S'poreans Migrated to Canada LIP LAI

kaisin82

Reaction score
haha porcupines harassing the cows....thats funny....

canada's a pretty place but seems to be very 冷门 with singaporeans

for all that wishes to migrate to vancouver

http://www.welcomebc.ca/pnp

Last edited:

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends Quebec also not hard, my pal doing MBA at McGill got her PR 1 yr into her MBA program

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah noone ah? canada is so ulu ah

Canada not ulu but far, ppl want to be close with their family. Rather move to OZ or NZ.

Study too, even when it was as cheap as NUS or NTU back in 1990s still ppl shy away.

Reaction score
Shortest route to being a Canadian PR is to be a farmer in Saskatchewan. That state is the only state in Canada which only requires 1 year of work to be eligible for PR.. the rest need 2. To increase your chances, farming is highly in demand there. Quebec is the worst since you need to know French...

Had a friend from Saskatchewan. Apparently everyone there owns a rifle to shoot coyotes stealing sheep or porcupines harassing the cows. True story.

How to become a farmer in Canada?
:D

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Canada not ulu but far, ppl want to be close with their family. Rather move to OZ or NZ.

Study too, even when it was as cheap as NUS or NTU back in 1990s still ppl shy away.

Ya its really very far away else I might have stayed there :(

Didn't know in the 90s, the school fees were on par with NTU/NUS. When I was there, my school fees were 18K CAD/2 semesters. And NTU/NUS was like 6K. :s13:

Foozzy2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
was the best summer-autumn/moment of my life :o
if such unfortunate incidences never happen i could have possibly change citizenship and lived there.. instead im waiting for my ns letter :s27::s27::s27:
anyways i cant help much since i went there when i was about 10 years old, lol.. but i do remember where.. my so-called "stepdad" (altho i consider him my only dad, complicated) owned a number of acres there so he had a house built a stones throw away from his step-fathers place, lol.
was very peaceful, could do just about anything a kid my age wanted to do.. drove tractors, get stung by bees, dip into the lake and make friends with canadian chiobus :love:

where we lived was on the outskirts of fredericton, new brunswick. quite ulu, so much privacy, nth like sg :vijayadmin:
rmb taking the ferry to gagetown with my dads car onboard. sigh~ :(
oh henry bars were the best :)

kaisin82

Reaction score
australia seems to be a much popular choice....canada seems to be really popular with hongkongers, taiwanese, vietnamese....if more singaporeans are there, prob there will be more asian food choices too

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
australia seems to be a much popular choice....canada seems to be really popular with hongkongers, taiwanese, vietnamese....if more singaporeans are there, prob there will be more asian food choices too

There are a ton of Asian food choices along with Asian supermarkets such as T&T. Singaporean food is lacking, though...there was one in the downtown Toronto Chinatown but it closed about 4-5 years back.

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends Quebec also not hard, my pal doing MBA at McGill got her PR 1 yr into her MBA program

You really need to know French if you intend to work in Quebec, not so much in Montreal. Discrimination is pretty high in some places.

currypig

Reaction score
actually what are the options for people to migrate to canada, work is hard to get unless you have experience, besides being farmer i think the fastest way is through education

Scarlet Tea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My friend said Toronto night club super happening. Very easy to get ons.

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually what are the options for people to migrate to canada, work is hard to get unless you have experience, besides being farmer i think the fastest way is through education

Yeah, education is probably the best way or marrying a Canadian. Farmer is not much of an option for SGs.

tennisguy

Reaction score
Been to Vancover and really love it :D

Be warn , average weather is like 9 Degrees to 12 Degrees and it rains a lot .

Ang Mohs there are nicer than the ang MOHs I know in Aussie and NZ..

But Vancouver many Asians ....

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are a ton of Asian food choices along with Asian supermarkets such as T&T. Singaporean food is lacking, though...there was one in the downtown Toronto Chinatown but it closed about 4-5 years back.

Is Lion City @ Mississauga still around? There's also this small stall at a food court in Markham. Pacific mall used to have this overpriced Singaporean restaurant as well :s13:

kaisin82

Reaction score
farming is definitely out of the question for singaporeans....asian food like pho is easily available...but not your typical laksa, mer rebus

Fennel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been to Vancover and really love it :D

Be warn , average weather is like 9 Degrees to 12 Degrees and it rains a lot .

Ang Mohs there are nicer than the ang MOHs I know in Aussie and NZ..

But Vancouver many Asians ....

Vancouver is already the warmest city in Canada. Coldest I've experienced there is -8 . Warmest is about 27 .. the rain and overcast skies can be quite gloomy in non-summer months.

South of Vancouver there is Richmond, East Asian majority. Toronto is better for ethnic integration imo.. Vancouver still quite cliqueish / groupie

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.