The Travel Insurance Promotion Thread

SS8871

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I really appreciate it. I have one other question - if I do end up making 2 trips during the year to destinations outside Asia then am I better off taking an annual worldwide plan or an Asia annual plan + single trip plans for the 2 trips?

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm just curious and at the same time wish to be informed.

Any insurance cover (or assist in coordinating) medical (assume emergency) evacuation (assume again heli?) from cruise liners? (local spore roundtrip)
That's from the ship itself, not medical facility or hospital to another hopsital.

Thks.

Last edited:

Bigoya

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I really appreciate it. I have one other question - if I do end up making 2 trips during the year to destinations outside Asia then am I better off taking an annual worldwide plan or an Asia annual plan + single trip plans for the 2 trips?

If it's just 2 worldwide trips, the latter would be more effective (provided u catch the single trip plans at good promo prices).

ruhul

Reaction score
Hi Bigoya bro...can I check with you? am going for a drive up to Malaysia for 2 weeks with my family. Which travel insurance would you recommend? Your reply would be much appreciated..

TIA!

Bigoya

Reaction score
Hi Bigoya bro...can I check with you? am going for a drive up to Malaysia for 2 weeks with my family. Which travel insurance would you recommend? Your reply would be much appreciated..

TIA!

My worry for u would be stolen valuables (no offence to any Malaysians in the thread).

If ur car is rented, consider AXA Essential with Rental Car excess top-up. Otherwise, either AXA Essential or Sompo Deluxe should do the job.

Last edited:

mojipei

Reaction score
I can see that you have a spreadsheet comparing different plans for travelling to the US. Do you happen to have one that is for Asia, China in particular.

Thank you.

nbsswap

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am heading to Russia, Finland, and Switzerland this year end. Any plans to recommend?

The travel joy lite seems to be the best choice

pgem

Reaction score
Hi, Which insurance company to recommend for Bangkok trip? usually get AXA but like no promo now. Is Sompo easy to claim, esp for post-trip GP medical expenses? Thanks.

Bigoya

Reaction score
Hi, Which insurance company to recommend for Bangkok trip? usually get AXA but like no promo now. Is Sompo easy to claim, esp for post-trip GP medical expenses? Thanks.

AXA and Sompo are both linient on the post-trip medical expenses coverage.

If treatment was sought overseas, follow-up treatments in SG done within 30days of return are claimable.
Otherwise, medical epenses incurred within 5 days are claimable.

Currently sompo has the best pricing if i'm not mistaken.

Bigoya

Reaction score
hi Bigoya bro...if I wanted to buy travel insurance, do I get it through you?

You are able to get'em online on ur own, but if u wish to have an agent to assist u on any potential claims, you are most welcomed to get it through me. :)

ruhul

Reaction score
aiya.....too late bro...i got it online in the early evening. Since you made a recommendation, I was thinking might as well get it through you..anyway, got Sompo as recommended by you...

Bigoya

Reaction score
aiya.....too late bro...i got it online in the early evening. Since you made a recommendation, I was thinking might as well get it through you..anyway, got Sompo as recommended by you...

Haha no worries at all bro, glad you took up my suggestion

If you'd like to, can still drop me your policy no. privately.
I can try requesting Sompo for the servicing rights.

ruhul

Reaction score
bro...i'd like to PM you but because my post is less than 10, apparently, I can only PM hardwarezone staff...not too sure if there is a work around...

Bigoya

Reaction score
bro...i'd like to PM you but because my post is less than 10, apparently, I can only PM hardwarezone staff...not too sure if there is a work around...

Sorry my bad, din notice your post count.
I've dropped u my mobile instead :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.