Travelling Batam Indonesia

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
daydreaming, just a suggestion...

As many members here do not write/read Chinese, I'd suggest you allow them to send any queries to you instead, in English. You can then pass the messages to your father accordingly.

Better too, if you've apps like Whatsapp, LINE, etc. I'm pretty sure you'll get more people approaching your father through you, in English.

daydreaming

Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Clarence. Anyone need a guide or driver for weekend base trip, can contact me. I can help you arrange ferry ticket, hotel. (i can get cheap ticket price & accomodation, guarantee price better than agoda.) I don't earn any from ticket & hotel or commision. You can pay me in service based fee as your guide.

I can show you many great place & cheap eating place that won't be available in any tour agency itineray. and no tourist trap such as golden prawn, factory outlet, any place that tour agency used to bring their guest to.

Itinerary of tour, it depends on your preference. If you prefer makan, i can bring you explore all kind of batam's unique makan place that is different from singapore. If you like fishing, I can help arrange fishing trip itinerary. If you like spa & massage, then the itinerary will be focusing on spa. If you like shop for grocery, I can bring you to place that sell cheap grocery & market. Just feel free to discuss what kind of tour that you prefer. we can work on that.

I used my personal car to bring you around. (seat limited to 4). And i'm only available on weekend or public holiday, as I'm always at SG at weekday.. I speak chinese, english, or malay.. I guess the language wont be barrier.

Contact me at 97337247 (including whatsapp, line & wechat)
or +6281364640748 (only weekend)
or pm me.

you are really impolite person, advertise on others thread..
person such like you really doubtful can become a GOOD DRIVER??

Harbourbay Wey Wey Seafood is Good
Cheap and Nice

Yesss, wey wey seafood is famous resto at here :) :)

daydreaming, just a suggestion...

As many members here do not write/read Chinese, I'd suggest you allow them to send any queries to you instead, in English. You can then pass the messages to your father accordingly.

Better too, if you've apps like Whatsapp, LINE, etc. I'm pretty sure you'll get more people approaching your father through you, in English.

Yes sir.. thank you for your advise..
Ok, Please add my ID Line : hayanto
whatsapp : 0812 6644 6165
for any queries, so I can pass to my dad.. Thank you so much :)

Rezeki Seafood also good. better than 933 :D

Yes sir, rezeki seafood at batu besar also a good restaurant :)

Oh you are a local there.

yes, I'm a local :)

daydreaming

Reaction score
any one used mr. a.piaw (ts father) driver service before?

Hi :s13:
until now, as I knew, only one case closed from this TS advertise :s22:
never mind, feel free to ask or any queries
Whatsapp : 0812 6644 6165
Line : hayanto

really appreciated if have used my dad cab service, and give some testi :s13::s13::s13:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windsor foodcourt is one of my favourite seafood locations whenever i visit Batam with my friends. They have many seafood stalls, satay, BBQ seafood, rojak etc and the pricing is much lower compared to the seafood shops in malls.

True that they have a lot of beer girls there selling beer, just ignore them. Their live-show singers performs every Friday, Sat and Sun from 8PM onwards. For a romantic setting, go to HarbourBay Seafood. :)

Source : tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297717-i9135-k7766867-Windsor_Food_Court-Batam_Riau_Archipelago_Riau_Islands_Province.html

slsquare

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will be using his service tomorrow. anything good or bad will be update here. hope it is a good experience. :D

As posted, a review on a.piaw, basically, pronounce as "Ah Biao" for those to know chinese.

Summary of the service and other relevant details

Language: Uncle Biao is chinese himself so you can communicate with him without any language barrier.. if you are chinese. Don't know Bahasa Indonesia?? no worry ! He can help you with translation if you have problem talking to the local too.

Service level :
Service level is pleasant to be honest.
  1. bring us around without complain as we are traveling in his vehicle since the moment we reach Batam. only back to hotel room by 12am~!! He has no complain and very friendly from the moment we met him till we leave batam.
  2. He has 1 spare phone (simple nokia phone la) which he can loan to you for the convenience to contact him if you need to do your own things like spa or shopping.. so he can go drink kopi own his own while you do your stuff. Kinda good so i don't need to spend money on SIM card to call him whenever i am done.
  3. The only Hicup is when we reached Batam we cannot find Uncle Biao because we don't have his number.. and there so many tourists and tour guides around. So i suggest TS or people who contact Uncle for his service please get his mobile number or prearrange a specify meet up place. I only have TS Line contact and when i reach Batam.. there is no internet!!! and the free wifi at the jetty is basically died that day.. so to be on the safe side.. get Uncle Biao number and see if you can borrow a phone to call him when u reach Jetty.

Price : Reasonable.. as we are travelling in a group of 4.. so after dividing out.. i think quite good deal. More detail on the pricing please neg with TS. Uncle Biao don't understand english and don't use LINE or whatsapp.

Conclusion : Not a bad start to kick start your virgin trip to Batam.. Do you own homework and ask him to bring you to those place where u like to visit, eat or sightseeing. You can also ask him for recommendation if you have no idea where to go. He also don't bring you to those touristy place to chop your carrot head too. unless u wanna go la of course..

Last edited:

daydreaming

Reaction score
As posted, a review on a.piaw, basically, pronounce as "Ah Biao" for those to know chinese.

Summary of the service and other relevant details

Language: Uncle Biao is chinese himself so you can communicate with him without any language barrier.. if you are chinese. Don't know Bahasa Indonesia?? no worry ! He can help you with translation if you have problem talking to the local too.

Service level :
Service level is pleasant to be honest.
  1. bring us around without complain as we are traveling in his vehicle since the moment we reach Batam. only back to hotel room by 12am~!! He has no complain and very friendly from the moment we met him till we leave batam.
  2. He has 1 spare phone (simple nokia phone la) which he can loan to you for the convenience to contact him if you need to do your own things like spa or shopping.. so he can go drink kopi own his own while you do your stuff. Kinda good so i don't need to spend money on SIM card to call him whenever i am done.
  3. The only Hicup is when we reached Batam we cannot find Uncle Biao because we don't have his number.. and there so many tourists and tour guides around. So i suggest TS or people who contact Uncle for his service please get his mobile number or prearrange a specify meet up place. I only have TS Line contact and when i reach Batam.. there is no internet!!! and the free wifi at the jetty is basically died that day.. so to be on the safe side.. get Uncle Biao number and see if you can borrow a phone to call him when u reach Jetty.

Price : Reasonable.. as we are travelling in a group of 4.. so after dividing out.. i think quite good deal. More detail on the pricing please neg with TS. Uncle Biao don't understand english and don't use LINE or whatsapp.

Conclusion : Not a bad start to kick start your virgin trip to Batam.. Do you own homework and ask him to bring you to those place where u like to visit, eat or sightseeing. You can also ask him for recommendation if you have no idea where to go. He also don't bring you to those touristy place to chop your carrot head too. unless u wanna go la of course..

Wow.. thanks alot guys for testi and suggestion.
I'll take note for next time.
Hope you can reuse my dad services
thank you so much :s12::s13:

daydreaming

Reaction score
The Spa Secret - Batam

“Great Experience”
4 of 5 starsReviewed September 30, 2014 NEW
Bought Spa Secret offer on Deal.com.sg. Went there with my girlfriends.
First impression when I got to the place was WOW!!!
We were greeted by really friendly staff. They gave us couple rooms, although I would have much preferred a single room. Aside from that, everything else was awesome. The atmosphere of the place as well as the room is excellent. Services rendered by them was excellent. Would definitely not hesitate to go back there on my next trip to Batam.

Visited September 2014

Source : tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g297717-d2510514-Reviews-The_Spa_Secret-Batam_Riau_Archipelago_Riau_Islands_Province.html#REVIEWS

slsquare

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally done with my blog post!

Read my $38 groupon 2D1N deal to Batam: My Weekend Trip to Batam, Pacific Palace HotelFlyhoneystars x Follow My Footsteps | Flyhoneystars x Follow My Footsteps

but.. I ended up spending $200 for the whole trip :/

hey Honeystar..

about

"no shop to buy my data simcard."

just a note... and also to let other ppl who is arriving at sekupang know.. you can buy data simcard or SIM card at the convenient store after you arrive. should be departure hall if i am not wrong. Just take the escalator near the information counter to second level and walk about less than 20m.. you see a convenience store there.. the auntie speak mandarin too. i bought a SIM card (out of desperation, from my review a post above) from the convenient store. total spend around 84,000 rupiah including 10,000 top up for call. i was told that the 2GB data worth can last me 1 year!!! :s22::s22:

highlader

Reaction score
Juz came back over the weekend.
tipping n fee for my driver is 80.
A bit more than previous trip coz we travel all the way south to pulau galang temple. Normally will be 50 to 60 for 2D1N. Give lower coz he also join us in food, drinks n chiong...
practically full time driver. From 3.30pm reach till 3am after drinking, nextday from 1030 till 6pm back to terminal.
The kelong seafood near the 1st hanging bridge is worth the journey there. 14 pax about 2.45 includes 4 lobster, 3 grouper, 14 big flower crab n misc...
massage go secretspa, eska or sports massage wont go wrong.
windsor seafood a bit overpriced comoare to elsewhere.. but if need convenient sake of 10mins away from nagoya then go ba..
1st night seafood at windsor about 2.6 but the amount cannot compare to the lunch seafood at kelong restoran
Go batam change rate is higher. Sg giving 9.2 but batam giving 9.5

highlader

Reaction score
For those staying goodway or harmoni...
Dun waste $$ on taxi. Take bus only 3k ruppiah = 30cents. 3 to 5 min journey. Remember to be on the correct direction.

For smokers, if coming by skupang terminal, go buy ciggies only from the Le cake shop directly opposite Pacific ferry counter on lvl 2. All other shops selling 2.8 n above. The cake shop sell 1.8

Fake goods plenty at Nagoya hill.
Sunglass about sgd 8 to 15
Watches like tissot, fossil, swiss abt 15.
rolex cartier will be much higher. But easily can see its fake.

Clothings more than sgd 15 dun bother to buy considered very ex..might as well buy in Sin. Looking for sports wear go Batam mall... like emporium.

food wise follow what the locals eat n u can hardly b wrong.

Oh..btw..nagoya hill anw rootbeer float abt 1.60 sgd wor...

h0neystars

Reaction score
hey Honeystar..

about

"no shop to buy my data simcard."

just a note... and also to let other ppl who is arriving at sekupang know.. you can buy data simcard or SIM card at the convenient store after you arrive. should be departure hall if i am not wrong. Just take the escalator near the information counter to second level and walk about less than 20m.. you see a convenience store there.. the auntie speak mandarin too. i bought a SIM card (out of desperation, from my review a post above) from the convenient store. total spend around 84,000 rupiah including 10,000 top up for call. i was told that the 2GB data worth can last me 1 year!!! :s22::s22:

thanks for the feedback on the SIMcard. The tour guide didn't tell me that it could be bought from the convenience store :( I'm sure to get one in my next trip =)

daydreaming

Reaction score
GO! Massage

“Awesome & highly recommended!”
5 of 5 starsReviewed September 11, 2014
My second visit and everyone truly enjoyed the massage. Good service provided by go! Massage especially the friendly manager who went the extra mile to seek for our feedback and assist us when we had some questions. Thumb up and we would definately recommend all our friends/family here.

Source : tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g297717-d2636661-Reviews-GO_Massage-Batam_Riau_Archipelago_Riau_Islands_Province.html

Last edited:

daydreaming

Reaction score
Barelang Bridge

:)
4 of 5 starsReviewed September 10, 2014
the view along and from the bridge is awesome. very good location for photography. this is the best part of batam form me.

source : tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g297717-d3253492-Reviews-Barelang_Bridge-Batam_Riau_Archipelago_Riau_Islands_Province.html

Last edited:

daydreaming

Reaction score
Tua Pek Kong Temple

“Plan your itinerary for Batam”
2 of 5 starsReviewed September 29, 2014
We were first time visitors to Batam so we relied on a tour guide to take us around. Before coming to this temple, the guide told us how popular this place was, etc., etc. When we arrived, it felt like we got lost somewhere and ended up in a different place.

This is indeed a temple and probably a popular place for the locals who go there for religious purposes. The place is in need of serious upkeep and some cleaning. We've seen a lot of better temples in Thailand, Singapore, Hongkong and Macau. Frankly, this should not be included as a tour stop as there's nothing to see or new to learn.

My advice: If you're going to Batam, plan your itinerary well and get a good tour operator. As for this temple, you'll lose nothing if you skip this one.

Visited July 2014

Source : tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g297717-d7141284-Reviews-Tua_Pek_Kong_Temple-Batam_Riau_Archipelago_Riau_Islands_Province.html

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.