damaged luggage wheel - in europe

lordnaj

Reaction score
hi all
i'm having some trouble with my damaged luggage wheels, and I'm in Paris now. Anyone knows if there is some replacement service or repair shop in the region that can help replace the wheels?

yrh0413

Reaction score
If budget is not an issue, a new luggage bag from Rimowa can be bought pretty cheap (can be up to 40% less of that Singapore is selling). Buy a new bag, leave the damaged bag in Paris, claim VAT refund when upon departure.

runeruin

Banned
Reaction score
If budget is not an issue, a new luggage bag from Rimowa can be bought pretty cheap (can be up to 40% less of that Singapore is selling). Buy a new bag, leave the damaged bag in Paris, claim VAT refund when upon departure.

How to claim VAT when its being used?

frostiee

Reaction score
There's 2 places to claim for VAT; before and after checking in.
For luggage, you can claim for VAT before checking in. However, the risk is that the queue might be very long and you will have to arrive way earlier prior to check in.

Alternatively, if your luggage is small enough to be a carry on, you can claim for VAT after checking in. Queue is shorter but similarly the counter is also lesser.

There is a 2 step process. A stamp have to be obtained before getting the refund from another counter.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.