Omate Truesmart Water Resistant Smart Watch

ransoma22

Reaction score
good for you.
wonder if they've sent out all the backer units yet...so they can start manufacturing or sending out my pre ordered set :(

Mine also backer but I had yet to receive my 1/8 EU version :(
In the end, I go buy from another backer..hahahah :s22:

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally received it on Thurs. Using the Unified ROM now, and battery life is fantastic - 14+ hours, with 8 of it on wifi. Have installed setCPU to clock down to 600/600MHz when screen is off, and return to normal speeds when screen is on. Minimal usage with some instagram posting and facebook browsing so far. More to test.

Don't think the unit is water-resistant though, as I think i see gaps between the screen and the steel (?) body of the watch.

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
please don't try to test the water resistance. I read in xda someone dropped in the bathtub only... and its gone.

I hope the later batch of batteries will have better quality. coz a lot of people are complaining of battery lasting not more than 1 hour after using for just less than 2 months.

Last edited:

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Final count: roughly 1 day 12 hours with minimal usage: only have Instagram, Facebook and Twitter installed.

rexsgt

Reaction score
Surprise surprise! DHL came to my place around earlier. Was caught off guard really. I've kind of given up hope on ever getting my TS watch after 8 months :s22:

In it came with one extra cable, cradle, & battery. I had a multi-sim & naturally installed it in (btw I prepared the sim card 8 months ago lol). Fearful of doing it wrongly, i googled for a youtube clip to see how it's done haha

Same here....my name wasnt in the list, & i didnt receive any tracking number as well...kns right?

Hmm so what's next? How long does it take to charge the watch? It comes 70% charged.

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
Final count: roughly 1 day 12 hours with minimal usage: only have Instagram, Facebook and Twitter installed.

be careful guys.
try not to run the battery totally flat when testing the unit's battery life.

there's a case of unit unable to power back on after it went flat.
basically the watch doesn't have a backup battery to keep some charge within.

rexsgt

Reaction score
Btw, i tested my set. Works really good. Text; call; facebook etc. Hmm I'm considering to let it go at SGD290 nett (based on current exhange rate), & I've just gotten myself a Gear Fit too. PM me if keen.

Also, i researched to find out we may need to patch the watch for security reason. Anyone can guide me step by step? Btw, i'm a total tech idiot.....really need assistance.....thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
be careful guys.
try not to run the battery totally flat when testing the unit's battery life.

there's a case of unit unable to power back on after it went flat.
basically the watch doesn't have a backup battery to keep some charge within.

I ran it totally flat today - it was unable to power on until the battery had minimal charge to display the charge screen (it keep turning on and off). Think I better charge the second battery just in case.

ransoma22

Reaction score
Those whom received it, are you running on OUI 2.1 or OUI 2.0? I had 2 watches.
1 * 1GB/8GB just received but yet to open it
another 512MB/4GB are running on OUI 2.0

otaku7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those whom received it, are you running on OUI 2.1 or OUI 2.0? I had 2 watches.
1 * 1GB/8GB just received but yet to open it
another 512MB/4GB are running on OUI 2.0

saw on g+, so far those who recently over the week received with May firmware seems to be all 2.1 version.

ransoma22

Reaction score
I have 2 watches.
I am letting go of my 1GB/8GB watch which I had received a few days ago.
not open yet.
I will be selling away based on the same price I had bought, 235 USD~ (approximately about 294 SGD).

tkdboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

tkdboi

Master Member
Reaction score
the instructions below are for how to get into TWRP after you have installed it on thr Truesmart

If i recall, do the following:

Turn off your Omate Truesmart (make sure it has much more than 50% battery as it will not boot into TWRP recovery otherwise as a safety feature).

Hold both the Power and Home buttons until the screen lights up.

At the bottom of the screen, you should see 2 lines of text:

The first line should state to press the Power (Upper Button) to boot into Recovery.

The 2nd line should state to press the Home (Lower Button) to boot into Factory Mode.

Follow the instructions for the line that states to boot into Recovery, and press the corresponding button.

It should then start loading into the TWRP Recovery.

Let me know if it works for you :)

Subsequently, when you have the Secured Rom flashed, then you can get it Rooted, and use other Apps/shortcuts to reboot straight into TWRP instead of doing it the buttons way :)

Please make sure you also disable the Quick Boot option in Settings -> System -> Accessibility -> Quick Boot, prior to shutting down the TrueSmart and trying to boot into recovery.

ransoma22

Reaction score
JUST SEEN ON G+.

PLEASE CHECK YOUR FW VERSION (IF IT IS THE LATEST 513 AND NOT 328 VERSION, THE SECURE ROM MAY BRICK YOUR WATCH)

guys who just got the watch, to ensure it is secured please read and follow the instructions here and in my post below

I have both 328 version and 513 version.
The latest one can't do anything about it

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.