Good car rental company in NY JFK?

yamcake

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone has recommendation for the car rental companies in new york jfk?
i have read some online reviews, seems like every company has some problem or another... any experience to share?

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score
i have read some online reviews, seems like every company has some problem or another... any experience to share?

Ahem, define 'good rental car company'. In US car rental is multi-billion business and it has long history.

Upscales are Hertz, National, Sixt. Dollar, Advantage, Enterprise and bunch of other are in mid range and there are number of cheap one.

Define what you are looking for and it might be easier to answer your questions.

Shiny Things

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hertz has always been pretty decent to me, and they've got a nice range of hot metal at the bigger airport locations. Not as cheap as Dollar/Thrifty/Budget, though.

chimpchimp

Reaction score
Good luck trying to navigate the city streets of New York City. Even the GPS can't save you.

yamcake

Master Member
Reaction score
i think good would be wont anyhow charge u extra, i think thats wat im most worried about...
just be upfront about the charges, and no hidden stuff..

Yea, wont be driving in nyc, taking th car out to boston and DC..

punggolkid

Reaction score
I've had a good experience with Hertz for 3 bookings in 3 different countries so far. As long as you get excess reduction insurance you're fine.

I've heard good things about Enterprise as well, service-wise.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.