[GLGT] NEW EPIC DRAMA 琅琊榜 Discussion Thread!

Ottoke

Reaction score
thur should be the last 2 episodes :(

Is it okay if i ask the admins to move this thread 1 week after this drama is done airing? This is to prevent the prune machine in case Channel 8 or somewhere else decides to air this drama so that you guys can have further discussions.

Last edited:

cosycatus

Reaction score
pure fiction la.
It's adapted from an internet novel by 海宴. Originally written from the perspective of Jing Wang , this current version shown on TV is the 3rd version and best accordingly to internet review.

It's quite good lei, although typical good-guy-never-dies type of show. I went to watch 1st episode upon seeing this thread, and proceed to watch 16 episodes in 1 day. Nicely paced, good acting and cinematography. Even the recent episode where they attack the hunting palace quite well done for a drama.

Then i went to watch 为装者, which has the same cast thinking it will be of similar quality, but i can't stand the show after 2 episodes. Patchy, showy plot with unbelievable sequences. The script writing and cinematography lack maturity seen typically in a lot of china drama.

There's an earlier show, about 10 years ago, 清宫风云 that is "somewhat" similar to this. That one is based on historical facts , not bad too, but might be somewhat aged.

tuckloong

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hehe now me also beo beo 多情江山 for the chio bus while waiting for the daily updates....

spiramirabilis

Reaction score
Do not be fooled, guys. At 30+ episodes now and just realised this is basically a gay love story between a sickly ex-soldier and his childhood buddy, the yandao Prince Jing.

I mean, this guy specifically bought a mansion next to his beau and proceeded to build an underground passageway to connect both their dwellings for their secret liaisons. That's dedication!

But you can't really blame him. Slim pickings in Jinling as the womenfolk seemed to have vanished due to some mysterious malaise: the ratio of dudes to dudettes in this show is about 9:1.

Still, permission to proceed. But with caution. :D

spiramirabilis

Reaction score
Further thoughts: At 30+ episodes, the main character (aka sickly genius) is starting to get on my nerves. You know he's going to win against everybody, his lover buddy is going to be the almighty Emperor, and everything he predicts is going to come true. It's too... one-dimensional. You can't relate to that, it's not human!

Also, too many scenes with him sleeping, waking up, coughing (sickly, remember?), falling sick, getting better, falling sick again, people standing around his sickbed, people talking around his sickbed, etc. That kungfu boy (small Yang Guo) with the speech impediment also has to go.

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do not be fooled, guys. At 30+ episodes now and just realised this is basically a gay love story between a sickly ex-soldier and his childhood buddy, the yandao Prince Jing.

I mean, this guy specifically bought a mansion next to his beau and proceeded to build an underground passageway to connect both their dwellings for their secret liaisons. That's dedication!

But you can't really blame him. Slim pickings in Jinling as the womenfolk seemed to have vanished due to some mysterious malaise: the ratio of dudes to dudettes in this show is about 9:1.

Still, permission to proceed. But with caution. :D

well if i am him i would choose qin ban ruo prettiest :s13::s13:

Ottoke

Reaction score
Moderator's Note
This thread will be moved to the TV section 1 week after this drama ends it's airing in China. You may want to bookmark this thread and continue your discussions there. Thank you. :)

Takagi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Further thoughts: At 30+ episodes, the main character (aka sickly genius) is starting to get on my nerves. You know he's going to win against everybody, his lover buddy is going to be the almighty Emperor, and everything he predicts is going to come true. It's too... one-dimensional. You can't relate to that, it's not human!

Also, too many scenes with him sleeping, waking up, coughing (sickly, remember?), falling sick, getting better, falling sick again, people standing around his sickbed, people talking around his sickbed, etc. That kungfu boy (small Yang Guo) with the speech impediment also has to go.
Just a drama adapted from a novel

Why so serious

spiramirabilis

Reaction score
Moderator's Note
This thread will be moved to the TV section 1 week after this drama ends it's airing in China. You may want to bookmark this thread and continue your discussions there. Thank you. :)

Nooo... keep it here! Discussions die very fast in the other sub-sections. :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.