Lucknow, India Experience

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Planning a short trip to Lucknow, probably like 5 days or so.

Is it really a pity to go to Lucknow without visiting the other provinces of India? Would like to take a longer vacation but work commitment disallows it.

Anyone who has been there could share your itinerary and experiences?

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Not been there but I think Lucknow is a good choice. Rich history and you can perhaps manage to visit Varanasi if you want an excursion.

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not been there but I think Lucknow is a good choice. Rich history and you can perhaps manage to visit Varanasi if you want an excursion.

Will be traveling with a female companion, not sure if she's receptive to Varanasi - it's known to be a more rowdy place

Hisashiburi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just took a look and the air quality is really bad there...if u are going, be sure to bring along a mask or two.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Will be traveling with a female companion, not sure if she's receptive to Varanasi - it's known to be a more rowdy place

Not sure what is the rowdy that is "known". Varanasi is a religious place. Just avoid festival dates if the crowds are not for you.

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just took a look and the air quality is really bad there...if u are going, be sure to bring along a mask or two.

Air quality is bad in lucknow as well?

Not sure what is the rowdy that is "known". Varanasi is a religious place. Just avoid festival dates if the crowds are not for you.

I was told that female groping.... happens often in Varanasi

Knightoftheblackrose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been to India before, including Lucknow and Varanasi.

What I remembered most vividly is the smell of cow dung the moment I arrived at New Delhi airport.
There is cow dung everywhere even at the Taj Mahal!!!!

The most important thing is to drink and brush your teeth using bottled water.
The water in India is usually contaminated and half my group including the tour guide got Diarrhoea.

greenhse

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
been to lucknow before on business

this is the place/country I dun feel to go back again

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.