The Travel Insurance Promotion Thread

TheClaimsHandler

Reaction score
Does the basic travel insurance cover if my flight to Bali is cancelled due to the volcano?

If you bought ur insurance BEFORE the news of eruption, it should be covered under TripCancellation due to natural disaster. But if you buy AFTER you heard the news of eruption, no insurance will cover you. Best to buy insurance right after booking your trip.

TheClaimsHandler

Reaction score
Anyone bought AXA Smart Voyage from Citibank before? Seems super cheap compared to the rest now, but not sure if there are any pitfalls of getting it.

Pretty comprehensive coverage. Their travel delay pays $100 every 4 hours where the rest pays every 6 hours. Made claims on dental expenses in June and baggage delay this September, took 2 weeks to process.

TheClaimsHandler

Reaction score
I just book air tickets for traveling in June. (With family members)

Should I buy travel insurance now or later ?

What is the benefits buying now?

Best to buy insurance right after booking. In the event that something happens to you/family member/companion, or natural disaster occured in SG or destination. Insurers will always check when did you buy ur policy and makes sure that you are not buying the insurance because you have anticipated that something will happen.

a1v1n_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Best to buy insurance right after booking. In the event that something happens to you/family member/companion, or natural disaster occured in SG or destination. Insurers will always check when did you buy ur policy and makes sure that you are not buying the insurance because you have anticipated that something will happen.
That's true but sometimes ppl book trip way in advance.

Sent from ME using GAGT

danielkok

Reaction score
Was thinking of getting an annual insurance package, but the OCBC Great Eastern deal was really good. It's only for single trip. Took it instead, and added rental car excess.

Thanks for sharing!

Lost_Found

Master Member
Reaction score
p9yZNrel.jpg

Sent from LGE NEXUS 5 using GAGT

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Checked for Thailand 4d3n
AXA is 15sgd, 20.40sgd, 28.80sgd

AIG is 24sgd, 33sgd, 46.80sgd

I know AIG is good, hence more expensive. anyone bought from axa before, got claim for medical or baggage issue successfully ?

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I know AIG is good, hence more expensive. anyone bought from axa before, got claim for medical or baggage issue successfully ?
Bought axa for my Nov trip. Used to buy aig but so far nv claim b4. Lately nv buy cos find it lugi if the duration is of the lower side of that particular tier.

Sent from using GAGT

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought axa for my Nov trip. Used to buy aig but so far nv claim b4. Lately nv buy cos find it lugi if the duration is of the lower side of that particular tier.

Sent from using GAGT

Bought before msig for my sep taipei trip...
was sick with flu n sore throat
then went to see doctor in singapore
then managed to claim

hope have the 50% discount again
their normal 25% not very worth
else would buy aviva . good :) managed to claim medical before also :)

gabrielcoon

Reaction score
Bought before msig for my sep taipei trip...
was sick with flu n sore throat
then went to see doctor in singapore
then managed to claim

hope have the 50% discount again
their normal 25% not very worth
else would buy aviva . good :) managed to claim medical before also :)

aviva easy to claim? my friends told me hard to claim so i dun dare to buy from aviva. but their plan quite cheap.

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score
Multi-country insurance

I and my wife are planning Hoi Ann-Siem Reap-KL-Bali trip for two weeks in the end of Dec and beginning of Jan.

Any recommendations where to go and what to get?

therat

Master Member
Reaction score

AIG.. if u opt for the cheapest tie (there ae 3 tie). In the event, you are rob. Cannot claim even with oversea local police report.

Happen to me.

After that, no more AIG travel insurance for me.

normal claim like local or oversea medical fee, easy. as long as you have the receipt

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.