Name on airline ticket

jayjay0702

Reaction score
Hi everyone I need a little help here. Let's say my name is "lim xxxxx", but my friend booked an air ticket as "lim xxx xxx" for me, will it matter???

TIA

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone I need a little help here. Let's say my name is "lim xxxxx", but my friend booked an air ticket as "lim xxx xxx" for me, will it matter???

TIA

Depends on the airline staff at the check in counter, and the immigration custom officer wanna let u go thru or not ...

perhaps you can call in the airline, see if they can help u change for free or not ..

fone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

TIA

Might not matter, what airline are you flying?

Assuming "xxxxx" = "xxx xxx" with an additional space only (you have 5x vs 6x). Some airlines' system are not able to accept the space within the first name, in which case, you would be fine as your friend was forced to book it this way by the airline system. Also, boarding pass will be printed this way, some will be "Limxxxxxx" or "xxxxxxMrLim" etc.

Security/Immigration do not really have a say in this unless they have a list of how each airline prints their boarding pass (ie if some airlines prints it together, they will be trained to accept it)

For example, EVA Air system does not accept the space, everything in first name is together. However, SQ system accepts the space, at least the e-ticket has the space, not sure about boarding pass.

Last edited:

artemov

Reaction score

TIA

There's a big difference between 5x vs 6x, it's not a matter of whether there is a space between your first and middle name.

TS you are not clear in your query, no one can give you a proper answer.

dnsfpl

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
interesting, assuming same surname

Tan Min Gang can give the ticket to Tan Ming Ang?

cos end up will be TAN/MINGANG?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.