HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Fitbit Charge 2 - Heart Rate + Fitness Wristband

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2016, 01:19 PM   #61

Should have ordered from Parisilk qoo store. I ordered and collect on the 3rd day. cost $240 after coupon.
Can provide your user experience and review?

Harvey has stock too for both Fitbit Charge 2 and Garmin Vivosmart HR+

Anyway, I just bought a Samsung Fit 2 yesterday as a birthday gift for someone but I am still eyeing at either Fitbit Charge 2 or Garmin Vivosmart HR+ for myself.
260Wolskel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2016, 04:04 PM   #62

not really Charge 2 news per se, but least Fitbit continues to support older devices and update them

if Charge 2 can support Email notification cum a few more clock faces - it will be even more awesome !!!!

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Fitbi...update_id85939
Old 30-09-2016, 08:53 AM   #63

Can provide your user experience and review?

Harvey has stock too for both Fitbit Charge 2 and Garmin Vivosmart HR+

Anyway, I just bought a Samsung Fit 2 yesterday as a birthday gift for someone but I am still eyeing at either Fitbit Charge 2 or Garmin Vivosmart HR+ for myself.
Generally I think the main catch for me is the GPS and also the garmin eco system. Sometimes I go down for a run without my phone (cause I am using a phablet) so the standalone GPS is very useful for me.

Also I cycle so I can broadcast my heartrate from the band to my garmin edge computer as well.

Generally the band is comfortable and the eink display is a plus definitely under the sunlight.

It also has full notification where you can read the entire msg.

Tracker wise the HR is pretty accurate as I compare it with my wife fitbit charge.

Floors climb is abit off for e.g. I climb 10 floors up HDB it usually only register 7 or 8. Not too sure how it calculate the floor climbed.

Fully waterproof means it can be brought swimming, but I dun like to swim, lol. But it means more assurance to me that I can bring it showering etc.
260Wolskel likes this.
tazzi80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2016, 02:20 PM   #64

National Steps Challenge

Generally I think the main catch for me is the GPS and also the garmin eco system. Sometimes I go down for a run without my phone (cause I am using a phablet) so the standalone GPS is very useful for me.

Also I cycle so I can broadcast my heartrate from the band to my garmin edge computer as well.

Generally the band is comfortable and the eink display is a plus definitely under the sunlight.

Tracker wise the HR is pretty accurate as I compare it with my wife fitbit charge.

Floors climb is abit off for e.g. I climb 10 floors up HDB it usually only register 7 or 8. Not too sure how it calculate the floor climbed.

Fully waterproof means it can be brought swimming, but I dun like to swim, lol. But it means more assurance to me that I can bring it showering etc.

Thanks for the review!!

For those who are interested, you may participate in the National Steps Challenge :

http://www.healthhub.sg/programmes/37/nsc

For every 10,000 steps you clock per day, you get 60 points. For every 600 points you accumulated, you get $5 voucher.

From Oct 1 ~ April 30, 2017

Last edited by 260Wolskel; 30-09-2016 at 02:34 PM..
Old 01-10-2016, 11:55 PM   #65
High Supremacy Member

just received my set ytd and played around a litle
i came from using INTEL Basis Peak until it got recalled and intel Killed the brand, Basis has the BEST sleep and AUTO activity detecting AI on the market.

garmin is a lil diff from basis, you can view a summary timeline and from there it will indicate activity that its MoveIQ ai picked up, however its not classified as a workout. Intel basis (which i had gotten SO used to classify all activity as workout)

to have a real workout, u need to manually start it in the garmin, after which advance function gets open up to you. you can pause, split interval, set garmin to alert u when your heartrate drop below your desired anaerobic/aerobic lvl
etc etc, all of which the Intel Basis doest not have

the 2thing i dislike about the garmin compare to the basis is sleep tracking and notification

sleep tracking: basis can even detect when i accident doze off for 15min , the garmin however require you to set a "general" sleeping time and assume it "guess" your sleep basis on inactivity near those timing u specific

current i am using the garmin with my backup android phone, experience will change on iphone as IOS handle notification differently

smartphone notification: its ugly/unconventional to read text in a word-wrap top down manner becos the screen is long and narrow, you have the option to set it to horizontal , then it will feel awkward because its only readable if you stretch out your hand forward.

the notification is also a little buggy, sometime i click dismiss but the notification list didnt get clear

overall i feel the garmin UI, both on band and the mobile app abit too "techinical", not as user frenly/str8 forward as fitbit
i do think hardcore athletic may refer garmin for its advance feature such as heart rate zone alert or even virtual pacer for running, not to mention its waterproof unlike charge 2

Last edited by philipsony; 02-10-2016 at 12:05 AM..
philipsony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:49 AM   #66

Bought Garmin Hr+ over Charge 2 after much considering.
The balancing of notification and GPS usage... so before regret get the Garmin tracker.

This morning try the GPS, dame cool, it create a map of running accurately and distance. There is no need to watch and alerts when distance is reach or time. The screen is bigger also than Charge 2 eventhough screen brightness is better, overall the words still able to view easy. Battery life not sure yet, just charging for first time.
Windowlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:03 PM   #67

considering between Fitbit Alta and Fitbit Charge 2.

I wear a watch everyday so Charge 2 seems like too big a tracker for me and is heart rate necessary?

I'm currently using Jawbone 2 but i have glued my strap umpteen times that it's gonna look like a glue strap instead. Is there any other considerations for my jump over to fitbit? (:
pinkibeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:12 AM   #68
High Supremacy Member

I wear a watch everyday so Charge 2 seems like too big a tracker for me and is heart rate necessary?

I'm currently using Jawbone 2 but i have glued my strap umpteen times that it's gonna look like a glue strap instead. Is there any other considerations for my jump over to fitbit? (:
the most direct comparison to the charge 2 is garmin vivosmart hr+ , its also a band design slightly thinner in width compared to charge 2 but also thicker

24hr heart rate monitoring tabulate your resting heart rate, and resting heart rate is big indicator of cardio health

for me i jump into the fitness tracker bandwagon because i was interested in knowing how much i sleep.

I work shift job and have no fix sleeping hour so i am curious to how much sleep i had in a week's worth

Last edited by philipsony; 06-10-2016 at 07:17 AM..
philipsony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 01:16 PM   #69

u have whatsapp notifications, phone, message
keep fingers cross for email for future update

since u mention about the strap broken, fitbit 2 can change straps , just go over to Amazon, Taobao
Old 06-10-2016, 09:52 PM   #70

Can anyone confirm is Charge 2 or Vivosmart HR+ accurate in terms of distance tracking? My Samsung FIT2 is off by 1km ( 3.85km was recorded as 4.85km ).

Old 06-10-2016, 10:23 PM   #71

Do you need to track your heart rate??

Fitbit Alta is definitely smaller when i compared side by side with my charge 2. like what Rickosw mentioned, you can change both Alta and Charge 2's strap.
Fragum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 10:37 AM   #72

Do you need to track your heart rate??

Fitbit Alta is definitely smaller when i compared side by side with my charge 2. like what Rickosw mentioned, you can change both Alta and Charge 2's strap.
u have whatsapp notifications, phone, message
keep fingers cross for email for future update

since u mention about the strap broken, fitbit 2 can change straps , just go over to Amazon, Taobao
the most direct comparison to the charge 2 is garmin vivosmart hr+ , its also a band design slightly thinner in width compared to charge 2 but also thicker

24hr heart rate monitoring tabulate your resting heart rate, and resting heart rate is big indicator of cardio health

for me i jump into the fitness tracker bandwagon because i was interested in knowing how much i sleep.

I work shift job and have no fix sleeping hour so i am curious to how much sleep i had in a week's worth
Thank you all for your replies! I'm jumping onto the Fitbit bandwagon soon
pinkibeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 01:42 PM   #73

Can anyone confirm is Charge 2 or Vivosmart HR+ accurate in terms of distance tracking? My Samsung FIT2 is off by 1km ( 3.85km was recorded as 4.85km ).
Up! Anyone could comment....?
Old 07-10-2016, 04:29 PM   #74

Up! Anyone could comment....?
lets be honest, if u are looking at 99% accurate, look else where

but if u are practical and take it with a teaspoon of salt for error, (90% accurate 90% of the time) then Fitbit Charge 2 is the fitness band / watch for u

in any case, polar $150 USD , pebble 2 all out - should check them out as well
260Wolskel likes this.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:14 PM   #75

Charge 2 vs alta on my wrist

Fragum is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.