The Travel Insurance Promotion Thread

_Crosser

Reaction score
Just came back from Europe trip after traveling insured with MSIG. Was glad I bought the policy, one outpatient visit to GP cost $650 !! :s22:

Now, hope to be able to file the claim, and get the insurer to honor it! Will post the outcome here.

Last edited:

WhiteAnt

Banned
Reaction score
hi guys, can i ask if my mom is going japan, should i get for her DBS MSIG TravellerShield Classic S$28.25 OR AXA Smart traveller Essential Plan $27 ?? (These are after their promotion discount)

which insurer is better? i don't mind paying a little more for msig coz i've never bought axa before :crazy:

however, i saw that axa smart traveller seems to have better coverage as the payout is a lot higher than msig but not sure if the claim process is tedious if *touchwood*? thanks :o

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, can i ask if my mom is going japan, should i get for her DBS MSIG TravellerShield Classic S$28.25 OR AXA Smart traveller Essential Plan $27 ?? (These are after their promotion discount)

which insurer is better? i don't mind paying a little more for msig coz i've never bought axa before :crazy:

however, i saw that axa smart traveller seems to have better coverage as the payout is a lot higher than msig but not sure if the claim process is tedious if *touchwood*? thanks :o

Yes AXA is fine.
AXA Essential is more like MSIG Premier in terms of coverage.

WhiteAnt

Banned
Reaction score
Yes AXA is fine.
AXA Essential is more like MSIG Premier in terms of coverage.

that's awesome! sounds like a free upgrade to take axa essential for a smaller price :o i think the best part is the coverage in case her travel agent collapsed then got coverage too lol

thanks oceanicmanta for the great advice! coz i'm doubting myself if cheaper means better, and seems like this is a special case. :o

subprimelive

Reaction score
sorry just wondering, don't mind this question, my leather luggage tag actually broke and went missing when I flew back from overseas, i looked around the baggage claim areas, cannot find it. Is it possible to claim from travel insurance?

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry just wondering, don't mind this question, my leather luggage tag actually broke and went missing when I flew back from overseas, i looked around the baggage claim areas, cannot find it. Is it possible to claim from travel insurance?

i doubt so ... because it is not part of the luggage.
people normally report for reasons such as the luggage crack, wheels missing, handle broken ... etc ... scratches or wear and tear would not be compensated ...

WhiteAnt

Banned
Reaction score
No claim before, unless there r many successful cases ...

So far tried aig, msig, aviva, managed to claim for medical and luggage damaged ...

you mean there are very few successful claims??

can anyone verify? :eek:

Stuffed

Master Member
Reaction score
If I was to only purchase travel insurance for the few days that I will be trekking or in a more dangerous area, will this be honored by the insurance company?

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Not sure of axa ... didnt buy from them before ...
in this forum, seems like not much people shared about their cases ...

I rather not risk ... somemore MSIG prices is more attractive ...
coverage wise, is good enough in my opinion ... else can top up to $22.25 for a better plan

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hong leong insurance seems like a good buy.

not necessary .. HL does not cover loss/damage of laptops/handphones, ... among other things ...

dont provide rental car excess

SG medical within 3 days (not unreasonable but 5days better)

Last edited:

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

aiyo, already said AXA is fine lor ...

bought 6 times past 4.5yrs, 100% claim record. But of course these do not mean anything if your claim does not fall into AXA's coverage areas which at the moment is one of the more comprehensive ones available

eg) if u claim SG medical on 6th day when policy says must be within 5 days, no insurers will approve

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I was to only purchase travel insurance for the few days that I will be trekking or in a more dangerous area, will this be honored by the insurance company?

Probably yes, and provided the "more dangerous area" is within the area of coverage ...

But ...
U will NOT be covered for any other periods.
U will NOT be covered for your departure/return trips, Illness prior to your Trek causing Trek to be postponed, flight postponment, lost baggage etc etc

AND ...
could be subject to insurer's scrutiny (eg show proof of period overseas & return)

So why risk it ? With all the 40% / 50% discount, just buy for the entire period.

Dont be penny wise pound foolish.

WhiteAnt

Banned
Reaction score
aiyo, already said AXA is fine lor ...

bought 6 times past 4.5yrs, 100% claim record. But of course these do not mean anything if your claim does not fall into AXA's coverage areas which at the moment is one of the more comprehensive ones available

eg) if u claim SG medical on 6th day when policy says must be within 5 days, no insurers will approve

yeah u mentioned is okay so yesterday bought liao :o

but suddenly saw someone commenting dare not buy, so suddenly felt uneasy :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.