For those who love to travel alone

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Premium outlets mainly sell winter clothings during winter seasons? I wanna buy items suitable to wear in SG.

Again the word premium is really a broad subject.

If you're talking branded clothes, Macy's will do just fine for you. They have a 20% discount for travellers/first time shoppers at Macy's so it's a good steal.

They sell all kinds of clothes. Not just seasonal ones. Stores in NYC are huge so to speak.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
If you are referring to the Premium Outlets like that one in Johor, there are several in or about New York. WOODBURY COMMON and JERSEY SHORE should be more accessible. You can visit their respective outlet website to have an idea which are the available labels and promotions.
http://www.premiumoutlets.com/centers/

Jeanie2015

Reaction score
New Here, Solo Femaile Traveller

Hi all,

Happy to find this forum and knowing that many Singapore females do travel alone. Started travelling alone last year, spent 10 days in Seoul. going to Kyoto this June for 10 days as well. have fun:)

butterbarter

Reaction score
Kyoto is awesome. Allocate a couple of days for Nara, which is a short train ride from Kyoto.

Hi all,

Happy to find this forum and knowing that many Singapore females do travel alone. Started travelling alone last year, spent 10 days in Seoul. going to Kyoto this June for 10 days as well. have fun:)

palmpda

Reaction score
Read the post again lah, you are inserting too many meanings.

But on a practical note, if you never come across threads like this one, most friends or family members around us don't travel solo one.

Why do you think that you're the only special one?

butterbarter

Reaction score
~大.芒.果~;94296556 said:
Nara feels more like a day trip for me than a multi-day one. Kyoto is worth 2-3 days though :)

It depends on your pace and if you are the "rush to see the 2-3 highlights" or you like to linger at leisure and make unplanned stops. I am the latter.

I spent 2 days in Nara and 5-6 days in Kyoto. I would have taken longer if I had more time.

Jeanie2015

Reaction score
It depends on your pace and if you are the "rush to see the 2-3 highlights" or you like to linger at leisure and make unplanned stops. I am the latter.

I spent 2 days in Nara and 5-6 days in Kyoto. I would have taken longer if I had more time.

Thanks for the sharing. I will be spending most of my time in kyoto. I will be making side day trips to nara, uji, hiroshima and the rest of the time is really just go with the flow and see where it leads.

butterbarter

Reaction score
Thanks for the sharing. I will be spending most of my time in kyoto. I will be making side day trips to nara, uji, hiroshima and the rest of the time is really just go with the flow and see where it leads.

Side trip to Hiroshima? Hiroshima is very far from Kyoto. Surely you are not planning to go Hiroshima and return to Kyoto? It's easier to make Hiroshima your last destination and fly off from there directly.

~大.芒.果~

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Side trip to Hiroshima? Hiroshima is very far from Kyoto. Surely you are not planning to go Hiroshima and return to Kyoto? It's easier to make Hiroshima your last destination and fly off from there directly.

You can do a day trip to Miyajima and Hiroshima via Shinkansen from Kyoto. Did that and returned to Osaka. Woke up to catch a 7.30pm train and went back at about 8-9pm.

There's honestly not much in Hiroshima other than the peace museum and a few other minor things which you can finish seeing when you take the free tour bus that comes with your JR Pass. Shopping is about the same, so I skipped that in Hiroshima.

Miyajima is pretty fun for a morning trip :D.

Had a local friend bring me around and sure didn't feel rushed at all :). Even my friend was like "You don't need to spend 1 whole day here..."

But yeah, it really depends on what you plan to do I suppose :o

Last edited:

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
I spent 3 days side trip in Hiroshima and stayed at the Sheraton Hiroshima, nice hotel.

butterbarter

Reaction score
If you only see 1-3 highlights, you can see any city in 1 day.

I spent 3 days in Hiroshima area. 1 full day in the Peace Park and the 2 museums (1 big museum and a much smaller one), and the various memorials. I like to pause and reflect on the exhibits and think about how that terrible day have affected the city, the country and the world. If you take time to look at all the exhibits and actually read the captions and backstories, and watch the videos, the museums alone would take several hours. Then of course the the surrounding areas with the Atomic Dome and scouting around looking for the actual Ground Zero.

I then spent 1 full day in Miyajima (visit the temple, catch the high tide, catch the low tide, walk out to the tori, wonder around the streets and makan, catch the sunset), and 1 day for just wondering around the Hondori pedestrian mall, the castle, and random streets.

As I said, it depends if you are the type to only see 1-3 highlights and call it a day, or you like to linger and savor the time spent in a new place.

~大.芒.果~;94324571 said:
You can do a day trip to Miyajima and Hiroshima via Shinkansen from Kyoto. Did that and returned to Osaka. Woke up to catch a 7.30pm train and went back at about 8-9pm.

There's honestly not much in Hiroshima other than the peace museum and a few other minor things which you can finish seeing when you take the free tour bus that comes with your JR Pass. Shopping is about the same, so I skipped that in Hiroshima.

Miyajima is pretty fun for a morning trip :D.

Had a local friend bring me around and sure didn't feel rushed at all :). Even my friend was like "You don't need to spend 1 whole day here..."

But yeah, it really depends on what you plan to do I suppose :o

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.