For those who love to travel alone

plustwo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone who traveled after covid start any experience will extra racism?

shallow

Reaction score
Flying to Pittsburgh next week for a 3 month biz trip. Other than visiting nigara fall, any other places worth visiting/doing that's is within driveable distance?

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Flying to Pittsburgh next week for a 3 month biz trip. Other than visiting nigara fall, any other places worth visiting/doing that's is within driveable distance?
I don't find Niagara Falls near to Pittsburgh. What's a drivable distance for you? If a 4 -6 hours drive is ok for you, then Baltimore and Washington DC.

DC has quite a number of attractions to visit. I would give it a day or 2. It's pretty dead in the evenings though.

Do visit Randyland when you are in Pittsburgh. And do have a milkshake at the Milkshake Factory.

Do consider taking the Amtrak.

Hisashiburi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Niagara falls is a bit far.
Maybe can do a weekend trip.

Check out the nearby national parks.
America has some very beautiful national parks that we can't find in sg.
Can go to nearby lake erie.

If adventurous , can try outdoor sports like white water rafting, zip line, skydiving.

On weekends, can take 3d2n or 2d1n trips to nearby cities too like Boston, nyc n also Maine.
But have to fly.

Don't limit yourself to just areas near pittsburg

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Are you visiting Washington DC and New York City?

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Niagara falls is a bit far.
Maybe can do a weekend trip.

Check out the nearby national parks.
America has some very beautiful national parks that we can't find in sg.
Can go to nearby lake erie.

If adventurous , can try outdoor sports like white water rafting, zip line, skydiving.

On weekends, can take 3d2n or 2d1n trips to nearby cities too like Boston, nyc n also Maine.
But have to fly.

Don't limit yourself to just areas near pittsburg
I'll recommend Maine too! I was in Wiscasset for a month!

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for the wonderful suggestions! All sounds fun and exciting!
If you like the outdoors, you can do the C&O and the GAP. You don't have to bike the entire route. There are some nice hiking points along the route. You can take the Amtrak.

I did Niagara Falls. Walked from Niagara Falls Ontario to Niagara Falls NY via the Rainbow Bridge.

You can get some pretty good deals via Groupon for hotels in Niagara Falls Ontario.

P/S: I did 2 weeks NYC, 1 week Maryland and DC, 1 week Pittsburgh, biked from Pittsburgh to DC, couple of days in Baltimore, a day in Boston, one month in Wiscasset, a week in Montreal, a week in Toronto and Niagara Falls Ontario, > 52 hours on the train from Buffalo to Emeryville via the California Zephyr and a week plus in Oakland/Berkeley/San Francisco.

Last edited:

Hisashiburi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try to go to Washington DC on your first weekend or so for the cherry blossoms.
They are famous.

They should be blooming first week of April and they are very nice.

Maybe there are also some local cherry blossom sites where u will be.

claudiusje

Reaction score
Just booked for an Italy trip next week. Anyone been there recently? How's the crowd? Any racist encounters? Anything to share? Thanks.

Hisashiburi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just booked for an Italy trip next week. Anyone been there recently? How's the crowd? Any racist encounters? Anything to share? Thanks.
U can post in the Europe forum.

Went there many years ago.
No racists stuff toward me but lots of brazen pickpockets esp from the gypsies.

Italy is also...very dirty.
Rome n Venice were so dirty yikes.

noname2016

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going Europe with my friend, and thinking of going solo a few days after. never tried solo travel before except for work.. and was always weekends in Asia country. Is it safe to solo in Italy?

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
greek islands outside of summer is a waste of time and money. i was there in may and the water was too cold to do anything.
Assumption #1 you think I'm going there for the beaches :LOL:

Assumption#2 you think Greek island is all about beaches :sneaky:

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.