Gear S2

Deavenger

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
was so so keen on this watch after watching it at ifa..however after visiting civic plaza.. I changed my mind ...

will still get it but not now...cause I find it over priced..

btw.. I am those that must die die buy on the first day type..

teckhwee

Master Member
Reaction score
was so so keen on this watch after watching it at ifa..however after visiting civic plaza.. I changed my mind ...

Do elaborate cos I am like you.

jonnieboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

why u changed your mind?

astroboy82

Reaction score
Anyone getting??? Can reply message through watch, Have try the onscreen keyboard small but manage to type.

TrueB1ue

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya the price is not justified. Typing is thru the old dial keypad....sian type a C need to press 3 times and it so small...keep typing wrongly.
Don't think can pick up call and answer directly.
plus point is can connect phone thru wifi n BT if I am correct.

Note the map is not Google map and cannot zoom in.
Basic should be ceramic and classic is steel.

size and thickness is like normal watch which I think they are in the right track which I think I will buy but not now as the price is too expensive.

Last edited:

year2013

Master Member
Reaction score
was so so keen on this watch after watching it at ifa..however after visiting civic plaza.. I changed my mind (other than price)

M out of Singapore hence cudnt go there, what changed ur mind???
I have used:
Moto 360
Asus Zenwatch
LG G Watch Urbane

And still I was looking forward to Tizen based Gear S2, my only concern is keyboard support for Whatsapp, Facebook messenger, etc.

Wyvern8

Reaction score
Not sure if there are others who also feels the same as me. If you pre order S2, you got another $200 voucher but it can only be use to offset Note 5 or S6. My problem is, what if I already have got the phone...? Then what else can I do with the $200 voucher..? Doesn't sounds very right..

astroboy82

Reaction score
Not sure if there are others who also feels the same as me. If you pre order S2, you got another $200 voucher but it can only be use to offset Note 5 or S6. My problem is, what if I already have got the phone...? Then what else can I do with the $200 voucher..? Doesn't sounds very right..

Sell back to samsung at 50% off haha...Just sell the voucher online lol...

Wyvern8

Reaction score
Sure makes me feels like samsung is pushing sales for Note 5 and S6.. Abit too hard sell bah. Else I would have use the voucher to get the wireless charging plate or maybe the Bluetooth speaker or samsung Live.. But now tied to either Note 5 or S6.. :(

Deavenger

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
M out of Singapore hence cudnt go there, what changed ur mind???
I have used:
Moto 360
Asus Zenwatch
LG G Watch Urbane

And still I was looking forward to Tizen based Gear S2, my only concern is keyboard support for Whatsapp, Facebook messenger, etc.
I have no doubt about tizen os but the price is really too high and I just feel it will drop drastically..

Gear s had sim card and it's only 300 plus..the feel of the watch does not justify the price

vagus1978

Reaction score
confirmed with Samsung concept store, no more preorders...

oh well, gonna see when it is released I still have the impulse to buy it then...:D

Youmeius

Reaction score
quite a deal breaker for me.. cannot answer calls on the watch... :(
That's weird though, I actually managed to play the stored music through its speakers at the event. So if there is a speaker, I'm sure there's a way to makes calls too no?

jonnieboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's weird though, I actually managed to play the stored music through its speakers at the event. So if there is a speaker, I'm sure there's a way to makes calls too no?

u can use the watch and select contacts to call. but cannot use it to talk to the one u are calling.

Select the 5th video from the playlist.

Last edited:

Youmeius

Reaction score
u can use the watch and select contacts to call. but cannot use it to talk to the one u are calling.

Select the 5th video from the playlist.
That sucks!! Haha darn it. Well with a speaker and a microphone built in already, let's hope they'll have the right mind to allow it through a software update.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.