The Travel Insurance Promotion Thread

Bigoya

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I will be traveling to Europe (13 Apr - 2 May) and to Japan (10 May - 28 May). I am considering getting Sompo since they have 50% discount but would like to seek some inputs.

Thanks

Sompo is currently top on my list.
For rational behind it u might want to chk my previous replies.

Japan trip can consider the Go! Japan package.

KinoChoco

Master Member
Reaction score
Agreed, had the same bad experience with Ajax for 4 month for a $25 coach ticket.

Ajax's investigator team is like a ah beng team, while interviewing, can see they are full of tattoos and whole body smell of cigg and the way they talk also not professional.

I seriously think fwd purposely hire them to make things difficult for all claimers

warnick

Reaction score
Sompo is currently top on my list.
For rational behind it u might want to chk my previous replies.

Japan trip can consider the Go! Japan package.

Thank you for your reply. Looks like I will be going ahead with Sompo :s13:

Edit: Also, should I purchase the sompo plans now? Or wait for better promo?

Bigoya

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. Looks like I will be going ahead with Sompo :s13:

Edit: Also, should I purchase the sompo plans now? Or wait for better promo?

50% is the max I've come across from sompo so far.. promo till end dec. The only reason to wait is unless u want to place order through me lol

pgem

Reaction score
Hi,
For Bangkok 9 days, AXA Essential is $96.90. Is this equivalent to the Sompo Deluxe or Elite plan?
AXA has a home care benefit of up to $10,000. Does Sompo has this benefit as well?

Thanks.

Bigoya

Reaction score
Hi,
For Bangkok 9 days, AXA Essential is $96.90. Is this equivalent to the Sompo Deluxe or Elite plan?
AXA has a home care benefit of up to $10,000. Does Sompo has this benefit as well?

Thanks.

Hi pgem, AXA Essential is on the same tier as Sompo Deluxe.
Sompo however does not come with any home care benefit.
Do you live alone in SG?

miyaku

Reaction score
travelling in end Apr18, with air tickets booked. If i'm to buy travel insurance now, in the event something happens (eg in Jan or Feb) and I can't fly, will I be covered by the travel insurance?

Bigoya

Reaction score
travelling in end Apr18, with air tickets booked. If i'm to buy travel insurance now, in the event something happens (eg in Jan or Feb) and I can't fly, will I be covered by the travel insurance?

That depends on whether the reason for cancellation falls under any of the insured events.

ftF0bIN.png

Sompo.

chimes0709

Reaction score
Sompo doesnt need marketing gimmicks like giving freebies.
Their discount rates are the best that one can ever ask for lol.

Not a fan of Vital, especially if we're talking about a 45days multicountries trp here. But that's just me.

Thanks a ton. We went ahead with the Sompo insurance. Super helpful responses on this forum! Thanks, Bigoya, for helping us with the decision.

Bigoya

Reaction score
Thanks a ton. We went ahead with the Sompo insurance. Super helpful responses on this forum! Thanks, Bigoya, for helping us with the decision.

I'm glad it helps. For the bigger insurance policies in life, don't forget to come to me for advice too. :s13:

winguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can multiple travel insurance policies stack up? Eg credit card one and another purchased one, can claim from both?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.