HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Travelling Batam Indonesia

Like Tree80Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-05-2014, 02:36 PM   #16

Most overrated and sexpensive seafood in batam..as a local of batam, im surprised u r suggrsting or recommending this place.
I took that recommending from forum tripadvisor.. many people recommend to 933 restaurant at there..
as a local, I think its was reasonable price and I think its was cheaper than spore
daydreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2014, 08:08 AM   #17

Maha Vihara Duta Maitreya Buddhist Temple

“excellent”
5 of 5 starsReviewed May 9, 2014
nice place, free entry, biggest temple in south east asia. people also nice to anybody, there are some souvenir to buy

Source : tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g3477616-d3732797-Reviews-Maha_Vihara_Duta_Maitreya_Buddhist_Temple-Batam_Center_Batam_Riau_Archipelago_Ri.html
Old 23-05-2014, 10:30 AM   #18
Master Member

Golden Prawn 933
Batam, Riau Islands Province, Indonesia

“the beast. gets his Feast. Not to be missed..!!”
5 of 5 starsReviewed March 6, 2014
Waao. simply amazing, had a crab, a lobster, some fresh water prawns, A fish, oyestrs, &Scallops. was with my Chinese friends, they educated me a lot. amazing Amazing Amazing the seating was good, on the corner overlooking te waters.

Source : tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g297717-d2306009-Reviews-or10-Golden_Prawn_933-Batam_Riau_Archipelago_Riau_Islands_Province.html#REVIEWS]Golden]Golden Prawn 933, Batam - Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor[/url] Prawn 933, Batam - Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor
I thought alot of people recommend "Wey Wey Seafood" at HarbourBay Terminal? They said cheaper than 933 and taste good.
dleodleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2014, 10:31 AM   #19
Master Member

I took that recommending from forum tripadvisor.. many people recommend to 933 restaurant at there..
as a local, I think its was reasonable price and I think its was cheaper than spore
Oh you are a local there.
dleodleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2014, 10:47 AM   #20
Master Member

Rezeki Seafood also good. better than 933
Bak_Chor_Mee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2014, 01:27 PM   #21
Supremacy Member

daydreaming, just a suggestion...

As many members here do not write/read Chinese, I'd suggest you allow them to send any queries to you instead, in English. You can then pass the messages to your father accordingly.

Better too, if you've apps like Whatsapp, LINE, etc. I'm pretty sure you'll get more people approaching your father through you, in English.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2014, 05:53 PM   #22

Harbourbay Wey Wey Seafood is Good
Cheap and Nice
jq75 likes this.
ccssgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2014, 11:31 PM   #23

Hi,

My name is Clarence. Anyone need a guide or driver for weekend base trip, can contact me. I can help you arrange ferry ticket, hotel. (i can get cheap ticket price & accomodation, guarantee price better than agoda.) I don't earn any from ticket & hotel or commision. You can pay me in service based fee as your guide.

I can show you many great place & cheap eating place that won't be available in any tour agency itineray. and no tourist trap such as golden prawn, factory outlet, any place that tour agency used to bring their guest to.

Itinerary of tour, it depends on your preference. If you prefer makan, i can bring you explore all kind of batam's unique makan place that is different from singapore. If you like fishing, I can help arrange fishing trip itinerary. If you like spa & massage, then the itinerary will be focusing on spa. If you like shop for grocery, I can bring you to place that sell cheap grocery & market. Just feel free to discuss what kind of tour that you prefer. we can work on that.

I used my personal car to bring you around. (seat limited to 4). And i'm only available on weekend or public holiday, as I'm always at SG at weekday.. I speak chinese, english, or malay.. I guess the language wont be barrier.

Contact me at 97337247 (including whatsapp, line & wechat)
or +6281364640748 (only weekend)
or pm me.
you are really impolite person, advertise on others thread..
person such like you really doubtful can become a GOOD DRIVER??

Harbourbay Wey Wey Seafood is Good
Cheap and Nice
Yesss, wey wey seafood is famous resto at here

daydreaming, just a suggestion...

As many members here do not write/read Chinese, I'd suggest you allow them to send any queries to you instead, in English. You can then pass the messages to your father accordingly.

Better too, if you've apps like Whatsapp, LINE, etc. I'm pretty sure you'll get more people approaching your father through you, in English.
Yes sir.. thank you for your advise..
Ok, Please add my ID Line : hayanto
whatsapp : 0812 6644 6165
for any queries, so I can pass to my dad.. Thank you so much

Rezeki Seafood also good. better than 933
Yes sir, rezeki seafood at batu besar also a good restaurant

Oh you are a local there.
yes, I'm a local
Old 28-05-2014, 08:20 AM   #24

you are really impolite person, advertise on others thread..
person such like you really doubtful can become a GOOD DRIVER??

sorry for posting at your thread.. i have removed my post.. peace
ck47.me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2014, 08:23 AM   #25

sorry for posting at your thread.. i have removed my post.. peace
thank you
Old 25-06-2014, 08:18 AM   #26

bump
please directly contact my dad for futher information..
Thank you all. Cheers
Old 25-09-2014, 10:54 PM   #27
Master Member

any one used mr. a.piaw (ts father) driver service before?
daydreaming likes this.
shalome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2014, 03:29 PM   #28

Hi
until now, as I knew, only one case closed from this TS advertise
never mind, feel free to ask or any queries
Whatsapp : 0812 6644 6165
Line : hayanto

really appreciated if have used my dad cab service, and give some testi

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windsor foodcourt is one of my favourite seafood locations whenever i visit Batam with my friends. They have many seafood stalls, satay, BBQ seafood, rojak etc and the pricing is much lower compared to the seafood shops in malls.

True that they have a lot of beer girls there selling beer, just ignore them. Their live-show singers performs every Friday, Sat and Sun from 8PM onwards. For a romantic setting, go to HarbourBay Seafood.

Source : tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297717-i9135-k7766867-Windsor_Food_Court-Batam_Riau_Archipelago_Riau_Islands_Province.html
Old 26-09-2014, 05:44 PM   #29
Supremacy Member

will be using his service tomorrow. anything good or bad will be update here. hope it is a good experience.
shalome and daydreaming like this.
Old 29-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #30
Supremacy Member

will be using his service tomorrow. anything good or bad will be update here. hope it is a good experience.
As posted, a review on a.piaw, basically, pronounce as "Ah Biao" for those to know chinese.

Summary of the service and other relevant details

Language: Uncle Biao is chinese himself so you can communicate with him without any language barrier.. if you are chinese. Don't know Bahasa Indonesia?? no worry ! He can help you with translation if you have problem talking to the local too.

Service level :
Service level is pleasant to be honest.
  1. bring us around without complain as we are traveling in his vehicle since the moment we reach Batam. only back to hotel room by 12am~!! He has no complain and very friendly from the moment we met him till we leave batam.
  2. He has 1 spare phone (simple nokia phone la) which he can loan to you for the convenience to contact him if you need to do your own things like spa or shopping.. so he can go drink kopi own his own while you do your stuff. Kinda good so i don't need to spend money on SIM card to call him whenever i am done.
  3. The only Hicup is when we reached Batam we cannot find Uncle Biao because we don't have his number.. and there so many tourists and tour guides around. So i suggest TS or people who contact Uncle for his service please get his mobile number or prearrange a specify meet up place. I only have TS Line contact and when i reach Batam.. there is no internet!!! and the free wifi at the jetty is basically died that day.. so to be on the safe side.. get Uncle Biao number and see if you can borrow a phone to call him when u reach Jetty.

Price : Reasonable.. as we are travelling in a group of 4.. so after dividing out.. i think quite good deal. More detail on the pricing please neg with TS. Uncle Biao don't understand english and don't use LINE or whatsapp.

Conclusion : Not a bad start to kick start your virgin trip to Batam.. Do you own homework and ask him to bring you to those place where u like to visit, eat or sightseeing. You can also ask him for recommendation if you have no idea where to go. He also don't bring you to those touristy place to chop your carrot head too. unless u wanna go la of course..
jq75 and daydreaming like this.

Last edited by slsquare; 29-09-2014 at 02:07 PM..
slsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.