Vietnam

Techadd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sounds great! cuz the last stop of my trip will be there! gonna save money for it!

anyway, my teacher say if at night no activity, can go around and take a look. anything to look for in HCM city?

the vicinity around ben thanh market is transformed into a pasar malam and food eateries.. you could just go have a look there...or just sit in one of the many alfresco cafes that you can find in the central city and view the motorcycel scenary.. :s13::s13:

alex365

Reaction score
china town (cholon)

anyone knows about the chinatown wholesale market at cholon? are things cheap there? what do they sell huh?

The main market, Binh Tay Market is only about 100m from the Cholon (Chinatown)' Bus Interchange.

They sell textiles, clothings, accessories, shoes, hand bags, food stuff etc etc...Its a 2-storey market and there are plenty of shops there...

Another market, Tran Binh, which is simply next to it is selling more on herbs and fried stuff (bird nest, dried mushrooms etc etc) that you can find it our local chinese medical shops/markets.

also, if you wanna buy coffee powder or 3-in-1 coffee, you can get it cheapest at shops surrounded the markets or bus in-terchange. the best grade coffee powder is around 18,0000 vnd per kg while those at Ben Thanh Market will sell for 30,000 vnd (before bargain)

of cos, i do agreed that it's not worthwhile to travel there via taxi if you intention is to safe a few bucks......but if you aren't buying alot and keen to venture into somewhere out of the city area(district 1) and try out their public buses (actually the buses from bus no 1 are quite comfortable and new...), then china town is one good option to venture beyond city area by yourself....of cos don't go alone unless you are a guy....go with your friends too...

btw, china town is under district 5..the bus no 1 will bring you there within 30 minutes...

alex365

Reaction score
saigon square shopping centre

anyone knows about the chinatown wholesale market at cholon? are things cheap there? what do they sell huh?

btw, do check out the saigon square shopping centre as suggested by Techadd...

Techadd is very familiar with HCM...(gathered from the past posts on this destination)...in fact, you may wanna visit saigon square instead of cholon.......

have fun at HCM!

d3adc3II

Reaction score
to Pierre86: for clothes and backpack u should go Saigon Square , got many popular brands like LV, gucci, lacoste etc... , of course ***** stuff :D , just be careful not to get chop :D

Techadd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huh? You mean you don't think singapore customs will confiscated?

Unless you bring it in in hugh bulks? :s22::s22: , but even so, i have not come across any info that the 'products' got confiscated at the customs..:s13::s13:

freedomx10

Reaction score
to Pierre86: for clothes and backpack u should go Saigon Square , got many popular brands like LV, gucci, lacoste etc... , of course ***** stuff :D , just be careful not to get chop :D

hi, from what i know, north face stuff is being manufactured in vietnam. If i buy from vietnam would it be cheaper? where would i find these stuff in vietnam?

Techadd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, from what i know, north face stuff is being manufactured in vietnam. If i buy from vietnam would it be cheaper? where would i find these stuff in vietnam?

Genuine NorthFace are sold in Shopping Centers and Departmental Stores , whether its cheaper than Singapore or not, i'm not so sure.. Nike shoes are made in Vietnam as well and some of their models are not cheap either..:s22::s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.