US Trip - NYC, San Francisco, LA, Yosemite etc

sendtolee

Reaction score
Pls dont mind me hijack this thread.

1) Worth to go Yosemite for a day trip driving from SF? Is lots of climbing needed or the highly recommended spot in Yosemite is able to do it by car drive?

2) Should i do Premium outlet in LV or LA (Citadel Outlets) better?

3) Intending to go US during mid of 2018 , will there be any discount during black fri (24th Nov 2017) on hotel, car rental n etc?

1) There is always helicopter ride if climbing is not preferred.

2) Go both if undecided.

3) Nope.

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score

1) Worth to go Yosemite for a day trip driving from SF?

Round trip driving time from SF to Yosemite is 8 hours, and that's minimum, without getting stuck in traffic. So no, it does not fit into definition of 'day trip'.

Shiny Things

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1) Worth to go Yosemite for a day trip driving from SF? Is lots of climbing needed or the highly recommended spot in Yosemite is able to do it by car drive?

As people have pointed out, there's no way in hell you're going to do Yosemite in a single day from San Francisco. A better bet is to stay near the entrance to Yosemite the night before, then visit the park, and drive back to San Francisco in the evening.

That said, you can see all the good bits by driving.

2) Should i do Premium outlet in LV or LA (Citadel Outlets) better?

People will disagree on this, but I honestly don't think there's much difference. Las Vegas Premium Outlets (North or South, though South is a bit bigger) are enough for you to get your outlet mall on.

3) Intending to go US during mid of 2018 , will there be any discount during black fri (24th Nov 2017) on hotel, car rental n etc?

Nope.

micromousez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for all ur above comment :)

Going to fly SQ to LA n fly back from SF.. $1298pax..
Is the SQ tix price on the low side, average or on high side?

a1v1n_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone have experience of both driving in SF and going public (cycling inclusive :o)? can share? :)

I actually have 2 free days of redemption with National car rental. thinking whether I want to use it.

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score
anyone have experience of both driving in SF and going public (cycling inclusive :o)? can share? :)

I actually have 2 free days of redemption with National car rental. thinking whether I want to use it.

SF is pretty hilly. I biked in NYC, DC, Pittsburgh and Oakland, and from Pittsburgh to DC.

a1v1n_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SF is pretty hilly. I biked in NYC, DC, Pittsburgh and Oakland, and from Pittsburgh to DC.

not exactly intending to cycling all the way. was trying to say going via public transport around SF but will lump cycling "public" as well. :o

i am assuming SF being a "big" city, will likely be difficult to get free/cheap parking?

Shiny Things

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not exactly intending to cycling all the way. was trying to say going via public transport around SF but will lump cycling "public" as well. :o

i am assuming SF being a "big" city, will likely be difficult to get free/cheap parking?

Yeah; street parking in SF is famously disastrous. You're looking at at least $25 a day, if not more, for parking-lot parking in the city. Avoid driving—or even renting a car—until you're actually planning to leave town.

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score

Not everywhere is accessible by the Bart. Can take the Muni too. Else, Uber or Lyft. You can get the pass for the Muni.

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score

Population of SF is 1/5th of Singapore and area is 1/7th of Singapore - it is 10 by 6km. You can forget about 'free parking' as a class in SF, especially in places of interest - if you really want not to pay for parking, expect to park car 5km away and get to your destination by other means. Or you have to pay for parking.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.