Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vietnam

Like Tree746Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2007, 11:54 PM   #16

haha, not read ur post carefully, u want local tour, then try Sinh Cafe:
http://www.sinhcafevn.com/

got free and easy tours also.

if u want to know vietnamese words, just post here.
lestervan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2007, 12:02 AM   #17

hey thanks a lot man. that was really gd information. Really appreciate it.

How to say the following words in vietnamese?

1)Hello
2)Thank you
3)Bye bye
4)Allergic or allergy
5)Crab and Prawn

And erm any more useful words? haha maybe i love u? maybe get to know some chio vietnamese? lol
jqpooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2007, 03:18 PM   #18
Supremacy Member

1) xin chao
2) kum men
3) tam biet
4) dont know
5) qiab & tom

i love u..em you m

go cut your hair in HCM. nice experience hair salon

do not expect Ben thanh market to be like chatukchak. but theres more fake stuffs over in Vietnam. buy some food goodies back. Wooden ornaments are alot.

went over 2 times HCM, 1 time Hanoi already. Vietnam is really goin to be big.

Last edited by skilled; 13-10-2007 at 03:37 PM..
skilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2007, 10:38 PM   #19

hey thanks a lot man. that was really gd information. Really appreciate it.

How to say the following words in vietnamese?

1)Hello
2)Thank you
3)Bye bye
4)Allergic or allergy
5)Crab and Prawn

And erm any more useful words? haha maybe i love u? maybe get to know some chio vietnamese? lol
1,2,3 as skilled said.
4: dzi ung
5: should be: "cua" and "tom"

I love you: if you are boy, its "anh yeu (somehow like "you") em", if you are girls, its "em yeu anh".

some other useful words I think:
- too expensive: "mac wa" - try to bargain when you buy, around 10% the price they give you. Anyway as my singaporean friends said, its very cheap already no need to bargain
- you are so beautiful: "em dep (pronouce it like dept without t) wa"

enjoy! u got time so should try Phan Thiet, Da Lat, or Nha Trang. Btw if you like coffee, try coffee in vietnam, I think its much better than coffee here . Try beer also, much cheaper.
Old 14-10-2007, 11:58 AM   #20
Supremacy Member

forgo bia 555. try hanoi bia.

Nha Trang should costs you ard 50USD to fly there. Try coffee anywhere if you like a richer taste of it. DaNang is flooded, i think. I just came back last week actually. Weather there is very irregular.

Dont let them quote u in USD. and bring USD and change at any goldsmith shops or within the airport itself. Btw, its the new airport. Looks nicer and similar to Shanghai International Airport

bargain 40% off 1st prices. and work slowly up.
Old 15-10-2007, 01:20 AM   #21

woot, seem like you know vietnam quite well! u working there or got gf there?

last week got storm in the middle of vietnam thats why got flood in DaNang lor. But no more already, I going back next week too, hope no rain also to take a trip.
Old 15-10-2007, 08:32 AM   #22

hihi

woot, seem like you know vietnam quite well! u working there or got gf there?

last week got storm in the middle of vietnam thats why got flood in DaNang lor. But no more already, I going back next week too, hope no rain also to take a trip.

hi, plan to bring my wife and 3 year old kid to vietnam. mabe 4 day 3 night. which part of viatnam your recom? perfer not to hectic places. Also any good hotel that is suitable for family one? This trip i perfar more a relax one , hopefully bnot spending too much time shopping.

Check with jet star which will cost my family of 3 SSin$750 for to and reture fare so how much will a mid range hotel cost?

thanks
Old 15-10-2007, 08:39 AM   #23
Supremacy Member

hi, plan to bring my wife and 3 year old kid to vietnam. mabe 4 day 3 night. which part of viatnam your recom? perfer not to hectic places. Also any good hotel that is suitable for family one? This trip i perfar more a relax one , hopefully bnot spending too much time shopping.

Check with jet star which will cost my family of 3 SSin$750 for to and reture fare so how much will a mid range hotel cost?

thanks
U can try visiting HCMC and stay in District 1. Many hotels that are pretty upmarket there like Rex hotel etc. Also many places to visit there. One place to eat there is this alfresco restaurant there call Quan Ngon that is very cheap but looks real classy and food is very good. I will upload some pictures for u if u want when im back home.

Personally i stayed at a cheap budget hotel just 10seconds across the road from Ben Thanh market for easy accessibility to all places there. Shoppings, restaurants are all accessible from there. I also took a ferry to Vung Tau from there and visited the status of the big Jesus overlooknig the sea high on top of the hill (similar to the one in Rio de Janeiro) and stayed there a day at the beach there.

Have fun!
Old 15-10-2007, 11:33 AM   #24

Just got back from HCMC yesterday, n starting to miss the place for the cheap and yummy food and shopping! But the traffic is really bad man... jay walking is a must, very few traffic lights and zebra crossings r useless cos vehicles don't stop for u, for e first time, try to follow the locals, when i get get the hang of it just do it, the bikes usually will slow down when they see u.

some tips from me... take cabs which go by meter, it's much cheaper. look out for white color cab w number 6.27.27.27 is one of them.

Massage go for a nice decent one cost around 120K -150K Dong. anything cheaper than that is suspicous, we got conned twice, tried to give us "masseuse" that don't know nuts abt massaging.

book day tours from Sinhcafe, website alr given here, then ask them where to get massage they recommended me one very good place w 10% discount, only 140K Dong.

Cu Chi tunnel half day tour is really interesting. The Mekong delta day tour is ok, for the experience.

Change money at the jewellary shops around the Ben than market area. as of yesterday 1SGD = 10900 Dong/ 1.49 USD. Bank rates are good too.

Pho (Noodles) is yummy, restaurant Pho99 is a good place to have Pho. Pho24 also not bad.

Vietnam T-shirt 20K-30K Dong
Addidas Tops 70-80K Dong

There's a shop at the Ben Than night market that sells really nice jackets (looks really authentic) it's by the side alley in one of the shop houses.

Enjoy!

Last edited by tunge80; 15-10-2007 at 11:42 AM..
tunge80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2007, 01:19 PM   #25

Just got back from HCMC yesterday, n starting to miss the place for the cheap and yummy food and shopping! But the traffic is really bad man... jay walking is a must, very few traffic lights and zebra crossings r useless cos vehicles don't stop for u, for e first time, try to follow the locals, when i get get the hang of it just do it, the bikes usually will slow down when they see u.

some tips from me... take cabs which go by meter, it's much cheaper. look out for white color cab w number 6.27.27.27 is one of them.

Massage go for a nice decent one cost around 120K -150K Dong. anything cheaper than that is suspicous, we got conned twice, tried to give us "masseuse" that don't know nuts abt massaging.

book day tours from Sinhcafe, website alr given here, then ask them where to get massage they recommended me one very good place w 10% discount, only 140K Dong.

Cu Chi tunnel half day tour is really interesting. The Mekong delta day tour is ok, for the experience.

Change money at the jewellary shops around the Ben than market area. as of yesterday 1SGD = 10900 Dong/ 1.49 USD. Bank rates are good too.

Pho (Noodles) is yummy, restaurant Pho99 is a good place to have Pho. Pho24 also not bad.

Addidas Tops 70-80K Dong

There's a shop at the Ben Than night market that sells really nice jackets (looks really authentic) it's by the side alley in one of the shop houses.

Enjoy!

is 5 day 4 night in HCMC too long, can get to another place? but need to consider that my 3 year old tadding along.
Old 15-10-2007, 07:38 PM   #26
Supremacy Member

is 5 day 4 night in HCMC too long, can get to another place? but need to consider that my 3 year old tadding along.
Hmm i would have thoughts its pretty long, unless u have everything planned out before u even land in HCM.
Old 15-10-2007, 10:34 PM   #27

Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City

if going to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, how many days need? how are the travel between this two city?
Old 15-10-2007, 10:46 PM   #28

Hmm i would have thoughts its pretty long, unless u have everything planned out before u even land in HCM.

im going there for 5 nights...
but still no plans wat to do there....
mebbe arrange 2 days for tours....
but wat abt the rest of the days?
can anyone give suggestions??
absoluthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2007, 11:01 PM   #29

im going there for 5 nights...
but still no plans wat to do there....
mebbe arrange 2 days for tours....
but wat abt the rest of the days?
can anyone give suggestions??
care to tell which air company you taking?

hotel tou book on line? which wed site
Old 16-10-2007, 01:06 AM   #30

Addidas Tops 70-80K Dong

Enjoy!
so shouldnt change money in singapore? change a little of dong? the bulk change in jewelly shops and banks in vietnam?? later attract attaction from strangers.....?
jqpooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.