Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Otherwise… buy the admission tickets directly there for bana hills

since its a famous place, it should be easy to get help from hotel

boringLife-

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those ladies working in hanoi linh lang area is lupsup or just chit chat only huh? Hais I met 1 sweet girl there and chatting with her on instagram daily. Not sure is it a bait to cheat my $ in the future :(

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those ladies working in hanoi linh lang area is lupsup or just chit chat only huh? Hais I met 1 sweet girl there and chatting with her on instagram daily. Not sure is it a bait to cheat my $ in the future :(
Ermmmmmm… here is travelling tips and info to Vietnam and within vietnam
Not how to xian vietnamese girls or detect possible scams

paladin

Master Member
Reaction score
For you, if you are not interested in her body, why are you chatting with her?

For her, I can think of many reasons to chat with you, including practising her English for free.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If the vietjet website for my flight date is now not available for booking, does it mean its full or cancelled? Have not received any emails from them yet. Booking page still shows valid, if the info is valid.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yours is domestic or intl?
International. From SIN to DAD. Saw many feedback in FB vietnam travels on cancelled/rescheduled flights although most were from India to DAD. Wonder if SG will kena. So far, i see past daily flights were not affected though.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
International. From SIN to DAD. Saw many feedback in FB vietnam travels on cancelled/rescheduled flights although most were from India to DAD. Wonder if SG will kena. So far, i see past daily flights were not affected though.
Ahhhhh… as far as i know, International flights for vietjet are very unlikely to be cancelled or rescheduled.
One way you can try is talk to them through their FB page to get double confirmation

paladin

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

for info on tailoring. In tailoring terms, when we buy and bring fabrics to tailor, it’s called cut, make, trim ( CMT). These are CMT workmanship prices in hanoi and HCMC vis Singapore.

Half canvassed suit construction:
hanoi/ HCMC: 4.5 million VND or SGD 250
Singapore: $500 ( cheapest by a similar boutique shop)

Full canvassed suit construction:
hanoi/ HCMC: 6.5 million VND or SGD 361
Singapore: $700

milanese buttonhole$ or handmade buttonhole
hanoi/ HCMC: 500k to 700 k or sgd 30-39, free for full canvassed workmanship
singapore: $50

so you can see, labour cost half of that in Singapore, yet the quality of workmanship is higher. And the Singapore price yet to add other handmade items like milanese buttonholes, working cuff buttons, half lining cost more, etc.

tailoring in Vietnam easily save you at least SGD300 per suit if you bring your own fabrics. This is another reason to extend your trip to 7-9 days instead of 4-5 days.

if you spend $250 to buy a 3m branded fabric made in UK, plus workmanship, you spend on a half canvassed suit
hanoi/HCMC: $500 including working cuff buttons and half lined
singapore $800 including working cuff buttons, or $900 if half lined
singapore buy fabric and tailor at same tailor: $1399 and above for European fabrics
you save $300 to $900 Per suit.

this amount of savings can cover your flight already.

Last edited:

boringLife-

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

for info on tailoring. In tailoring terms, when we buy and bring fabrics to tailor, it’s called cut, make, trim ( CMT). These are CMT workmanship prices in hanoi and HCMC vis Singapore.

How do you spend 9 days in Hanoi? I find it very boring. The only thing I like is the friendly vietnamese, relaxing holiday lifestyle, and food.

I have already visited Ninh Binh, Halong Bay, Meo Vac, Lang Son, and Ha Giang. Properly left Sapa havent mark yet

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not aware can pass that way, only way is the bridge from the south, from my knowledge when I visited in June.

these are the places to visit in Hoi An

Hoi An memories show and impressions park
boat ride on river at sunset
unesco sites like Japanese bridge and museum of folk culture. Some old houses are hundred years old and Can be visited. Assembly halls of Chao zhou , Cantonese, Fujian.
vinwonders nam Hoi An ( can take up to a day if you have kids with you)
terracotta park ( with models of iconic buildings) and learn pottery making at village (cheap and good experience)
coconut forest boat ride ( can catch small crabs) and show - coconuts on sale also good to drink
hoi an night market
Hoi An rice fields, cycling through, ride on water buffalo
hoi an beach

cuisine native to Hoi an:
Mi quang
cao lau
banh mi ( madam khanh and banh mi phurong)
chicken rice ( Long com ga)
white rose dumplings
banh beo

Special recommendation
hanok bbq - Korean grill house ( cheap and good)
Samurai kitchen ( try sake brewed in Hue)

so many other restaurants, spas, tailor shops, coffee shops, craft beer shops, art galleries

for those who like tailoring 72 hours fused low wool blend suit, this is the Mecca. Sgd200 can settle

2 days can finish meh?
Love going to Hoi An. It is so beautiful and rustic.

But it gets too touristy and the crowd may be too big.

paladin

Master Member
Reaction score
How do you spend 9 days in Hanoi? I find it very boring. The only thing I like is the friendly vietnamese, relaxing holiday lifestyle, and food.

I have already visited Ninh Binh, Halong Bay, Meo Vac, Lang Son, and Ha Giang. Properly left Sapa havent mark yet
Refer to post #14,232

sapa alone takes up 3-4 days due to time on the road.

if you are done with ninh binh and Halong Bay, recommend you one more place, onzen in Vietnam, best time is now.
YOKO ONSEN QUANG HANH
+84 1900 2633
https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZhYyq3Gt6XoaNhUn6?g_st=ic
remember to stay in Hanoi on 2nd/ 3rd day for fitting and maybe 6th day too, if you are serious about a good fit.

tinsel77

Reaction score
Is preferable to use credit card for payment for food and shopping or use VND? Any credit card overseas transaction fees? Thanks

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is preferable to use credit card for payment for food and shopping or use VND? Any credit card overseas transaction fees? Thanks
I still use cash at Many places including restaurants and shopping.
i only use card for hotels, bars and some fine dining restaurants or more posh restaurants.

and yes have card fees.
If you wish to use card… can consider use youtrip

Desmond_

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
local use their local card (CC/ATM) for payment, for foreigner usually cash :o

beemochan

Reaction score
Not sure if this list still holds true, https://www.parisiangentleman.com/b...t-and-affordable-tailoring-in-south-east-asia but I looked up styleforum on vietnam,

Went to Hanoi previously and bought some RTW and bespoke but more likely MTM shirts/pants, not too fussy as they fit very well and were able to do it within a week (HTailor).
PhamBros could not match my timing but was significantly cheaper, bought RTW pants there but don't like it as much after wearing for awhile
Long tailor is recommended by styeforum in Hanoi but sadly I didn't get a reply and read he is usually busy and does subcontracting for bigger places.

Didn't spend much time in city and travelled between cities using express tour bus companies like Hai Au that go basically everywhere, just look up the info online cause there are slower buses as well.
Hoan Kiem lake on the weekend is great, lots of random stuff like public group singing, filming, street games going on.

SIM card used Viettel since the military supposedly has the best coverage, used in Sapa no issue, you get data only, calls will need additional top up. eSIM I read got quite a few hoops to go through so I didn't bother.

Railway street still closed, read that tourist caused the train to emergency stop a year ago or something.

Sapa -
In town, tried the Red Dao herbal bath, Le Gecko cafe has nice pastries and coffee can people watch on the upper floors. Stay near the lake if you want convenience to the bigger restaurants. There is 1 gym there but it's surprisingly good, machines, racks, oly plates in good condition, just remember to bring own water.

Went with trekking tour for my homestay, took 6hrs (with breaks) to trek from the city to the accommodation (proper toilet, private rooms available, cute dogs and cats). The treks have 30 degree hills up and down, strongly suggest you pick up a fallen bamboo stick or ask guide chop one for you haha. The drops at some
places will surely break bones if it doesn't kill you but get to see nice views. Apparently alot of city people hustling as fake Hmong homestays. Wouldn't buy the stuff from the old lady/children touts but I think the indigo dyed scarves might be decent as it's a local wild grown plant in that area, can ask your guide what stuff is garbage and what isn't lol.

Fansipan didn't climb as the forecast was bad weather and took the cable car up, spoke to staff there that a permit is required. 3 routes supposedly easiest takes 6hrs and others should be done over 2 or more days.

Cash -
Could only change at airport or jewelry store that take multiple currencies (best rate given).
Bank had a better rate but need to fill form and record your ID, this only possible at major city smaller cities will reject by law as told to me by bank staff.
Rates were barely better in SG vs airport but significantly better at jewelry store.

Shoes -
Fugashin has a couple of outlets and the one near Hoan Kiem lake has a very personable english speaking staff. HCM is the production site and where I'll go to next since I found no sizing available (47)
Saw that they have tailoring there too.

Plan to visit HCM and maybe Hoi An next.
I've read mostly horror stories for quick work tailoring and shoes at Hoi An TBH though, would like to hear if anyone has tried making shoes and clothes formal/casual with good results.

Anyone have tried tailoring casual stuff like linen pants or denim jeans? Not looking for rare cloth or selvedge, just tired of looking for stuff that fits. I've read BKK can be quite competitive in price but tailors quite set in their own style.

Can the mods separate into North, Central, South and possibly general info?
Would be nice to browse per area and maybe drop off a google map for others to use.
I compiled a list of some places in Hanoi to eat, shop, visit but mostly generic and just for me to see what food options I had nearby.

AriesBlack

Reaction score
Hi, I'm going to Vietnam mid of December, is it mandatory for tourists to have a travel insurance? If required, is there any cheap travel insurance I can get?

paladin

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm going to Vietnam mid of December, is it mandatory for tourists to have a travel insurance? If required, is there any cheap travel insurance I can get?
Even if not mandatory, would suggest you get, especially if tio COVID and travel disruption and flight postponed.

paladin

Master Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this list still holds true, https://www.parisiangentleman.com/b...t-and-affordable-tailoring-in-south-east-asia but I looked up styleforum on vietnam,

Went to Hanoi previously and bought some RTW and bespoke but more likely MTM shirts/pants, not too fussy as they fit very well and were able to do it within a week (HTailor).
PhamBros could not match my timing but was significantly cheaper, bought RTW pants there but don't like it as much after wearing for awhile
Long tailor is recommended by styeforum in Hanoi but sadly I didn't get a reply and read he is usually busy and does subcontracting for bigger places.

Didn't spend much time in city and travelled between cities using express tour bus companies like Hai Au that go basically everywhere, just look up the info online cause there are slower buses as well.
Hoan Kiem lake on the weekend is great, lots of random stuff like public group singing, filming, street games going on.

SIM card used Viettel since the military supposedly has the best coverage, used in Sapa no issue, you get data only, calls will need additional top up. eSIM I read got quite a few hoops to go through so I didn't bother.

Railway street still closed, read that tourist caused the train to emergency stop a year ago or something.

Sapa -
In town, tried the Red Dao herbal bath, Le Gecko cafe has nice pastries and coffee can people watch on the upper floors. Stay near the lake if you want convenience to the bigger restaurants. There is 1 gym there but it's surprisingly good, machines, racks, oly plates in good condition, just remember to bring own water.

Went with trekking tour for my homestay, took 6hrs (with breaks) to trek from the city to the accommodation (proper toilet, private rooms available, cute dogs and cats). The treks have 30 degree hills up and down, strongly suggest you pick up a fallen bamboo stick or ask guide chop one for you haha. The drops at some
places will surely break bones if it doesn't kill you but get to see nice views. Apparently alot of city people hustling as fake Hmong homestays. Wouldn't buy the stuff from the old lady/children touts but I think the indigo dyed scarves might be decent as it's a local wild grown plant in that area, can ask your guide what stuff is garbage and what isn't lol.

Fansipan didn't climb as the forecast was bad weather and took the cable car up, spoke to staff there that a permit is required. 3 routes supposedly easiest takes 6hrs and others should be done over 2 or more days.

Cash -
Could only change at airport or jewelry store that take multiple currencies (best rate given).
Bank had a better rate but need to fill form and record your ID, this only possible at major city smaller cities will reject by law as told to me by bank staff.
Rates were barely better in SG vs airport but significantly better at jewelry store.

Shoes -
Fugashin has a couple of outlets and the one near Hoan Kiem lake has a very personable english speaking staff. HCM is the production site and where I'll go to next since I found no sizing available (47)
Saw that they have tailoring there too.

Plan to visit HCM and maybe Hoi An next.
I've read mostly horror stories for quick work tailoring and shoes at Hoi An TBH though, would like to hear if anyone has tried making shoes and clothes formal/casual with good results.

Anyone have tried tailoring casual stuff like linen pants or denim jeans? Not looking for rare cloth or selvedge, just tired of looking for stuff that fits. I've read BKK can be quite competitive in price but tailors quite set in their own style.

Can the mods separate into North, Central, South and possibly general info?
Would be nice to browse per area and maybe drop off a google map for others to use.
I compiled a list of some places in Hanoi to eat, shop, visit but mostly generic and just for me to see what food options I had nearby.
I will be visiting Binh Tailor in HCMC in Dec.

Hoi An is known for fast tailoring, likely fused suit, overall cheaper but quality not as good as Hanoi and HCMC. If you want half canvassed suit in Hoi An, best bet will be Vanda Tailors. The prices in Hoi An for workmanship are the lowest I have ever encountered. My 8 year son tailored a suit too using my fabrics for USD55. Been using that for his piano performances.

Otherwise if make shirt and trousers can try Paul bespoke in Danang. Cutter is disciple of Nhut master tailor.

I sell branded fabrics, you can bring to tailor to tailor. Save time if measurer is cutter can straight away cut after measuring, save at least 1-2 days unless you buying fabric available at shop. See my signature.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.