The Travel Insurance Promotion Thread

WhiteAnt

Banned
Reaction score
any good travel insurance for family kind... like dotter and mother? travelling to bkk :o flip 5pages but couldn't find any recent promotion on like dbs, msig, sompo, ntuc etc. my last trip i bought fr msig but nothing happen so never claim anything lol

haven't heard of fwd insurance :eek: anyone claim before and issit reliable if sth really bad happen overseas? sry for being conservative

Stinzy123

Reaction score
any good travel insurance for family kind... like dotter and mother? travelling to bkk :o flip 5pages but couldn't find any recent promotion on like dbs, msig, sompo, ntuc etc. my last trip i bought fr msig but nothing happen so never claim anything lol

haven't heard of fwd insurance :eek: anyone claim before and issit reliable if sth really bad happen overseas? sry for being conservative

Family.. u can try sompo travel joy. I bought before. My colleague claimed before and the process was quite smooth.

clementiboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dunno whether to wait for stanchart 50% promo or go for DBS 50% promo leh :(

plans are different for both banks, so cannot compare leh :(

WhiteAnt

Banned
Reaction score
DBS/POSB MSIG having 50% promotion, today is the last day..=:p

thanks for sharing this :o

wanna ask msig better or the sompo better? as in the claim and coverage in comparison as i've heard of people having difficlut or sometimes can't claim

in the end, i bought one from each separate trip :crazy:

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

wanna ask msig better or the sompo better? as in the claim and coverage in comparison as i've heard of people having difficlut or sometimes can't claim

haha ... you try already if choy choy u need to claim
can let us know ...
so far i know msig can claim ...
not sure sompo, never buy before ;)

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

no problems with claims from AXA, MSIG, Sompo, & AIG.

in terms of coverage, I rank AXA best, followed by Sompo, closely behind is MSIG & AIG.

Sompo has the simplest Policy Wordings.

among these 4, I go for the lowest cost or best promo.

have also bought from HL, Etiqa when premiums were substantially lower & simple trips.

may try FWD - but so far, for the trips I plan, not cheaper than preferred 4.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

in terms of coverage, I rank AXA best, followed by Sompo, closely behind is MSIG & AIG.

have also bought from HL, Etiqa when premiums were substantially lower & simple trips.

good review :) I only claimed before from aig, avia, msig ...
however those buying travel insurance
note that for the same company, for example dbs msig and scb msig, both their coverage might differs slightly :) Such as dbs can c dr 5 days, scb is only 72 hours

Spintronics

Reaction score
good review :) I only claimed before from aig, avia, msig ...
however those buying travel insurance
note that for the same company, for example dbs msig and scb msig, both their coverage might differs slightly :) Such as dbs can c dr 5 days, scb is only 72 hours

For theft or damaged goods, how do you make a claim? Need to show them a police report or other documentation?

joel3694

Reaction score
For damage goods just take a pic and factual recount on how it happens, but you'll need an original invoice or statement for your purchase usually.
For theft, definitely need a police report. Get the police statement as well. From my experience in rural areas where police statements are quite difficult to get, you'll need to take a picture of the information gathered by the police and your recount. Always request to take a picture.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For theft or damaged goods, how do you make a claim? Need to show them a police report or other documentation?

Theft confirm need lodge police report at the overseas ...
for damaged luggage, you need to take a pic, make a report at the baggage counter at airport, before you leave the immigration, otherwise abit hard, though some insurance companies might still reimburse you ;)

WhiteAnt

Banned
Reaction score
haha ... you try already if choy choy u need to claim
can let us know ...
so far i know msig can claim ...
not sure sompo, never buy before ;)

seldom claim, only claim once or twice before for over 10years :o

oohh didn't know sompo is better than msig and aig :o and axa is the best :eek:

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seldom claim, only claim once or twice before for over 10years :o

oohh didn't know sompo is better than msig and aig :o and axa is the best :eek:

coverage for these 4 (as well as FWD) r actually comparable. 1 insurer may provide better benefit in 1 area, but lower in another, but not in a significant way.

for the areas I am most concerned with, I think AXA has better terms.

Among these 4, I am ok to switch & choose the one with the lowest cost.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Wanna buy for my individual trip, but need minimum $ 25 for single trip.
if buy with friends, or family is more worth :)

3D asean
Standard - $ 27
Elite - $ 34
Premier - $ 48

4D asean
Standard - $ 30
Elite - $ 38
Premier - $ 53

5D asean
Standard - $ 33
Elite - $ 42
Premier - $ 58

Price before 50% discount.
Minimum premium is $25

Last edited:

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MSIG good for those doing "dangerous activities"...

Btw anyone had claim experience from FWD to share?

runawayballoon

Reaction score
Thanks everyone who used my referral code to buy your insurance. I have replied all your PMs and will contact you all again when I get the referral fee. As advised by FWD, it will typically take 45 days for the referral fee to be credited.

Please continue to support my referral link!

PM me with your name and policy number after your purchase and I will process the necessary! Thanks!

P.S. If I did not reply anyone please PM me again. Shouldn't be possible but I might have missed out your PM. :)

Hi,

I bought using your referral but HWZ doesnt allow me to PM you. Can you initiate a PM so that i can reply to you?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.