Visiting BALI first time, need advice/ recommendations?

prayhard83

Master Member
Reaction score
hello every one,

I am ketut from bali, work for tourist driver tray to join this forum look some one who all want vacation to bali use my services.
thanks to Mrs Irene strongly recomend me. for comfirm, email me to: ketut_balidarma@yahoo.com

i have aso engaged this ketut guide for my 7days bali trip recently. honest and reliable and very punctual for appointment.
just sharing this with everyone cos i know the worry and anxiety one can get when u book a tour with a guide but doesn't know if he is reliable or he will back out last minute.
i would say he helped me alot in my impromptu request for additional trips to buying local snacks and even waited for me to have dinner then send me back to villa.
recommended thumbs up!

prayhard83

Master Member
Reaction score
some info:
1. taxi from seminyak (uma sapna villa to be exact) to kuta shopping mall by blue bird cab cost abt 25k depending on traffic on Jalan Legion Road.
2. there is a 'newton hawker center' near hard rock hotel kuta n it's beside a macdonald, facing e beach, there have quite a few seafood stalls that r generally cheaper than sg. crab is 17k/100gm, fish is 15k/100gm.
3. quicksilver, roxy, billabong at shops cost e same as in sg but e factory outlet is cheaper.
4. blue bird taxi go by meter by default without asking.
5. eatery: made warung at seminyak taste better than it's outlet in kuta. former is bigger alot. ibu oka (suckling pig) famous one in ubud n ironically, it's e cheapest meal I had despite being famous. bintang beer cost abt 15-17k at minimarts (24hrs).

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I'm intending to stay in Blue Moon Villas at Amed area during December. Do the drivers offer transport from the airport to the villa because the villa offers airport transfer for 450k from airport to Amed.

krishnazaman

Reaction score
I'm intending to stay in Blue Moon Villas at Amed area during December. Do the drivers offer transport from the airport to the villa because the villa offers airport transfer for 450k from airport to Amed.

check this site :
http://balitourdrivers.webs.com
from the airport to amed approximately it will take 3 hours ride without any stops....it will be so tired after a long flight,long imigration que @the airport....etc [bore,tired]

lets make the transfer to be a fun trip, not just a hotel transfer from the airport....
along the way , you can visit some beautiful place with a nice scenery of course......
like : padang bay, blue lagoon, goa lawah, candi dasa, tirta gangga,.....etc

and the price is lower MUST BE than the hotel price

for more information you can find me @ :

Yahoo Messenger : mister_krishna
W Live Messenger : mister_krishna@msn.com
facebook : krishna zaman
twitter : krishnazaman
google talk : info.balitourdrivers

**quick response**

rgards
krishna
balitourmap.htm

Last edited:

starryeyed

Reaction score
i'm thinking of either taking a beach holiday to bali/bintan/batam/phuket or a cruise (port kelang, phuket) with Royal Caribbean cos they're having a $3 room upgrade thing which sounds like a pretty good deal. (apparently, pay $3 more and they'll bump you up to a junior suite from a balcony room!) Anyone tried both before? What do you guys think?

nashrul91

Reaction score
Legian Village Hotel... hey bro's, i intend to stay at this hotel for 1.5weeks. any reviews for these hotel? my first time travelling to bali and i wish to have a good holiday

pls advise.. thanks

prayhard83

Master Member
Reaction score
Legian Village Hotel... hey bro's, i intend to stay at this hotel for 1.5weeks. any reviews for these hotel? my first time travelling to bali and i wish to have a good holiday

pls advise.. thanks
u chose 1 hotel thr out ur whole trip?
u may want to tink of travelling up to ubud for 2-3 nightsif u want. I wld say I v diff feelig compared to staying at beach area. shops r closed much earlier n it turns dark early leaving only e eateries open after 8. if u like nature (padi fields), arts n culture, u may like ubud. :)

nashrul91

Reaction score
u chose 1 hotel thr out ur whole trip?
u may want to tink of travelling up to ubud for 2-3 nightsif u want. I wld say I v diff feelig compared to staying at beach area. shops r closed much earlier n it turns dark early leaving only e eateries open after 8. if u like nature (padi fields), arts n culture, u may like ubud. :)

but i'm first time travelling there with one of my friends. is it far from the hotel i'm renting to ubud? my intention of going bali is to party all night. hehe...

prayhard83

Master Member
Reaction score
but i'm first time travelling there with one of my friends. is it far from the hotel i'm renting to ubud? my intention of going bali is to party all night. hehe...

if ur intention is to party all night, then i guess its better to stay at the beach area else u guys gona be bored at ubud. haha
from legion to ubud ard 1 1/2 hrs ride depending on traffic as the road up is a 2 one-way lane.

going for any tours?

nashrul91

Reaction score
if ur intention is to party all night, then i guess its better to stay at the beach area else u guys gona be bored at ubud. haha
from legion to ubud ard 1 1/2 hrs ride depending on traffic as the road up is a 2 one-way lane.

going for any tours?
oh i see. i'm not going for any tour. trying to become "dare devil" and explore ourselves..most probably, i'll bringing my gps and rent a bike there...hahaha... u got any recommendation on where to go during the day around kuta? anw, i think i'll be staying at kuta during my stay there.

krishnazaman

Reaction score
oh i see. i'm not going for any tour. trying to become "dare devil" and explore ourselves..most probably, i'll bringing my gps and rent a bike there...hahaha... u got any recommendation on where to go during the day around kuta? anw, i think i'll be staying at kuta during my stay there.

YEAH PARTY @ KUTA!!!:s12:
can i come with...? :s22:

for legian village hotel , it is in central of kuta....dont worry
they have 2 swimming pools....and tourist information.....
it is COZY TOURIST INFORMATION , they will help you for every questions that you have........you can rent scooter matic there @ COZY, around 40.000 RP

every night they have some entertainments like live music, or traditional dances show

so Good luck...and Have FuN in KuTa:s7:

nashrul91

Reaction score
YEAH PARTY @ KUTA!!!:s12:
can i come with...? :s22:

for legian village hotel , it is in central of kuta....dont worry
they have 2 swimming pools....and tourist information.....
it is COZY TOURIST INFORMATION , they will help you for every questions that you have........you can rent scooter matic there @ COZY, around 40.000 RP

every night they have some entertainments like live music, or traditional dances show

so Good luck...and Have FuN in KuTa:s7:

Oh wow... Cool... I hope it not boring staying there ... Haha... Anw, i dont have license... Do they allow me to rent ? If yes, i'll surely rent it for my 1.5 wk stay ...^^

prayhard83

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh wow... Cool... I hope it not boring staying there ... Haha... Anw, i dont have license... Do they allow me to rent ? If yes, i'll surely rent it for my 1.5 wk stay ...^^

not to spoil ur trip but just a word of caution. riding in bali, especially without prior experience in motorbikes, is dangerous as the traffic there issnt like singapore where pple abide to the traffic rules and the roads are single lane for each direction.

i did saw a couple (female riding n guy at the back), the lady lost control and skid, the guy hop out and the lady scratched a mpv's door parking along the road with the owner witnessing it. i was with my guide and he told me that the compensation amt is not little..

paying a little more, either getting a guide or simply travelling in a taxi (blue bird) and doing ur research of places before the trip, will definitely make ur trip more enjoyable.

=)

nashrul91

Reaction score
not to spoil ur trip but just a word of caution. riding in bali, especially without prior experience in motorbikes, is dangerous as the traffic there issnt like singapore where pple abide to the traffic rules and the roads are single lane for each direction.

i did saw a couple (female riding n guy at the back), the lady lost control and skid, the guy hop out and the lady scratched a mpv's door parking along the road with the owner witnessing it. i was with my guide and he told me that the compensation amt is not little..

paying a little more, either getting a guide or simply travelling in a taxi (blue bird) and doing ur research of places before the trip, will definitely make ur trip more enjoyable.

=)
hmm... ya hor... i'll see when we reached there... if bad, then no choice. anw, i wanna book the hotel at directrooms.com. do u think it is safe and reliable? and maybe u can recommend to places that i can go during the day?.. hehe.. thanks alot.

shilkyphang

Reaction score
Bali Driver with unlimited times

Most of the driver guides charge about the same price for a day trip around Bali with slight variations in pricing. I engaged abadi agus (balinejanitour@gmail.com) (+62818359905) for one day with unlimited times.
The rates they charge are reasonable only IDR 350.000/car and i think it's worth it because the service rendered, knowledge, command of English are more than satisfactory. We hit it off quite well (with Agus) and i don't regard him as a guide/driver but as a friend. He gave a lot of insights and advice on Bali. Also high recommended by TA member.

krishnazaman

Reaction score

=)

yes i am agree

krishnazaman

Reaction score

the rental will allow you to rent their bike....but beware with the police.....
every traffic light must be there is a police man...
my advice :
**avoid the traffic light***
but if the police stop you...talkin with bahasa.....and make a good deal...
;)

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.