Royal Caribbean - Mariner of the Seas

Lschia28

Reaction score
will be gg VOTS in early May. Took up a room with balcony, just wondering am i allowed to choose the deck to stay? If yes whats the recommendation?

First time taking RC cruise, anything special to look out for?

TIA!

Last edited:

scheng1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

GeriYoong

Reaction score
Have you booked the cruise? Usually you select the cabin when you book the trip.

Thanks for the link & info! now i should have lower expectation, cz my room is at deck 6 with the views obstructed by the ship structure...hope its not gona be too bad (the supposedly clickable linkto view layout was not working for deck 6) :(

scheng1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have you booked the cruise? Usually you select the cabin when you book the trip.

Thanks for the link & info! now i should have lower expectation, cz my room is at deck 6 with the views obstructed by the ship structure...hope its not gona be too bad (the supposedly clickable linkto view layout was not working for deck 6) :(

You can click on any of the deck layout, and then scroll to the bottom, you can see the link to all the deck.
Another way is to google for "voyager of the seas cabin xxxx", perhaps you are lucky to get a video of the actual cabin.
There is a forum dedicated to all the cruisers. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/

Zerogundamw

Reaction score
Generally speaking, you wouldn't need to care so much on the the location of the cabin especially if you picked interior cabin. There are no window to see outside. What you will most likely focus on are the entertainment on the ship (Food, Show, activities). The room will be for sleeping and shower.

However if you picked balcony, that's a different story =)

Zerogundamw

Reaction score
I really want to go on a cruise!!!!

please do, it's fantastic. You can start off with mariner/voyager 3N weekend trip. starting price is about 350/px. After gratuity maybe slightly over 400. The food, comfort and fun you get is certainly worth this price tag.

Protip: go for the food in main dining hall first, you can still visit the buffet line after that.

lilrex21

Reaction score
actually what is a good price to book the RC cruise?

is $600 for mid ship balcony deck 8 ok?

scheng1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually what is a good price to book the RC cruise?

is $600 for mid ship balcony deck 8 ok?

How many days? Is the price inclusive of all taxes and gratuities? If you happen to find a cruise trip costs less than $100 per pax per night, that is a great deal.

Cruise price is actually based on dynamic pricing and based in USD [converted to SGD when we book locally]. Sometimes inside cabin can cost more than oceanview because of this.

You can also consider booking Princess Cruise and Costa cruise. Costa cruise is much cheaper than Princess or Royal Caribbean.

lilrex21

Reaction score
How many days? Is the price inclusive of all taxes and gratuities? If you happen to find a cruise trip costs less than $100 per pax per night, that is a great deal.

Cruise price is actually based on dynamic pricing and based in USD [converted to SGD when we book locally]. Sometimes inside cabin can cost more than oceanview because of this.

You can also consider booking Princess Cruise and Costa cruise. Costa cruise is much cheaper than Princess or Royal Caribbean.

3N weekend penang. taxes and gratuities alr included. so all in 2 pax close to 1.2k for deck 8 balcony

Princess and Costa cruise is much smaller than RC, no? just wondering cos don’t want to end up bored also..

scheng1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3N weekend penang. taxes and gratuities alr included. so all in 2 pax close to 1.2k for deck 8 balcony

Princess and Costa cruise is much smaller than RC, no? just wondering cos don’t want to end up bored also..

When compare ships, you compare the tonnage, and the passenger capacity. If the tonnage is the same, the ship with lower passenger capacity means either bigger cabin or less cabins and more common space.

One thing about Princess ship is that the balcony size of some cabins is much, much larger than other cruise ships.

If you cruise with newer and bigger ship, you will pay much, much more. For the same itinerary, Mariner of the Seas cost much lesser than Ovation of the Seas for this reason.

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quantum of the Seas will be based in SG for half a year from end 2019

So guess during that time Mariner/Voyager will be deployed somewhere else ?

RC can't be having 2 ships in SG at the same time right ?

Think quite a lot of people are hoping they bring an Oasis class ship here as well.

Maybe old but bigger than the Quantum class

maskingtape

Reaction score
And so I'm back from the final deployment of the Mariner Of the Seas! Had a great time onboard, and many thanks to pros here sharing some tips and tricks. Though MOS is gone now, let me just share some findings and hopefully can be used on other RC ships in future:

- Go early, board early, eat early, explore early. It's easier to wake up early, than to be among the rush-hour crowd.

- If you die die need wifi, don't panic to buy through cruise planner. You can buy onboard wifi (VOOM) anytime during the trip, it cost US$12.99 for VOOM surf. The good thing is you can buy selectively, say on days when you are out at sea and skip on days when you're docked and out traveling.

- On first day, there will be many staff walking around trying to upsell restaurants, spas etc, usually comes with 20% off. Sometimes got daily specials too, so again don't get con by cruise planner

- I skipped beverage package, and I realised the drinks are generally reasonably priced. E.g. 1 bottle of Heineken cost US$7 incl gratitude, 1 latte US$4.20 incl gratitude. Based on my calculation, I need to drink 2 times more than my usual comfort to breakeven. So unless you drink to revenge, else you can save more by going ala carte instead.

- Don't be shy to ask if a food/service is free. I grabbed a free hotdog before a group who were standing there debating if its free. :s13:

- Try out Bingo as least once, it's quite exciting and easy to win (?)

- And yes, go for main dining room meals before buffets. Main dining room meals are usually better in taste, and less busy so you can enjoy in comfort. There is no need to dress up too formal. Follow the dress code stated on daily compass. I saw some wear until like going wedding dinner with dresses and suits, and I only wear button-shirt and jeans. :s22:

- I'm glad I've tried at least one of the specialty restaurant (Chops Grille). It's a different dining experience and the food/service is superb. If you think main dining room is good, specialty restaurants is another level. Price is reasonable especially after 20% off. I had Lobster Brisque, Crab Cake, 9-ounce Prime Angus Mignon + 1 side, and it cost S$45. I brought my own wine and somehow they waived my corkage fee too. :D
(Too bad, Chops Grille is only available on 3 ships atm and they are no longer in SG)

- Exercise, because gym's huge and empty most of the times. Great for people who are shy or have little confidence for start.

- Don't be afraid of sun, bath yourself under the sun with some beers and cocktails. It feels better than it looks. Remember to bring sunglasses and lotion if you intend to tan.

- Always snipe for free water around bars or ask for one. No need queue up @ cafe promenade for water.

- Participate in the daily activities like classes or events, otherwise it can be quite boring to just eat and walk around aimlessly. Again don't be shy and go out there have fun.

- Eat what you can, don't waste food even if its free. Be considerate with others, don't push or cut queues. Be friendly towards staff, treat them with respect.

Last edited:

maskingtape

Reaction score

Think quite a lot of people are hoping they bring an Oasis class ship here as well.

Mariner already gone, now left Voyager.

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score

Mariner ots completed her last sail already, going for makeover before leaving for Miami.

Voyager ots will toggle between SG and HK before sailing to Aust in next Nov.

So by next Nov high peak, only Quantum serving SG.

Deployment unknown after April 20, but likely Voyager taking over again with Quantum going back to China.

Oasis class will never come in coming years as Asia is already serve by new Ultra class

lilrex21

Reaction score
When compare ships, you compare the tonnage, and the passenger capacity. If the tonnage is the same, the ship with lower passenger capacity means either bigger cabin or less cabins and more common space.

One thing about Princess ship is that the balcony size of some cabins is much, much larger than other cruise ships.

If you cruise with newer and bigger ship, you will pay much, much more. For the same itinerary, Mariner of the Seas cost much lesser than Ovation of the Seas for this reason.

hmm.. i was looking at Voyager of the Seas. it’s not that new either from what i recall?

anyway, $100 a night is referring to balcony or interior?

cc2mss5

Reaction score
zaobao has advert

5d4n - penang or phuket
depart - 5dec / 19dec 2019
1st pax at $1088, 2nd pax at $1

6d5n - kl, penang, phuket
depart - 25nov / 30nov / 9dec / 14dec 2019
1st pax at $998, 2nd pax at $1

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.