HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Travelling Batam Indonesia

Like Tree80Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2018, 11:19 AM   #616
Junior Moderator

Anyone tried Travelodge Batam ?
Just opened on New Year's Day. Can't expect many reviews. Unless it's exactly the same as it was the Novotel previously. Arguably close to some malls.
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:26 PM   #617
Master Member

Da Vienna Boutique Hotel

Anyone has stayed at Da Vienna Boutique Hotel?

Wife and her gf decided to go there on 15th for just one night, coming back evening on 16th.

If you have recommended places to eat/spa nearby - please share
invisible999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 10:36 PM   #618

warung Serderhana just opposite if they want to try some indonesian food ... Vienna Spa is in De Vienna Boutique Hotel

may i know how much they paid for hotel room? TQ
Anyone has stayed at Da Vienna Boutique Hotel?

Wife and her gf decided to go there on 15th for just one night, coming back evening on 16th.

If you have recommended places to eat/spa nearby - please share

Last edited by rrr2015; 06-02-2018 at 11:28 PM..
rrr2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:53 AM   #619
Master Member

warung Serderhana just opposite if they want to try some indonesian food ... Vienna Spa is in De Vienna Boutique Hotel
Thanks. Vienna spa looks kinda pricey - $35 per 60 min. Any other alternatives?

may i know how much they paid for hotel room? TQ
It was $62 all fees/taxes included for just one night.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:57 PM   #620

only tried Sport Massage Center & Spa ... reasonable price (250K 2hr) good massage ... note their exterior looks run down but interior is nice
http://sportmassagecentre.com/
Thanks. Vienna spa looks kinda pricey - $35 per 60 min. Any other alternatives?
rrr2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 12:44 AM   #621
Master Member

only tried Sport Massage Center & Spa ... reasonable price (250K 2hr) good massage ... note their exterior looks run down but interior is nice
http://sportmassagecentre.com/
Thanks.

People, if you have a recommendation regarding food/spa (for a women) please share. Also what to look for/avoid during CNY 1-day visit there.
Old 12-02-2018, 10:34 AM   #622
AS1
High Supremacy Member

If I remember correctly, around 80% or more of Batam shops will shut down during cny period as they are majority chinese owned. But that was years ago. Maybe now more challenging times, should have more shops open.
AS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 01:09 PM   #623
Master Member

If I remember correctly, around 80% or more of Batam shops will shut down during cny period as they are majority chinese owned. But that was years ago. Maybe now more challenging times, should have more shops open.
I would assume that shops will be open on 15th and spas on 16th...
Old 12-02-2018, 01:44 PM   #624
AS1
High Supremacy Member

I would assume that shops will be open on 15th and spas on 16th...
Should be. otherwise going to be very boring until weekend.
AS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 01:08 AM   #625
Arch-Supremacy Member

of course open, you can go to shopping mall, barelang bridge, massage, seafood hunting.
its better you can on CNY, than Idul fitri, because many shops will open. if idul fitri, many shops will close, and many people go to "mudik" (back to their home town)
One say open, the other say not open.

Anyway, anybody knows sports massage open on CNY or not?
Their email, facebook, all not working.

What's their operating hour?
One page says Mon to Friday, another page says open everyday.
testerjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 04:04 PM   #626

Now i in batam... Tried grab... 3 times booked, 3 times the drivers beg me to cancel. Say got taxi drivers waiting to whack them 😅
yes just came back from Batam, didn't manage to get a successful booking with Grab at all

every time booking was accepted, driver will msg say red zone cannot pick up, and ask you to cancel the booking, it's safer not to use grab or uber when you're there, they are really cheap but pity can't get the job done!

safer and more reliable to go with bluebird taxi, at least they don't face as much constrain
because bluebird is one if the most connected and largest taxi operators in Indo, very very bad if batam taxi drivers harm a bluebird driver.
Going batam this weekend.

Tickets get from qoo10.
$35.80 each.. can cheaper with many other ways.

Heard my colick say Grab all these need to walk further out then take de.. jin cheap
Took grab all the way for 3d2n. Must know where to wait then easy liao.

sounds reli risky to take grab w/o knowing the terrains there...

any advice or tip in getting one safely?
CareBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 02:58 PM   #627

Hi everyone, need some help. have never been to Batam before, planning a trip with my aunt this weekend. Have done some research, would like to stay near the BCC hotel and explore the food stalls and wet market in its vicinity.
1. is this a safe area for just my aunt and i to walk on foot?
2. are there recommendations for trustworthy batam drivers?
3. Is the BCC hotel an acceptable place to stay or there are better choices in the area?

All advise will be greatly appreciated. Thx v m.
buns57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 03:58 PM   #628
Arch-Supremacy Member

The food stalls between bcc and bcs mall is not cheap and not nice. I saw alot of tour guides bringing Sinkies there to tio chop. And it's very messy, hard to order. I suggest spending 3 hrs at bcs mall at most, eat ayam penyet at the mall.

Download my blue bird app take the blue bird metered taxi if possible. The street side taxi work s a cartel and overcharge but you will hv to take them from harbour and shopping malls. You can take bluebird if you walk to those hotel lobby that is at least 1 Street away.
testerjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 04:41 PM   #629

Hi everyone, need some help. have never been to Batam before, planning a trip with my aunt this weekend. Have done some research, would like to stay near the BCC hotel and explore the food stalls and wet market in its vicinity.
1. is this a safe area for just my aunt and i to walk on foot?
2. are there recommendations for trustworthy batam drivers?
3. Is the BCC hotel an acceptable place to stay or there are better choices in the area?

All advise will be greatly appreciated. Thx v m.
1) yes, it's safe as long u wear normally n behave humbly... if things cheap, dun nid say it aloud... nearby got a huge BCS mall, factory outlet, spas, n makan places, all within walking distances... use google map, search ur hotel name, pin it a the centre of the screen...

2) tis thread started off from edmwer advertising his dad's taxi services... can read the 1st few posts, if this thread is still alive, i guess shuld be ok...

3) last stay was there with colleagues, clean n gd location... if u wana go nagoya hill, aka orchard of batam, it's abt 15mins car ride.... be prepared to have small notes with u n confirm the fare before boarding...
Old 18-02-2018, 04:46 PM   #630

The food stalls between bcc and bcs mall is not cheap and not nice. I saw alot of tour guides bringing Sinkies there to tio chop. And it's very messy, hard to order. I suggest spending 3 hrs at bcs mall at most, eat ayam penyet at the mall.

Download my blue bird app take the blue bird metered taxi if possible. The street side taxi work s a cartel and overcharge but you will hv to take them from harbour and shopping malls. You can take bluebird if you walk to those hotel lobby that is at least 1 Street away.
tour guides earn a cut from wat the tourists spend on, which explains y everything is marked up... there're still nice food out there... A2 foodcourt beside BCC has rating 4.2 from over 400+ google reviews...

do abit research be4 going then won't kena lousy experience + tio chop...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.