HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

A Song of Ice and Fire: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Like Tree561Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-06-2011, 11:04 PM   #31
Supremacy Member

if you are talking about nudity and sex scenes, there is actually very little as compared to Spartacus. I can remember there being last than 5 sex scenes in total for the whole of season 1. This is very much a story driven series with top notch acting and scripting.
yup, i just realised the nudity is not OTT and does not overshadow the story...unlike Spartacus
Preacher1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2011, 12:17 AM   #32

after seeing this show i wonder why did legend of the seeker even got to be made? its atrocious!! (not that i watch it though haha)
halcyonstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2011, 01:08 AM   #33
Master Member

Cant wait for season 2!
Helbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2011, 04:30 PM   #34
High Supremacy Member

yup, i just realised the nudity is not OTT and does not overshadow the story...unlike Spartacus
because the producers were careful to not stray too much from the book...

after seeing this show i wonder why did legend of the seeker even got to be made? its atrocious!! (not that i watch it though haha)
you are comparing a HBO production to a ABC studio production? Plus they based it loosely on Terry Goodkind's sword of truth books....

which mostly means they "laped" it
Old 23-06-2011, 09:27 PM   #35
Yxy
Master Member

Daenerys
Yxy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 02:14 AM   #36
Supremacy Member

i wonder when will they release season 2 as shooting just started.

i hope to see big scene battles of human vs monster. will make it more exciting since winter is coming soon from the last epi.
maybe khalesi can ask her dragons to go fight those unknown big monster if there's any.
v0dka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 12:56 PM   #37
Administrator

They are still casting for Season 2... lots of new characters. So far only 1 minor role has been cast.

HBO is already on the lookout for a big CGI studio that can handle Season 2's demands.. so we can look forward to bigger and better battle scenes, and more direwolves!
Old 27-06-2011, 01:34 PM   #38
Supremacy Member

Oh goodie theres a season2. Glad to know there are others like me watching this.

I want to read the books too. Are there ebooks for IPAD for this?
Old 28-06-2011, 05:45 PM   #39
Master Member

Season 2 is expected to be in 2012.. so it'll not be anytime soon, maybe 1 year from now?

Did anyone read the book? I would like to know if 'Book 1: Game of Thrones' is already summarized into this 10 episodes - leaving S2 to start with the next book?

Short but sweet.

Zalora - 15% off, referral code ZBAP1kb
evoked87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #40
Master Member

Season 2 is expected to be in 2012.. so it'll not be anytime soon, maybe 1 year from now?

Did anyone read the book? I would like to know if 'Book 1: Game of Thrones' is already summarized into this 10 episodes - leaving S2 to start with the next book?

Short but sweet.
Semi spoilers for those who haven seen the series on TV or read the book:

Taken from Wikipedia

A Game of Thrones-Chapter 72(conluding chapter for Book 1)

Synopsis:
Daenerys is planning a funeral pyre for Khal Drogo as is the Dothraki way, but her subjects are wary about her intentions. Mirri Maz Duur tells Daenerys she is a child, and whatever she plans will not work. Ser Jorah pleads with her to flee, that she need not do what she intends. Daenerys assures him that she is not planning on sacrificing her life in her husband’s pyre. She tells her gathered people that they are her khalasar and she will be their queen. When she asks the three warriors of her khas to take oath as her bloodriders, they will not commit and tell her she must be brought to join the dosh khaleen. Ser Jorah takes the oath and becomes the first of her Queensguard. Daenerys brings her dragon eggs to be placed at Drogo’s side, despite Jorah’s protests that they could sell the eggs and live wealthy in freedom. Daenerys has Mirri bound to the funeral pyre and lights it. She tells the maegi what Mirri told her, that only death can pay for life. Jhogo spots the blood red comet for the first time, taken by Daenerys as a good omen. The maegi screams as the flames engulf her, and soon after Daenerys walks into the blaze as Jorah and her khas plead with her not to. Dany, for an instant, glimpses Drogo on his horse, and then a cracking sound, like a stone shattering, is heard. As the fire dies, Jorah finds Daenerys alive, unburnt except for her hair, nursing three baby dragons. Ser Jorah and her khas swear their oaths before the mother of dragons. And for the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of dragons......

So yeah...from the looks of it, the writers of the show concluded Season 1 in lieu with the contents of Book 1.
ferocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:47 PM   #41
High Supremacy Member

followed this series too

looking forward to next season
tazzycorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #42
Administrator

Yup you're right. Season 1 covers all events that happened in Book 1 - Game of Thrones.

Season 2 will cover the 2nd book - A Clash of Kings. The 2nd book is significantly longer so let's hope we get more episodes.

Short but sweet.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #43

Quite a few scenes were removed though. Most of the dreams and visions kind of stuff were not there, maybe cause they don't have the CGI budget.

I read the books after episode 9... cannot stand the wait for one week to find out what happens Now half way through second book already. Definitely worth the read!
DotaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:42 PM   #44

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire

if u goto each book links, they will have the plot summary

funny thing is he wrote "Daenerys" story away from the main story ...

and "Winter is coming" will only come at book six....which he is still in writing...
twofoursix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:34 PM   #45
Administrator

Yah sorry I meant that the season covers the span of Book 1. Good that you picked up the books - they're really awesome. Currently into my 2nd re-read, haha

twofoursix - he just finished book 5, it's coming out in 2 weeks. I hope the TV show will make it that far..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.