mini bus for the 10 of you with local driver since they are familiar with the place and can bring you to nice places.

Nearby tourist attractions are tangkuban perahu (its a national park and go to the top to see mountain crater) & ciater hot spring to try out Indonesian hot spring.

Go for delman (horse ride carriage) if you are interested.

There are other places too. Can ask the drivers to recommend you.

Bring rupiah. Lots of places dont accept credit card.

Budget round 200k rupiah per day for meals per person (around $20)

Sent from LGE LG-D855 using GAGT

gary92

Reaction score
you guys know where is are the best places to stay at? thinking of Braga street! or if y'all got any like lobang or driver intro would be welcome too!

dont see any other thread on bandung here leh.

Thanks for the help so far! guess i'll get a driver then..

ohohohohohh

Reaction score
Try their brownies! There will be many banners around there advertising so keep a look out for it.

You must go kawah putih (crater lake). Its so beautiful- online pictures did not do justice to that place. Yes, tangkuban perahu must go also.

You must remember to compare the prices between those clothing outlets. Even though they maybe cheap to you, the prices do differ slightly. But then if you don't mind and don't want to walk to and fro, you can always settle for the first outlet you go to.

Generally food is cheap there but potion not big so you must gauge properly.

I spend 6 days there, total accomodation + air fares + spending = less than 800$ per person.

Last edited:

Man v.1

Reaction score
you guys know where is are the best places to stay at? thinking of Braga street! or if y'all got any like lobang or driver intro would be welcome too!

dont see any other thread on bandung here leh.

Thanks for the help so far! guess i'll get a driver then..

Previously i stayed at this hotel called Ivory by Ayola Bandung. It's quite a new hotel actually and very nice. - http://www.topotels.com/ivory-ayola/#!/splash

I suggest not to go tangkuban perahu as it's overpriced now but kawah putih is fine. And also maybe you can try Trans Studio Bandung.

gary92

Reaction score
Try their brownies! There will be many banners around there advertising so keep a look out for it.

You must go kawah putih (crater lake). Its so beautiful- online pictures did not do justice to that place. Yes, tangkuban perahu must go also.

You must remember to compare the prices between those clothing outlets. Even though they maybe cheap to you, the prices do differ slightly. But then if you don't mind and don't want to walk to and fro, you can always settle for the first outlet you go to.

I spend 6 days there, total accomodation + air fares + spending = less than 800$ per person.

yes! planning to go kawah putih! looks so beautiful! i heard tangkuban perahu is expensive also.. but im going with a group mah.. dk if the tour guide that bring you around the craters charge per group or per pax..

any idea which is a good area to stay? im planning on staying near braga, hopefully at night got nice massage and cheap drinks and places to chill nearby. but seems like a lot of hostels are around like the railway station.

pinkibeee

Reaction score
yes! planning to go kawah putih! looks so beautiful! i heard tangkuban perahu is expensive also.. but im going with a group mah.. dk if the tour guide that bring you around the craters charge per group or per pax..

any idea which is a good area to stay? im planning on staying near braga, hopefully at night got nice massage and cheap drinks and places to chill nearby. but seems like a lot of hostels are around like the railway station.

braga street is like our clark quay, a lot of bars and pubs so if you dont mind the noise, that's a pretty good place to stay at. I stayed at FaveHotel Premier at Cihampelas Street. It's not too bad.

Tour guide for the crater is about sgd25. So if 10 of you, $2.50 each. ok la..

gary92

Reaction score

braga street is like our clark quay, a lot of bars and pubs so if you dont mind the noise, that's a pretty good place to stay at. I stayed at FaveHotel Premier at Cihampelas Street. It's not too bad.

Tour guide for the crater is about sgd25. So if 10 of you, $2.50 each. ok la..

how is Cihampelas Street compared to Braga? at night were there bars and stuff? or like cheap bars nearby? the area nearby is it more happening? i know theres quite a big mall there

pinkibeee

Reaction score
how is Cihampelas Street compared to Braga? at night were there bars and stuff? or like cheap bars nearby? the area nearby is it more happening? i know theres quite a big mall there

I would say Cihampelas street would be quieter. The shopping mall would be your to-go place for drinks and activities.

lifesgood

Reaction score
Anyone can recommend accommodation suitable for family with young child?
Any child-friendly activities in Bundung?

gary92

Reaction score
actually all the sight seeing is child friendly mah..strawberry farm.. tea plantation. or volcanos haha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.