HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Gear S3 is announced.

Like Tree263Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2016, 04:35 PM   #46

[QUOTE=renfred89;104556430]LTE version allows you to make and receive phone call, receive internet notification for your social media apps etc.

But I thought the watch once connect through Bluetooth it will be able to receive the call and email. Please correct me if I am wrong. I quite newbie in smart watch.
kchinbeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 04:48 PM   #47
G4
Master Member

[QUOTE=kchinbeng;104558796]
LTE version allows you to make and receive phone call, receive internet notification for your social media apps etc.

But I thought the watch once connect through Bluetooth it will be able to receive the call and email. Please correct me if I am wrong. I quite newbie in smart watch.
the LTE here means standalone device, can make and receive call by it's own. in other words should have its own phone number.
G4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 06:22 PM   #48

where to pre order?
PPkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 12:06 AM   #49

[QUOTE=G4;104559000]

the LTE here means standalone device, can make and receive call by it's own. in other words should have its own phone number.
Oic. So if I dun need the lte function can just buy the normal version am I right to said that?
kchinbeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 11:54 AM   #50

Anyone can explain more on the 'Always On Display' in Gear S3?

I heard it is able to produce 16 million colors compared to 8 colors in S2 but I could not find any videos on this on Youtube.

Also will this feature caused 'burnt-in' in the long run?
ym901s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 01:25 PM   #51
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone can explain more on the 'Always On Display' in Gear S3?

I heard it is able to produce 16 million colors compared to 8 colors in S2 but I could not find any videos on this on Youtube.

Also will this feature caused 'burnt-in' in the long run?
In a closed door event with samsung which i had attended a few weeks back, the AOD is something like the phone's AOD. The difference is that the watch faces will have more details and colours to show comparing to gear s2's basic info on the screen. To me, it doesn't serve any purpose but depletes your battery life for the day. Other than this, some users might prefer to have something always on their screen.

When you raise your wrist like how you normally do, the watch activate the full watch face and thus i don't see a reason why i would use AOD.

Burn-in is a common phenomenon, but what i saw from the prototype was that the details of the AOD will keep changing every few minutes to avoid burn-in. I heard there are strict algorithms in place to safely switch the details around to avoid the same LED from being used..
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 04:17 PM   #52

In a closed door event with samsung which i had attended a few weeks back, the AOD is something like the phone's AOD. The difference is that the watch faces will have more details and colours to show comparing to gear s2's basic info on the screen. To me, it doesn't serve any purpose but depletes your battery life for the day. Other than this, some users might prefer to have something always on their screen.

When you raise your wrist like how you normally do, the watch activate the full watch face and thus i don't see a reason why i would use AOD.

Burn-in is a common phenomenon, but what i saw from the prototype was that the details of the AOD will keep changing every few minutes to avoid burn-in. I heard there are strict algorithms in place to safely switch the details around to avoid the same LED from being used..
Appreciate your detailed explanation!

ym901s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:53 PM   #53
Arch-Supremacy Member

AOD is very important to me because there are situations when u want to see the time but not flick your wrist.

Example:
While in front of PC tying on the keyboard

While holding the handrail on a bus or mrt

While driving and hand is on the steering wheel

daniel_83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 03:03 PM   #54

hmmm wanted the lte version... too bad sg version don't have it yet... now contemplating if I should still get the frontier... considering it doesn't have lte

oldchubbybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 03:15 PM   #55
Arch-Supremacy Member

hmmm wanted the lte version... too bad sg version don't have it yet... now contemplating if I should still get the frontier... considering it doesn't have lte
Why the LTE version may i ask? perhaps you can share your opinion?

In my opinion, i feel that the LTE version comes with a monthly subscription for the mobile line, and that the function of LTE is quite limited comparing to a phone. With that in mind, tethering via bluetooth might be a better/cost effective option..
Old 06-11-2016, 03:27 PM   #56

Why the LTE version may i ask? perhaps you can share your opinion?

In my opinion, i feel that the LTE version comes with a monthly subscription for the mobile line, and that the function of LTE is quite limited comparing to a phone. With that in mind, tethering via bluetooth might be a better/cost effective option..
mainly because when I go jogging, when I go buy stuff from neighborhood shop downstairs... i don't carry my phone if it's really not necessary. plus, I have a 1gb data sim from my telco... it would be useful when in those situations and still be connected.

but if it comes down to it... i could still live without the lte version I guess.

oldchubbybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 08:14 PM   #57
Arch-Supremacy Member

mainly because when I go jogging, when I go buy stuff from neighborhood shop downstairs... i don't carry my phone if it's really not necessary. plus, I have a 1gb data sim from my telco... it would be useful when in those situations and still be connected.

but if it comes down to it... i could still live without the lte version I guess.
the watch works on e-SIM module. no way you can add your own data sim into the watch, and it has no sim slot as well.

thats why i said to buy LTE version, you need to have an active monthly subscription with a telco..
Old 07-11-2016, 08:57 PM   #58
Arch-Supremacy Member

THe pre order detail is out.

I like to confirm if the Gear S3 will work with iphone? Like there no official new on these.

Apple watch 42mm is too small for my hand.........

And. is there any demo display unit in SG liao? thinking to get classic or frontier.......

Last edited by cochran; 07-11-2016 at 09:00 PM..
cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:12 PM   #59

Where? Samsung.com.sg nothing
PPkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:13 PM   #60
Arch-Supremacy Member

no it will not work with iPhone.

if you visit the gear s3 website, it stated will only work with android 4.4 and above only..

THe pre order detail is out.

I like to confirm if the Gear S3 will work with iphone? Like there no official new on these.

Apple watch 42mm is too small for my hand.........

And. is there any demo display unit in SG liao? thinking to get classic or frontier.......
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.