Vietnam

mercury95sg

Reaction score
My hai van pass tour is pvt bike de, ride as pillion. He bringing me to marble mountains lady buddha, hai van pass, lang co beach then back, 830 to 6pm. Also, i alrdy booked 3 nights danang, 1 night hoi an and last night danang.

Wondering where else i can explore in danang on 5th day afternoon after hoi an.
Maybe you can go Han Market, to buy some T shirts and souvenirs.

paladin

Master Member
Reaction score
My hai van pass tour is pvt bike de, ride as pillion. He bringing me to marble mountains lady buddha, hai van pass, lang co beach then back, 830 to 6pm. Also, i alrdy booked 3 nights danang, 1 night hoi an and last night danang.

Wondering where else i can explore in danang on 5th day afternoon after hoi an.
3 nights Danang not really a lot, 1 day bana hills already gone. If at Danang, watch the dragon show at 9 pm at dragon bridge on Saturdays. Your Hoi An duration a bit short. can take river boat ride cannot watch hoi an memories show. If go coconut forest boat ride, maybe no time go Terracotta park. Just walking around old town to view unesco sites like Japanese bridge can take half a day. No time to tailor in Hoi an.
some afternoon activity to consider in Danang

• Visit Danang museum
  • Shopping, ladies can visit Lolem And SIXDO
  • go hypermarket buy coffee or souvenirs for family and colleagues, cheaper than airport
  • first day in Danang go Paul Bespoke tailor to tailor shirt or pants, 2nd day fitting, 3rd day collect. Opposite Han market
  • drink local craft beer at Brewhaha
  • Try one of the spa. Cheap and good.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3 nights Danang not really a lot, 1 day bana hills already gone. If at Danang, watch the dragon show at 9 pm at dragon bridge on Saturdays. Your Hoi An duration a bit short. can take river boat ride cannot watch hoi an memories show. If go coconut forest boat ride, maybe no time go Terracotta park. Just walking around old town to view unesco sites like Japanese bridge can take half a day. No time to tailor in Hoi an.
some afternoon activity to consider in Danang

• Visit Danang museum
  • Shopping, ladies can visit Lolem And SIXDO
  • go hypermarket buy coffee or souvenirs for family and colleagues, cheaper than airport
  • first day in Danang go Paul Bespoke tailor to tailor shirt or pants, 2nd day fitting, 3rd day collect. Opposite Han market
  • drink local craft beer at Brewhaha
  • Try one of the spa. Cheap and good.
I was thinking whether to watch the hoi an memories show on day 4 night, but not sure if that would leave me with little time to explore Hoi an. I had planned to check out from danang at 9am and i should reach hoi an around 10am.

Then again, based on the youtube videos i have been watching, not much to explore. Only gonna go to a few noted places, night market, etc. Another thing is that my hoi an hotel is a little far from old town, at the edge. Didnt see carefully when researching. From hotel to night market across An Hoi island would take around 30 mins walk. So, im trying not to go back to hotel for no reason other than to check in and sleep.

btw, from google map from hotel to memories show, it shows a path that cuts thru water. is it a boat ride or a new bridge?

hoi-an.png

Last edited:

paladin

Master Member
Reaction score
I was thinking whether to watch the hoi an memories show on day 4 night, but not sure if that would leave me with little time to explore Hoi an. I had planned to check out from danang at 9am and i should reach hoi an around 10am.

Then again, based on the youtube videos i have been watching, not much to explore. Only gonna go to a few noted places, night market, etc. Another thing is that my hoi an hotel is a little far from old town, at the edge. Didnt see carefully when researching. From hotel to night market across An Hoi island would take around 30 mins walk. So, im trying not to go back to hotel for no reason other than to check in and sleep.

btw, from google map from hotel to memories show, it shows a path that cuts thru water. is it a boat ride or a new bridge?

hoi-an.png
not aware can pass that way, only way is the bridge from the south, from my knowledge when I visited in June.

these are the places to visit in Hoi An

Hoi An memories show and impressions park
boat ride on river at sunset
unesco sites like Japanese bridge and museum of folk culture. Some old houses are hundred years old and Can be visited. Assembly halls of Chao zhou , Cantonese, Fujian.
vinwonders nam Hoi An ( can take up to a day if you have kids with you)
terracotta park ( with models of iconic buildings) and learn pottery making at Thanh Ha village (cheap and good experience)
coconut forest boat ride ( can catch small crabs) and show - coconuts on sale also good to drink
hoi an night market
Hoi An rice fields, cycling through, ride on water buffalo
hoi an beach

cuisine native to Hoi an:
Mi quang
cao lau
banh mi ( madam khanh and banh mi phurong)
chicken rice ( Long com ga)
white rose dumplings
banh beo

Special recommendation
hanok bbq - Korean grill house ( cheap and good)
Samurai kitchen ( try sake brewed in Hue)

so many other restaurants, spas, tailor shops, coffee shops, craft beer shops, art galleries

for those who like tailoring 72 hours fused low wool blend suit, this is the Mecca. Sgd200 can settle

2 days can finish meh?

Last edited:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not aware can pass that way, only way is the bridge from the south, from my knowledge when I visited in June.

these are the places to visit in Hoi An

Hoi An memories show and impressions park - considering for evening but it will cut short my tour in hoi an
boat ride on river at sunset - considering since its in the night market area anyway
unesco sites like Japanese bridge and museum of folk culture. Some old houses are hundred years old and Can be visited. Assembly halls of Chao zhou , Cantonese, Fujian. - may just touch n go, not too interested on these
vinwonders nam Hoi An ( can take up to a day if you have kids with you) - pass
terracotta park ( with models of iconic buildings) and learn pottery making at village (cheap and good experience) - pass
coconut forest boat ride ( can catch small crabs) and show - coconuts on sale also good to drink - going via klook
hoi an night market - going
Hoi An rice fields, cycling through, ride on water buffalo - included under klook tour
hoi an beach - pass as danang alrdy got and im nt a beach person

cuisine native to Hoi an:
Mi quang
cao lau
banh mi ( madam khanh and banh mi phurong)
chicken rice ( Long com ga)
white rose dumplings
banh beo

Special recommendation
hanok bbq - Korean grill house ( cheap and good)
Samurai kitchen ( try sake brewed in Hue)

so many other restaurants, spas, tailor shops, coffee shops, craft beer shops, art galleries

for those who like tailoring 72 hours fused low wool blend suit, this is the Mecca. Sgd200 can settle

2 days can finish meh?
Thanks for the recommendations of places and food. I think i will only be interested in half of the places to visit / alrdy in my to-do list or part of tour. As for food, most are in my list le which i will also be trying per food type. Shall add samurai kitchen for its sake. No need for tailoring since i have 2 suits at home that i hardly wear liao.

Innocuous*

Reaction score
Hello, anybody has experience taking their domestic flight from Phu Quoc to Tan Son Nhat Airport? I am catching a returning SQ flight to SG at 1615hrs in mid-December 2022 and was wondering whether the Viet Jet flight on the same day from Phu Quoc to Tan Son Nhat at 1155hrs is likely to be in time for my return flight to SG. The domestic flight is only 1 hour but I am not sure whether flight delay is common and normally how long would the delay be, if any.

oohmygod

Reaction score
For those who recently visited vietnam, what is the covid protocol for vietnam custom ?

Anything need to prepare before hand?

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nope. but just make sure you are fully vaccinated and you have the documents stand-by in case they wanna see

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Desmond_

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hello, anybody has experience taking their domestic flight from Phu Quoc to Tan Son Nhat Airport? I am catching a returning SQ flight to SG at 1615hrs in mid-December 2022 and was wondering whether the Viet Jet flight on the same day from Phu Quoc to Tan Son Nhat at 1155hrs is likely to be in time for my return flight to SG. The domestic flight is only 1 hour but I am not sure whether flight delay is common and normally how long would the delay be, if any.
Based on VJ324 past flight, always delays from at least 10 minutes to few hours :o

mercury95sg

Reaction score
Hi experts,
Should I stay another day at Hanoi ? What to do in Hanoi? Shop and eat on the 6th? Or I just return home on the 5th day?

My current plan is only Sapa.
1st day Arrival at Hanoi
2nd day Travel to Sapa
3rd day Fansipan, rice field sight seeing
4th day Return to Hanoi
5th day Home sweet home
6th day ??
(Halong bay and Trang An I already went before)

paladin

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi experts,
Should I stay another day at Hanoi ? What to do in Hanoi? Shop and eat on the 6th? Or I just return home on the 5th day?

My current plan is only Sapa.
1st day Arrival at Hanoi
2nd day Travel to Sapa
3rd day Fansipan, rice field sight seeing
4th day Return to Hanoi
5th day Home sweet home
6th day ??
(Halong bay and Trang An I already went before)
If you have not seen water puppet show, Hanoi has one and cheaper than HCM.
shop, eat, spa, beer, night market at Hanoi excellent too.
hanoi has a nice museum of ethnology with different kinds of ethnic village huts around the museum, the only other place you can see this is Vinwonder Hoi an.

hanoi food:
bun Cha grilled meat with noodles
bun Bo nam bo dry beef noodles
banh cuon rice rolled mushrooms
Northern pho
roasted pigeons chim quay
Crab tapioca noodles banh cAnh ghe
beef salad ( nom thit bo kHo)
egg coffee

CookiePoo

Reaction score
May I ask,if I log in to KLook(using Singapore website)made my booking in Da Nang for example to Ba Na Hills,how is the credit card charges like? Klook will bill me under SGD rate? Any additional (overseas) surcharge?
Reason of planning to do so because some admission ticket don't allow cancellation thus easier to do a 24hr booking coz itinerary may change depending on weather conditions.

paladin

Master Member
Reaction score
May I ask,if I log in to KLook(using Singapore website)made my booking in Da Nang for example to Ba Na Hills,how is the credit card charges like? Klook will bill me under SGD rate? Any additional (overseas) surcharge?
Reason of planning to do so because some admission ticket don't allow cancellation thus easier to do a 24hr booking coz itinerary may change depending on weather conditions.
SGD.

Klook also not stupid, you may Not be able to buy admission tickets if sold out and you can only buy admission tickets for selected dates, ie if today’s weather is good, you want to buy today’s tickets, cannot, you can only buy for tomorrow.

CookiePoo

Reaction score
SGD.

Klook also not stupid, you may Not be able to buy admission tickets if sold out and you can only buy admission tickets for selected dates, ie if today’s weather is good, you want to buy today’s tickets, cannot, you can only buy for tomorrow.
Thank you.
Agree,is impossible to buy last min as 'today' admission tickets. As least I can buy the following day ticket depending on the next 24hrs weather forecast to decide my flexible itinerary.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.