For those who love to travel alone

Din0saurus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which country is more suitable for solo while which country is more suitable for group?

couple destinations are not suitable. i.e. beach resort holidays.

i probably wouldn't go on multi-day hikes alone also. i've tried and just prefer having someone to talk to.

generally, i solo longer trips to further places and try to get someone along for SEA because it is much easier to get a short trip going and having someone along to split accoms and food expenses allows you to stay in a nicer place and try a bigger variety of food on the same budget.

solo can be any southeast asian countries. china quite hard to solo unless you got locals with you.

why? i went to xinjiang alone and didn't feel like having someone around would have made the trip better...

:s22::s22:

thought got people can share their experience here :o

what do you want to do?

Last edited:

Gaiason

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
some ppl go for adventure and challenges, for me i go for ease and comfort.. :(:(

xiaowhois

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
all those angmoh countries better to travel in a group. travelling will take super long. Asia can tour alone, just try to stay away from red light districts. unless youre an expert. :)
saw b4 in those angmo countries they just rent a car and self drive sightseeing around

tiger2013

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
solo can be any southeast asian countries. china quite hard to solo unless you got locals with you.

China can do solo if it's the city area. Maps are updated, public transport is although quite bad, you can easily rent a bike and just roam around.

But for rural and countryside areas, best to go in a group. Then can rent vehicle or book a bus to tour around. Rural areas transportation is almost all private. Cycling is not recommended unless you are comfortable with the terrain. Maps also not that updated... you may be lost.

kokitty

Reaction score
China can do solo if it's the city area. Maps are updated, public transport is although quite bad, you can easily rent a bike and just roam around.

But for rural and countryside areas, best to go in a group. Then can rent vehicle or book a bus to tour around. Rural areas transportation is almost all private. Cycling is not recommended unless you are comfortable with the terrain. Maps also not that updated... you may be lost.

Actually i find the public transport in the major china cities still okay... just try to avoid their really peak hours cos the locals very seasoned and you will be squeezed out of everything lol.

Agreed on the rural areas....

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

china from one place to another take an hour plus. if you go to another city take 3 hours. some more the roads are driven by crazy ppl who keep honking at every opportunity they have. bike need licence unless you mean those motorised bikes.

for countryside can rent a minibus and a local guide. sometimes the bus driver themselves also not sure but local guide usually can direct him. anyway i dun think i want to go china countryside again.

blengend

Reaction score
Anyone been to any country where the electric socket's voltage is not compatible with our Sg gadget's voltage? Then must bring voltage converter or smth

Went to taiwan without knowing about this the other time, luckily no problem.

Din0saurus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone been to any country where the electric socket's voltage is not compatible with our Sg gadget's voltage? Then must bring voltage converter or smth

most things you will bring overseas can take dual voltage.

butterbarter

Reaction score
Most devices can take dual voltage. Check your devices label to be sure but plugging a 230v device into a 100-120v source usually does no harm.

So far, the only thing I tried that didn't work is those immersion heaters. Sometimes I bring a tiny one with me, and it failed to boil the water when used on 100-120v. The same amount of water boils in 5-10 mins on 220-240v. I later bought an immersion heater made specifically for 100-120v, and it still takes 20-30 minutes, due to the low voltage.

In Asia, only Taiwan and Japan are using 100-120v.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.