For those who love to travel alone

iseedogface

Reaction score
I'll be solo tripping to Hanoi for 9 days in the end of april ( I bought the tickets on impulse). Can anyone provide me with a list of things to do and things to avoid/watch out for?

I have never solo tripped in my life and thought this would be a great experience!

If anyone happens to be travelling to Hanoi during end april - early may, perhaps you'd like to travel together?

seanysp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'll be solo tripping to Hanoi for 9 days in the end of april ( I bought the tickets on impulse). Can anyone provide me with a list of things to do and things to avoid/watch out for?

I have never solo tripped in my life and thought this would be a great experience!

If anyone happens to be travelling to Hanoi during end april - early may, perhaps you'd like to travel together?
Can visit sapa(north of hanoi)
Small town with very nice hiking trails certain time of the day the small mountain down will be in the middle of low clouds

Sent from Xiaomi MI MIX 2 using GAGT

70niner

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to my solo 2 week Europe trip in 2 months time!!!!

toolbox03

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Drink egg coffee, eat wok hei horfun, hot pho in the cold morning, chill by the street railway

Go to halong bay, cycle in tam coc, hiking in sapa etc

Last edited:

blues7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How many days?

Not much to suggest becoz everything there is good

Museums

Shows

Shopping?

Food?

Get train ticket and go visit the castles

Go Greenwich

Go uni visit?

im going to london alone in a few weeks - any recommendations please?

Pk0601

Reaction score
YES to these.

Esp if you travel with people who can't compromise and YOU end up being the one having to compromise, f that...

Plus smtimes you want to go budget, but your travel mates want to spend like king, you end up having to pay a lot of 冤枉钱.

Some people have no patience to wait for you, but many times YOU end up being the one waiting for them most of the times.

After travelling solo once, I never really wanted to travel much with others liao, esp if its in a group even more leychey — you can't please everyone. Anyway when you're travelling solo you're not exactly alone also since you'll meet people along the way esp if you stay in hostels. It's only whether you choose to open up or choose to stick in your own comfort zone. When I travel with others, usually we don't interact much with people along the way. But when you're alone, you will tend to interact more and learn more new things too, imo.

But of course there's exception times too when I still travel with others, eg, family trips (this one very lehchey but bobian, family mah) or certain trips.

Never understood the joy of travelling with others. So troublesome and bothersome. Got to compromise and all. Want to eat something or go somewhere must get the consent of everyone.

eudemon

Reaction score
3d2n Halong Bay Party cruise with central backpackers hostel. Any opinions? is it safe?

Shop around. The hostels/hotels are all just reselling the same packages. There are 3 price classes for Halong Bay cruises - you pay for what quality you get.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.