For those who love to travel alone

UptheToon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm going to Prague next week. Alone. Is there any tips for Prague? Is the Prague 3 days pass important?

GoToSea

Reaction score
cannot speak the language not prob. :D
once i was in amsterdam having my lunch at an Indonesian restaurant, and a Korean chick came in and very2 confuse/blur how to order food, and she doesnt speak english.

One of the lady customer was pointing out the food and said "this is chicken, chicken, you know chicken? *cokka.. *cokka..." while imitating a chicken. I swear to God I was almost dead laughing.

SpeedingBullet

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just came back from a lone 4 day easter holiday in Switzerland, went hiking in Interlaken (up Harder Kulm), and at the Jungfrau region, hiked peak to peak from Jungfrau to this hut about 45mins away. Too bad many hiking trails still closed cos it's considered dangerous (snow covered paths), so couldn't do all. But all-in-all a very fun trip, the Swiss are very friendly and the tap water LOL.. taste like Evian. Many people said it's f*cking stupid to buy water in Switz as the tap water tends to be of higher quality than bottled lol.

Eyes sunburnt cos forgot to wear sunglasses but the experience was unforgettable.

Will do an 8-day hiking trip around Chamonix end May before I come back to SG :D

Last edited:

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
U seem to like china, often fly there.

Well not say I like or don't like but China is so big, so many cities to visit. Due to the rise in CNY, will be visiting less in the future.

Haven't been to Europe yet, probably in the future.

Also planning a Japan trip again next year.

Where I travel depends on air ticket prices/hotel prices/currency exchange.

goldsilvercity

Reaction score
phew.. just found this thread.
great thread!

was in travel bazaar and asking abt how a female in third world country can pee hygiene and conveniently...
coz many developing countries has poor or unsanitary toilets :(

this thread is terrific!!

Pandule

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm interested in travelling alone, but right now the only places I've travelled alone is to HK, taiwan(althought i met up with a friend for dinner for 2/3 nights) and upcoming bangkok. I'm just wondering how to navigate through cities that dont really have a metro system( like yogyakarta, siem reap, phnom penh etc) and how do you guys prevent your iphones or stuff from getting pickpocketed? ( using iphone for google maps and social media lol)

Thanks all for advice!

dazuda

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm interested in travelling alone, but right now the only places I've travelled alone is to HK, taiwan(althought i met up with a friend for dinner for 2/3 nights) and upcoming bangkok. I'm just wondering how to navigate through cities that dont really have a metro system( like yogyakarta, siem reap, phnom penh etc) and how do you guys prevent your iphones or stuff from getting pickpocketed? ( using iphone for google maps and social media lol)

Thanks all for advice!
Have fun with ur upcoming trip~

For Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, no metro but easy to get around on tuktuk. Some cities like Jeju also no metro but got public buses.

Use paper maps/ google maps/ open ur mouth to ask for directions.

Can wear a money belt under ur shirt.

Sent from HTC One using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.