HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Visiting BALI first time, need advice/ recommendations?

Like Tree378Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-01-2009, 12:46 PM   #31

don't miss Jimbaran bay's grilled seafood but ignore the bungalow-style houses which are tourist traps and really really expensive (i think even more expensive than in sg)

I recommend Lia's cafe (Jalan Pemelisan Agung Jimbaran Beach - 081 2390 7411) just further down Jimbaran Bay. The prices are very cheap & food is good. 60k IDR (less than $10) for a kg of fish (red snapper, grouper, etc...). You have other choices of squid, prawns, tiger prawns, clams for around that price a kg as well.
saysuzu likes this.
wlcling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:20 AM   #32

Don't forget to visit Tanah Lot, the sunset scenery is very good

For those who love to dive, can go to Amed and Tulamben in Eastern part of Bali

Anyone has tried "Sate Plecing"? This is one of the best local food, try it at "Warung Sate Plecing Arjuna", Jalan Arjuna Denpasar. The price is considered very cheap for Singaporean

If u want to buy some traditional Balinese souvenir, u can go to "Erlangga 2", at Jalan Nusa Kambangan, Denpasar, one T-Shirt will only costs u Rp. 15000-Rp. 50000($2-$7)
saysuzu likes this.
lazy student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:41 AM   #33

anyone tried not booking accomodation online and go there and find?

wouldn't it be cheaper and you can also see all the accomodation available over there and those not listed online... sometimes online agents (middleman) are not always cheap.
saysuzu likes this.
hwsv07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:40 PM   #34
Supremacy Member

dun forget to jiggy jig.. heheh
saysuzu likes this.
thechariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:57 PM   #35

so far the online website I had compare is between asia room and direct to hotel.

It seem that direct to hotel is more expensive and they post in USD.

You may like to research other site and post feed back here

I choose asia rm is because they have more buget hotel under their belt
saysuzu likes this.
wwwsquallcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #36
Arch-Supremacy Member

wouldn't it be cheaper and you can also see all the accomodation available over there and those not listed online... sometimes online agents (middleman) are not always cheap.
The problem with this approach is that it's a risk, and there's no guarantee whatsoever that:

- You'll get a room at your preferred hotel/accomodation
- Room rate will be cheaper

Besides, it can be quite a waste of time searching around, hopping from one hotel to another to inquire.

:Later,
saysuzu likes this.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:39 AM   #37
Arch-Supremacy Member

Don't forget to visit Tanah Lot, the sunset scenery is very good
Any recommended place to go to that will cover Tanah Lot? I haven't worked up my itinerary yet though Tanah Lot is on the list, I've got no clue yet how arrange my itinerary (what places to visit on which day). Haiz.. busy.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:12 AM   #38

most of the time in other place, online website is cheaper that booking wif the hotel website.. somehow in bali is the different... in bali, most of the hotel is own by individual... ur room enquiry will go directly to the boss... u can try to email them for the best rate they can quote u... sometime they can throw in free massage or transport on top of the standard room rates... normally in the hotel industry, if the agent is big in size, the hotel is willing to give more margin to them and they can sell it cheaper.... not neccessary tat agent price is always higher...
khee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:13 AM   #39

Any recommended place to go to that will cover Tanah Lot? I haven't worked up my itinerary yet though Tanah Lot is on the list, I've got no clue yet how arrange my itinerary (what places to visit on which day). Haiz.. busy.

the last time i go, i cover the volcano in the morning and tanah lot in the evening...
Old 09-02-2009, 08:25 PM   #40
Supremacy Member

rent a car and chauffeur for a day, can easily cover the volcano(kitamani), rice paddies, ubud, tanah lot in a day.
Aegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:30 PM   #41
Supremacy Member

rent a car and chauffeur for a day, can easily cover the volcano(kitamani), rice paddies, ubud, tanah lot in a day.
but like that would be quite rushing.. cannot enjoy the full experience of everything.. my exp, you need at least 2-3 days to clear all.. even three days to me is kinda rushing.. lol..

chak chak chak chak chak~
*om om om om om*
thechariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:11 PM   #42

some how the volcano area is not so tourist friendly... maybe if u take tour group, it is better... self drive there, the hawker will juz swamp to u...
Old 25-02-2009, 03:57 PM   #43
Master Member

Airasia from Singapore to Bali. $50 nett per person for a return air ticket travelling in July 2009.

Accor Hotel having 3 day sale ending on 26 Feb 2009. Booked Novotel Bali Benoa at USD$43 per night which worked out to be about SGD$65 per night

Last edited by lufu; 25-02-2009 at 04:06 PM..
lufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 08:43 PM   #44

I recommend going to Ubud.

Food-wise, KuDeTa is nice but $$ (remember to make reservations).

Bali has one of the highest hotel taxes...ard 21%, so either you have hotel points (use them), or get rate inclusive of taxes.
aberfitch73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 01:40 AM   #45
Arch-Supremacy Member

Airasia from Singapore to Bali. $50 nett per person for a return air ticket travelling in July 2009.
Wow. Didn't know AirAsia now flies direct to Bali.

Good to have another alternative.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.