Must read : Time Share Scam Awareness! Don't be the next victim!

• Have you been Scammed?
    Follow this advisory from National Crime Prevention Council (NCPC) on the next steps you can take. More info

maritz

Reaction score
Anyone successful so far in getting at least a reply??

Just want to know how many of you have been contacted by the i-discover staff after u've mailed them the letter from CASE?

I went down personally to their office on the same day I went to CASE. The customer svc officer wasn't working since it was a Saturday. (5th June)
it has been 5 days already, no reply. At least to acknowledge that she has received the letter???!

I tried calling the office, but no body picked up.
Anyone knows the no.?? its 67378838 right??

crntbs

Reaction score
Haiz, sad to see so many ppl still gotten cheated... :(

For those ppl who are worried abt not getting back your money if you submit the cancellation within cooling period, don't be. Well, this is what happened to my friend. I was quite involved as I went down to CASE with her for help. I even accompany her to seek legal advise.

CASE helped my friend by faxing the request for cancellation to the timeshare company. They also advise my friend to send the request for cancellation letter thru registered mail. As expected, there was no news from the timeshare company for 2weeks or so. My friend kept calling them up every 2/3 days and CASE also help by calling them up to they are processing to return her money. And eventually, she did get most of her 5.5K back... :)

According to CASE, as long as the company receive the termination letter within the cooling period, it's considered valid no matter how long it took for the company to response. Therefore, putting a date on the letter is important, sending it thru registered mail is also important as the date when the company receive the letter can be traced.

Anyway, do not waste your time going down, just keep bombarding them with your phone calls is enuff. also, you may call CASE (the officer who attended to you will usually gave you his/her direct line no.) to get updates and advices from time to time (probably at 1/2 weeks interval, you wouldn't want to annoy the ppl who are helping you... :))

For those who are interested in my friend's story, you may want to read it here... http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showpost.php?p=42862896&postcount=476

jhen60

Reaction score
So you also signed up the 25 years contract? I also paid $5K by CC. Then after which, got to pay the monthly instalment to the bank for the rest of $4k.

CASE has help me send the 3rd letter to iDiscover for refund. I am waiting for their response. If really can't get back, I will have to go through small claims already. I hope everything will go out as I wanted. $9K paid in 2 years can be used to do a lot of other things out there.

no..i only sign up for 10 yrs contract. i also think to go through small claims if really cannot get back my money. if u hv any updated news from CASE, pls share with us here. thanks!

taylon

Reaction score
Lets bring this kind of thing to stomp, so that all people know that where theses scamming company... i have tried make few post to stomp, but none is seem on stomp... i wonder why sia....

crntbs

Reaction score
no..i only sign up for 10 yrs contract. i also think to go through small claims if really cannot get back my money. if u hv any updated news from CASE, pls share with us here. thanks!

my friend tried small claims but they rejected her case citing some reasons which i cannot remember...

xiannaix

Reaction score
need help. my parents signed with LGM n paid 10k (fully paid) in 2005. and was later informed it was closed down. so this company, project media called and made my parents went down to the office and forced my parents to sign another contract or they will get sued but promised a return of 55k after 3 years. they paid another 10k. now, after 3 years, when it is time to get the money, they started coming up with all sorts of excuses and said LGM is holding back the money because LGM claims that we have not paid in full the first 10k. i only get to know about this recently and went online to check and realised it's all a scam. apparently, my parents paid the 10k for the service provided by project media to do a offload/transfer as stated in the contract. but what my parents was told years ago that project media bought over what my parents have at LGM. (i'm suspecting what was told to my parents and what was in the contract was different even though an interpreter was engaged by them when the contract was signed) what exactly should we do now? i've read through the thread and people goes to CASE to terminate the contract they have with whichever company so they don't have to pay any further. but for us, we've already paid in full. does going to CASE still help? or should we engage lawyer or something? my parents doesn't want the 55k that project media promised anymore, they just want back the 20k that they've paid in total to both project media and LGM, even not the full amount. we're lost. what is the next step we should take? or is the money as good as gone?

crntbs

Reaction score
need help. my parents signed with LGM n paid 10k (fully paid) in 2005. and was later informed it was closed down. so this company, project media called and made my parents went down to the office and forced my parents to sign another contract or they will get sued but promised a return of 55k after 3 years. they paid another 10k. now, after 3 years, when it is time to get the money, they started coming up with all sorts of excuses and said LGM is holding back the money because LGM claims that we have not paid in full the first 10k. i only get to know about this recently and went online to check and realised it's all a scam. apparently, my parents paid the 10k for the service provided by project media to do a offload/transfer as stated in the contract. but what my parents was told years ago that project media bought over what my parents have at LGM. (i'm suspecting what was told to my parents and what was in the contract was different even though an interpreter was engaged by them when the contract was signed) what exactly should we do now? i've read through the thread and people goes to CASE to terminate the contract they have with whichever company so they don't have to pay any further. but for us, we've already paid in full. does going to CASE still help? or should we engage lawyer or something? my parents doesn't want the 55k that project media promised anymore, they just want back the 20k that they've paid in total to both project media and LGM, even not the full amount. we're lost. what is the next step we should take? or is the money as good as gone?

it's as good as gone unless you're prepared to go thru the traumatic process of getting your money back like some of the forummers. My friend gave up her 50+k because she didn't want to go thru that. she just don't want to have any more dealings with the timeshare company...:(

Leon86

Reaction score
HI

I have the same problem face as you i also sign the package around may. I currently seeking Help from CASE. I believe that is best that all of us should gather to make a final stand if thing turn bad

modernburrow

Reaction score
Been following this thread

Hi there. I have been following this thread for a bit, and after talking to a guy who had some issues to TS and also Lee, Chandran and Partners (he took them to Small Claims Tribunal), I thought I'd share what I know.

You have a 5 day "cooling off" period (excludes weekends and public holidays) from signing of contract and if notice of the 5 day period was given (initialing the notice without explanation may or may not count as notice)

After that contract is enforceable. You can go to CASE or to the courts. Small Claims Tribunal (SCT) is usually the best since its procedures are simple. BUT, it only covers until $10k ($20k if both parties agree). Otherwise you go to the Magistrates' Court ($60k) or District Court ($250k). Any sum higher will require you to go to the High Court (I hope no one has anything higher than Magistrates' Court).

SCT is best because you don't need to hire a lawyer. Forms are standardised and you can fill them up yourself quite easily. If not there are sometimes law students who are trained to help with filling out the SCT forms. Court fees are also relatively cheap for SCT ($20 I think for claims btw $5 to 10k)

No money for lawyer? Ask the Legal Aid Bureau, but they have Means and Merits Test. Otherwise have to find cheap lawyer. Remember lawyers don't find you personally, at most they have ads (only HOH & Partners have ads). And lawyers do not have agents to find business for them.

For more detailed info, I wrote a blog entry. You can check it if you want.

Hope this helps.

xiannaix

Reaction score
we don't mind going through the process but since there were contract signed, is it like high possibility we won't be able to win? even though it is obvious that we kinda got cheated? sigh.
anyway what's the process like? going to CASE? or engage a lawyer?

crntbs

Reaction score
we don't mind going through the process but since there were contract signed, is it like high possibility we won't be able to win? even though it is obvious that we kinda got cheated? sigh.
anyway what's the process like? going to CASE? or engage a lawyer?

I would advise you to go to CASE first. Explain to them your story and seek their advice from there. They might advice you to go thru Small Claims Tribunal but like what modernburrow had said, you can only go thru that if your claim amt is less than 10k.

You can also seek free legal consultancy thru community centres but you have only 30mins to explain your story and ask your questions and their answer is quite vade as they do not want to be held responsible for any actions that you might be taking. But it is still good to listen to their advice. Just make sure you make use of that 30mins wisely...

After that, it is up to you on which direction you want to approach. btw, remember to read thru the contracts before you go to CASE or the legal advisor.

Cigars83

Reaction score
IDISCOVERY got prank by me

I have made a profit of $750 within 5 days.

Once i took up for this agreement and paid a $1k deposit, i called up the sale girl the following day to book air-tickets and hotel for my friends. For this trip i have earn around $700 as i markup the airticket & not much on the hotel accommodation + $50 NTUC voucher. Once the ticket and hotel confirmed, I send out the Notice of Cancellation via registered mail to the company to determinate the agreement. Make sure that it is within 5 working days excluding Sat & Sun.

This suckling company, lost around $2k for booking the whole trip. When i called them up on regarding about the notice of cancellation the person in-charge dont dare to answer my call. I will make a trip down to their office to get back my deposit. If not i will open a CASE after 60days upon the date which i send out the letter. Cheers!

So be smart and turn the table around. When u guys got a call from this company dont scared. Attend the seminar and get the $50 voucher first. :s13:

Cigars83

Reaction score
IDISCOVERY

Once i took up for this agreement and paid a $1k deposit, i called up the sale girl the following day to book air-tickets and hotel for my friends. For this trip i have earn around $700 as i markup the airticket & not much on the hotel accommodation + $50 NTUC voucher. Once the ticket and hotel confirmed, I send out the Notice of Cancellation via registered mail to the company to determinate the agreement. Make sure that it is within 5 working days excluding Sat & Sun.

This suckling company, lost around $2k for booking the whole trip. When i called them up on regarding about the notice of cancellation the person in-charge dont dare to answer my call. I will make a trip down to their office to get back my deposit. If not i will open a CASE after 60days upon the date which i send out the letter. Cheers!

So be smart and turn the table around. When u guys got a call from this company dont scared. Attend the seminar and get the $50 voucher first. :s13:

Chriz88

Reaction score
hi madly00,

do not take up with asialinx. if you're keen may recommend this co - herold intnl as they had helped me so far....
hi madly00,

Dont go to Asialinx. the will ask you to open an account and turn the whole thing into an investment deal. End up you will lose all your $ and the contract last for 4 years. they will say that they will take care off all the outstnading payments etc ..dont get con. The contracts are drafted diffently.

XiaoZen

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

from what i understand from ur post.. u earn 750 from your friend.. not idiscover.. i look down on ppl whom earn friend's money.

Cigars83

Reaction score
Well, is a Win-win situation for both of us. He saved around 1.5k for the whole trip i earn $750 out of it. I dont see what the problem with it. Maybe i can say that your mind is just a narrow one. In life there is no forever friends and foe. Human is selfish, GREED, take things the easy way out and lastly to live luxury. These are the weak points of human why till now there are still people falling for this scam. Friend you have long way to go. Cheers!

taylon

Reaction score
i update here the out come of my incident.

Idiscover replied back a mail to CASE Singapore telling them since i have submitted the cancellation notice to them personally, why there is a need for me to report them to CASE? They claimed they are honest and legal company and by reporting them to CASE, will they be blacklisted for no reason? will CASE take any action on them? they sound so innocent. What bull ****.

In the mail they replied to CASE, they wrote they will refund me the deposit but problem is, since i handle my case to CASE, they have to defer my report to their director to seek approval for the refund, but he is oversea. Every thing have to wait for him to come back. This sound stupid right? does this mean if i didnt go to CASE, they will refund my deposit w/o going through their director? No i know their director is so useless... handling this kind of small little thing. What stupid reason they can make up.. No matter what, they have make a promiss to CASE to refund my deposit. Every thing they will liase with CASE. so what i can do now is just wait loh. Its just a matter of time nia.

Bw, i try post their scamming to stomp.sg, but stomp rejected my post. Can any one try post them on stomp to alert others??

I went down to the CASE Singapore to file a report against Idiscover international ptd Ltd today. I explain to the Case officer that:

At the point of time i sign the contract, i was not told or explain abt any of the cooling period by the Idiscover staff. The notice of cancellation is folded by the staff and put in a envelope tgt with my contract, thus i did not even notice that i have 5 day cooling period till i read some of your reply in the forum. This is already against the rules thus i have the right to cancel it w/o paying any more additional fees. In another words, the 2nd payment of $8500 idiscover have no legal right to charge me.

CASE officer also helped me to send in a cancellation report with the date stated to inform the Idiscover to cancel my contract immediately. Regarding abt the $500 deposite that i have made earlier, CASE is also helping me to request for a refund.

lucky i have go down personally to give Idiscover the notice of cancellation with their company stamp and date on it, and also request for a photo copy which serve as an evident to show that Idiscover have received my cancellation request

if idiscover refuse to refund my $500, i can chose to go sub court to file in a small claim complaint against idiscover. Told by CASE officer, sub court starting from this year they accept small claim complaints, due to the time shares incident. Its up to my own decision if idiscover refuse to refund my deposite.

***All i can do is wait for the result. I post the action taken by me is to warn all consumer that next time,

1) pls dun dump in large amt of deposite when you are unsure abt the contract that you sign up.

2) If happen you feel that during the cooling period you want to cancel the contract, pls dun meet up with the staff of that company that you sign up. Reason is the staff will bomb ba you with their emotion or beg you not to cancel their contract with them. They might even give you cheaper price just to drag your contract over the cooling period. Once over the cooling period and ur money is transfer out, you will be in slaughted like a hopeless sheep.

3) Nv ever use your credit card to pay by installment to any of the unrecognised company.

4) Credit card company will NEVER call you on phone or request you to go down to any location to collect any reward that you win. Other than going to the bank itself first before they redirect you to another location.

5) pls call the bank to check abt it before you go meet up with that person. Pls do a check online abt that company before you meet up with them.

6) Pls immediately goes to CASE to seek for their professional help if you feel that you are 1 of the victims here.

maritz

Reaction score
My case closed. Though not on the winning side.

Its a huge burden off my shoulders when this case is closed.
They passed my letter from CASE to their board of directors, and allowed me to terminate my membership, at the expense of losing my $2k refund.

Cos I told CASE i was willing to come to a compromise since I submitted my complaint 2 weeks after signing up with them.
(aiyahh.. should have played tougher, test water..who knows they might be willing to refund back the deposit rite?? haaiyah.. too late)

So they (i-discover) mailed me back, saying that I have to come down to sign on some doc to terminate my membership.
I went down with my hubby, signed a piece of paper to state that we would like to terminate our membership, and that's that. They didn't ask much.

So now, i end up paying $83 per mth for 24mths. for that initial $2k deposit.
hmm... guess a price to pay for being ignorant of these kinda things.
NO MORE NEXT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kimwee

Master Member
Reaction score
Wa stumbled on this post didnt know so many pple are victims of this. My wife and I were approached along Orchard Rd and they approached us using the scratch and win tactic. We went as they promised me & my wife $30 Robinsons voucher each after sitting through the session. We listened for 1.5 hrs as required and when the lady finished her piece we just said: ok we are done, will think about it. Can we have the vouchers? We need go off already as we have a dinner appt. The lady tried the usual delay tactics then I just pretended my friend called and rushing us. After that, we just demanded the vouchers and claimed them after the lady knew we have no intention to listen any longer.

So we walked out $60 richer. If more of us purposely do that more often I think very soon they will stop trying to entice people on the streets with their cheat tactics and hence there will be less victims :)

But having said that it just takes 1 bugger to fall for their trick and they will cover everything back + profit... :(

junlei

Reaction score
my mum said that the timeshare thingy is folding up in singapore. Any truth in this anyone?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.