[OFFICIAL] 知星人 My Friends From Afar, Debuts 4 December 2017, Every Mon - Fri 9pm, Channel 8

jerichoo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think best actor is Jiong Yao.

He deserves a big break instead of playing supporting all these years

I support him!

SexyLeeAnn

Reaction score
Biang eh i went back to watch post credits scene because i missed it...on toggle prime...

Like that also can! 2037 technology can preserve beauty? Haha...

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Carrie didnt act well. The character was cold throughout.

Lack leadership vibe despite being a ldr. Lack any warmness also even towards the end. Lack personality of her own. I am sure some actress will incorporate some personality into her own character towards the end.

The character was meant to be cold what. The leadership was meant to be calm and cold. The warmness has to be slowly revealed. If she became warm too fast, it wouldn't fit into the Amikus calm and cold leaders' profile.

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sux on 118 drama, so lame and keep going the same old story..
I bid no more 9pm show for now

i was thinking 118 9pm production should be better

saw the trailers, seems like a re-hash of the same old low budget 730pm shiit and exact same sets....

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think best actor is Jiong Yao.

He deserves a big break instead of playing supporting all these years

I support him!

he and wang yuqing deserve some recognition for their roles in this film

obsceneK2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually u realised all these mediacorp dramas, always is got some govt subliminal message to it one...

Like this movie tells u the importance of family values la, good to get married la, good to have kids la, dun gamble la, dun hurt animals la, good to recycle la etc

their target audience is for those AT new citizen. Should have add in new scene where you're not suppose to pai sai in public too

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
i was thinking 118 9pm production should be better

saw the trailers, seems like a re-hash of the same old low budget 730pm shiit and exact same sets....

118 drama already lost their way for Series 2 with the crap plot.
I am surprised that they still want to milk it for Series 3.
They can prepare to get some puik if they do extensive product endorsement in their plot.

This drama is supposed to create an iconic impression for Carrie.
Like what the teacher drama did for Ai Yo Yo.
Unfortunately, she did not create enough impact to warrant that status.

lingxi

Reaction score
Anyone knows why the title of this drama is called 知星人 and not 外星人?

I guess it's a play on words. 知星人 sounds like 知心人 (close friends), which is similar to the meaning of the English title of the show.

lingxi

Reaction score
agree with this, for a moment I thought Shaun is gonna do some advertisement for some beauty salon or product liao. something that goes along the line of 还好我有XXXX美容院

I thought so too! Advert or product placement for a beauty product.

donut33

Master Member
Reaction score
118 drama already lost their way for Series 2 with the crap plot.
I am surprised that they still want to milk it for Series 3.
They can prepare to get some puik if they do extensive product endorsement in their plot.

This drama is supposed to create an iconic impression for Carrie.
Like what the teacher drama did for Ai Yo Yo.
Unfortunately, she did not create enough impact to warrant that status.

Watching Chan Han Wei in 118 I immediately turn off TV and play games on my phone. Wonder why he kept this hair style for so many years. No budget to get better hair dresser to change image? :s12: Though must admit his acting is good but all too familiar.

Ottoke

Reaction score
知星人 My Friends From Afar encores 26 June 2018, Every Mon - Fri 5.30pm, Channel 8.

AlmightyOnes

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
知星人 My Friends From Afar encores 26 June 2018, Every Mon - Fri 5.30pm, Channel 8.

I never watch it when it was shown, (I feel is either u hate or love, since is about alien) recently they repeat this as quoted in the post and I watched a bit and kinda got hooked. (So I went Toggle to watch the whole series.)
After watching it, I love the WHOLE cast of this drama, the plot and characters in it.

hybridz

Reaction score
I never watch it when it was shown, (I feel is either u hate or love, since is about alien) recently they repeat this as quoted in the post and I watched a bit and kinda got hooked. (So I went Toggle to watch the whole series.)
After watching it, I love the WHOLE cast of this drama, the plot and characters in it.

Yup, same here. Was on leave 2 weeks ago, and happened to watch it at 530pm. Episode 2 i think. Then went to watch on Toggle, but got frustrated by the constant advert interruptions. No patience yet to sit through and watch all the way.

AlmightyOnes

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, same here. Was on leave 2 weeks ago, and happened to watch it at 530pm. Episode 2 i think. Then went to watch on Toggle, but got frustrated by the constant advert interruptions. No patience yet to sit through and watch all the way.

Use adsblock, I kena too. when I was using on hp, then I use my laptop to watch. (With adsblock)
But maybe is just me I find Toggle slow for me, keep buffer here and there or loading. (I have no problem watching movies on youtube etc)

beeppps

Reaction score
知星人 My Friends From Afar encores 28 June 2022, Every Tue - Sat 12am, Channel 8.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.