HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Royal Caribbean - Mariner of the Seas

Like Tree295Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2014, 09:02 PM   #31
Master Member

So now Royal Car is better than star Cr?
Haha. I will share with you once I'm back.
But based on my experiences with Star Cruise, their experience is not as fantastic as before, especially with the influx of Indians and PRCs on board the Star Cruise, it's definitely not as enjoyable as before.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:50 PM   #32

Haha. I will share with you once I'm back.
But based on my experiences with Star Cruise, their experience is not as fantastic as before, especially with the influx of Indians and PRCs on board the Star Cruise, it's definitely not as enjoyable as before.
Haha which reminds me my family was commenting how few of them they are on RC. I feel entire experience RC better but prefer SC food
cormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:15 AM   #33
Master Member

Haha which reminds me my family was commenting how few of them they are on RC. I feel entire experience RC better but prefer SC food
Ya lor, I know the food at SC is better. That is the reason that stops me from going RC.

I cannot imagine eating western food everyday for breakfast, lunch and dinner and dislike buffet food.
dleodleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:54 PM   #34

Ya lor, I know the food at SC is better. That is the reason that stops me from going RC.

I cannot imagine eating western food everyday for breakfast, lunch and dinner and dislike buffet food.
They have some stir fried noodles or rice at the buffet line but just average. I do remember having a very nicely done steamed fish on SC many many years ago (maybe even a decade)

But got to say the Italian on board is delicious. If not on budget every night can eat there
cormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:05 PM   #35

I'm going for the 6D5N trip on November 12. Any bros have recommended itinerary for Phuket and Langkawi? First time heading to those areas!

Last edited by illusioned; 02-09-2014 at 11:17 PM..
illusioned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 02:35 PM   #36

I am also on the Nov12 .
Old 03-09-2014, 02:52 PM   #37

I am also on the Nov12 .
How are you planning out your itinerary?
Old 03-09-2014, 03:01 PM   #38

hello i am on 12 nov sails as well...with my wife, bb daughter, parent in laws and sis in law
staying in 2 connected balcony room

1st port of call will be penang right? the ferry terminal is very near central of penang if not wrong, near to a few museums and stuffs

2nd langkawi, quite ulu must take cab from to reach tourist spots or beach not sure if gonna skip this place and stay onboard

last phuket, never been there before, need to do some research

but hope to slack more onboard with all foodsss and amenities
Old 03-09-2014, 04:14 PM   #39

hello i am on 12 nov sails as well...with my wife, bb daughter, parent in laws and sis in law

1st port of call will be penang right? the ferry terminal is very near central of penang if not wrong, near to a few museums and stuffs

2nd langkawi, quite ulu must take cab from to reach tourist spots or beach not sure if gonna skip this place and stay onboard

I see. Any itinerary planned out for Langkawi and Phuket on your side? For Penang once it's docked those amenities are walking distance? Haven't been to those places!

Any intention to take up royal carribean's excursion? Those seemed pricey but the snorkeling at Phuket seemed attractive.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:30 PM   #40
Master Member

I see. Any itinerary planned out for Langkawi and Phuket on your side? For Penang once it's docked those amenities are walking distance? Haven't been to those places!

Any intention to take up royal carribean's excursion? Those seemed pricey but the snorkeling at Phuket seemed attractive.
You are already able to view the excursion price?
Old 03-09-2014, 05:06 PM   #41

for penang yes, as if not wrong there is only 1 ferry terminal big enough to dock a cruise ship which is near to many historic places. if you dont mind walking is consider within walking distance, penang has the shortest free and easy timeframe of stopover which is only about 5-6hrs? so suggest just roam around nearby ma as no time to take cable car to penang hill liao haha

excursion seems like pricey from the reviews of some bloggers who went similiar trip on Marine of the Sea, if possible plan your own as taxi will be cheaper ba

if u on enough, just booked a local driver in advance during the stopover at phuket as have plenty of time (more than 10hrs?)

Last edited by yeowenzheng; 03-09-2014 at 05:20 PM..
yeowenzheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:47 PM   #42

I have not planned my excursion yet. I am looking thru what is available on the excursion page on the royal carribbean website. The cost is shown there for each excursion.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:59 AM   #43
Master Member

I have been on 5 days RC few years back. For excursion on Phuket, there is no need to join. Just hop onto the free transfer to the island and walk around yourself over there. There are food stalls by the road, gift shops and many nice restaurants. Enough for you all to roam around.
trainke76 likes this.
donut33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:50 AM   #44

guys, just to share some information on the parking facility at Marina Cruise Centre.

Height Limit at 2.1m and 6D5N parking package is at S$65. Have to purchase on the day itself at the vistor centre.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:55 AM   #45
Master Member

guys, just to share some information on the parking facility at Marina Cruise Centre.

Height Limit at 2.1m and 6D5N parking package is at S$65. Have to purchase on the day itself at the vistor centre.
That's some good information there.

Does it apply across the week? Or weekend has another package on their own as well?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.