Travelling Batam Indonesia

OKCATYEON

Banned
Reaction score
hiiii.. I can share my opinionn... self driving its greatt.. but you must know the road.. in batam, there not gps map like spore :s13:
then you must be careful.. taxi local & mini van for pick up passanger like bus (as we called metro trans) driving fast and dangerous, like to stop suddenly if they meet the passanger.. so must be careful..
Driving car in indonesia is different with spore (spore more regular & follow the regulation).
If you have local friend to show you the road, where destination, it will be a great journey :)

Went there and rented a car for 3 days, no issue at all :D Relied on google maps mostly (purchased data sim card at ferry terminal).

Thank you!

daydreaming

Reaction score
Went there and rented a car for 3 days, no issue at all :D Relied on google maps mostly (purchased data sim card at ferry terminal).

Thank you!

wow.. you are brave bro. :D:s13:
self driving with friends is kind of adventuring too :D

Thks all for e reply.. hmm if harbourbay have more stuff , hw come batam centre so crowded n more ferry timing ?

harbour bay have no much stuff.. if you want to shopping, through batam centre terminal, and you can walk through a bridge which connected with mega mall shopping centre. there are a lot stuff at there.. harbour bay is just near the city Nagoya within around 10 minutes.. if from batam centre go to nagoya probably 15-25 minutes depend on traffic jam :D

daydreaming

Reaction score
Hi.. Thank you so much to client for yesterday.
she and her friends are very kind, and give more than deal taxi fee.
she suggest to upload name card at here.
so I upload here..
Thank you so much hardwarezone friends

iowP3id.jpg

Last edited:

rabak_siol

Banned
Reaction score
batam frequenters, do any of u noe anywhere in batam that sells knock off luxury clocks and watches?
i went to one such shop last year on a tour but forgot the place. i remember it was it one shophouse next to the main road.

i noe nagoya also sells but its more expensive there.

any info is appreciated. thanks.

daydreaming

Reaction score
Harmoni One Convention Hotel and Service Apartments

“Repeat visit”
5 of 5 starsReviewed 2 days ago NEW
Since my last visit last year the management had added more seating spaces in the lobby. This time we were given a suite room as all their deluxe rooms were occupied. Nearest mall to said hotel was Batam Megamall a mere 3 minutes taxi ride.
Food at the restaurant was the same as before but it ran out pretty fast but the varieties was much better than at other hotels I had stayed.
Least this hotel provides free complimentary 2 bottles of mineral and canned drinks with a packet of peanuts.
Would return in near future again to same hotel.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Source: Harmoni One Convention Hotel and Service Apartments (Batam, Indonesia) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

daydreaming

Reaction score
Tempat Senang Resort

“Fantastic 10/10”
5 of 5 starsReviewed today NEW via mobile
I was very optimistic when I booked this spa break for myself and a couple of friends,We said cmon lets just role with it. Arrived before 9am Wednesday looking at having 3 treatments, then spending the rest of the day chilling by the pool with a nice cocktail. As we arrived early we asked whether we could have a treatment early? The manager Melina was very accommodating an fitted myself and my two friends in with the extra treatment that we wanted. Oh my the reflexology was Amazing, I had a young local guy place a soothing lemongrass eye mask over my eyes then told to relax. 5 minutes in to the treatment I was gone, I must've been asleep for over 1/2 an hour...for someone that finds it hard to nod off found myself waking up dribbling.
Our room was so lovely, we had one Queen size bed in the main part of the room and another queen size bed that was hidden behind sliding doors.
The staff are brilliant, the service is just fab...my only disappointment was, that I had to leave after 2 amazing and relaxing days and head back to reality.
One thing I wish I had of done was change up more local currency so that I could have tipped more staff.
I actually emailed the hotel and booked another break for 6 weeks time.

Source: Tempat Senang Resort (Batam, Indonesia) - Resort Reviews - TripAdvisor

Reaction score
Hi
Like to know for those who are planning to go to Nagoya town from waterfront ferry terminal (i guess this is the nearest). What is the best and effortable way to get to Nagoya?

TIA

daydreaming

Reaction score
Hi
Like to know for those who are planning to go to Nagoya town from waterfront ferry terminal (i guess this is the nearest). What is the best and effortable way to get to Nagoya?

TIA

Hi.. The nearest terminal to the nagoya is from harbour bay terminal. it takes around 5-10 minutes to nagoya.. If you from waterfront, you probably will takes 30-45minutes to arrive at nagoya.

Cheers

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi

TIA

Take taxi. quite far from waterfront to Nagoya.

Reaction score
Take taxi. quite far from waterfront to Nagoya.

Hi.. The nearest terminal to the nagoya is from harbour bay terminal. it takes around 5-10 minutes to nagoya.. If you from waterfront, you probably will takes 30-45minutes to arrive at nagoya.

Cheers

Hey guys
Thanks for the info. So Harbour bay terminal is the nearest!! Any estimate cost of taxi to Nagoya? Or is taxi the best way to get there? Don't want to get rip-off.

Thanks. Cheers!

ger ger

Reaction score
Last year May I took taxi from harbourbay to nagoya hill shopping mall cost idr50,000 one way.

sptan3

Reaction score
Hi

How much your father charge for full day on saturday.

Planning to go batam with family on 21st March 2015.

daydreaming

Reaction score
Hi

How much your father charge for full day on saturday.

Planning to go batam with family on 21st March 2015.

Hi.. please contact me via line : hayanto
or whatsapp 0812 6644 6165.. thankss

Btw. Thanks a lot to all my friends on hardwarezone.. my dad got many clients from here.. thanks a lot.. hope you all can enjoy holiday in batam and anywhere

Reaction score
Like to check with regular travelers who goes to Batam on whether is it cheaper to get Prescription medication in Batam?

Prices of everything in SGP is getting too expensive!

Anyone?

suangern

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack this thread, does anyone knows how to book Nostalgia Yasin Bungalow at Bintan Island?

daydreaming

Reaction score
Like to check with regular travelers who goes to Batam on whether is it cheaper to get Prescription medication in Batam?

Anyone?

chinese medication prescription?? many traditional medical shop at batam around nagoya.. you can ask people here.. :)

Sorry to hijack this thread, does anyone knows how to book Nostalgia Yasin Bungalow at Bintan Island?

sorry i dont know.. hope others can help you :)

ivanhoe

Reaction score

Anyone?

Of cause is a lot cheaper in Batam .

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.