Recommend smart watch??

xboxSiao

Reaction score
Any stylish yet good and cheap smart watch can recommend??

Best is can pair with android and apply phones.. Else android will do fine.

mostly is to check time, check notifications etc etc.. won't be bringing out for running..

But my budget $80~$100

Thanks guys!!

Last edited:

hongge

Reaction score
Basic Dz09 or u8+ from qoo10 for 19.90. Else up ur budget to get moto 360 1st gen from lazada.

Mr-DYNE

Suspended
Reaction score
For brand new sets, there aren't that much options other than those China-built smartwatches. They are serviceable but won't give a very polished experience to be honest.

If you are okay with importing from other countries, can try the Martian Notifier. Couple with shipping it should be well within your budget. That one you can look it up online. The original Pebble and the LG G Watch (not R not Urbane) should also be within this price bracket as well.

Second-hand sets of Pebble and LG G Watch are also around that price-range.

If you really want local set though, the cheapest is also Pebble and LG G Watch (S$150.00).

Hope this help as I also just bought a smartwatch for $80 (LG G Watch). :)

year2013

Master Member
Reaction score
Look for used Moto 360 to start with or spend 200 to get Asus Zenwatch 2

xboxSiao

Reaction score
thanks for the replies guys...

but in terms of stylish i see pebbles & lg g watch sure lose out to Moto 360 and Martian Notifier.

maybe will look into moto 360? seems like the screen bigger than Martian Notifier only a small bar for the notifications?

Mr-DYNE

Suspended
Reaction score
thanks for the replies guys...

but in terms of stylish i see pebbles & lg g watch sure lose out to Moto 360 and Martian Notifier.

maybe will look into moto 360? seems like the screen bigger than Martian Notifier only a small bar for the notifications?

Moto 360 runs about 150 second-hand, and 199 on lazada if you want 1st hand although no warranty. Alternatively you can wait for Qoo10 for time sale, as just recently there is the metal version for 199.

Martian Notifier is kinda hard to get locally. Recommend looking for Amazon for that. :s8:

To be honest I think the LG G Watch don't look that bad anymore after I wore it. That may just be my opinion though. :s22:

xboxSiao

Reaction score
Moto 360 runs about 150 second-hand, and 199 on lazada if you want 1st hand although no warranty. Alternatively you can wait for Qoo10 for time sale, as just recently there is the metal version for 199.

Martian Notifier is kinda hard to get locally. Recommend looking for Amazon for that. :s8:

To be honest I think the LG G Watch don't look that bad anymore after I wore it. That may just be my opinion though. :s22:

yeah i went through internet all the buying website saw around $150 for used and new one close to $200

but is there anywhere i can get to hands on the watches?? like moto 360. lg G watch and pebbles time??

Mr-DYNE

Suspended
Reaction score
yeah i went through internet all the buying website saw around $150 for used and new one close to $200

but is there anywhere i can get to hands on the watches?? like moto 360. lg G watch and pebbles time??

I am not talking about Pebble Time. The original black and white pebble is the one I am talking about. :s22:

There is no demo set I could find for Moto 360 and LG G Watch. However the ASUS Zenwatch 2 is available for demo almost everywhere, and since they run on the same software the experience should be almost identical.

xboxSiao

Reaction score
I am not talking about Pebble Time. The original black and white pebble is the one I am talking about. :s22:

There is no demo set I could find for Moto 360 and LG G Watch. However the ASUS Zenwatch 2 is available for demo almost everywhere, and since they run on the same software the experience should be almost identical.

Oh? You mean those classic or pebble steel? Without color??

Hmmm but now I'm comparing pebble time and moto 360 since their price almost the same.. For brand new...

Though pebbles smart watches quite good.. But it lack of touch screen..

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Oh? You mean those classic or pebble steel? Without color??

Hmmm but now I'm comparing pebble time and moto 360 since their price almost the same.. For brand new...

Though pebbles smart watches quite good.. But it lack of touch screen..

experience of the android wear is almost the same across all different brands of android wear, with the exception of certain brands like motorola with ambient light sensor etc.. i myself have a zenwatch 2 and it feels similar to a moto 360 2nd gen, so with the price of zenwatch 2, i think its quite affordable than moto 360 2nd gen.

pebble time is in a whole new arena and i think the user experience will be different. it does not lag as much as android wear, but one think bad about this is that you need to constantly clear your notification at the watch. whereas for android wear and gear s2, once u read the notification or when u clear it at the phone, the watch will also automatically clear the notification for you..

xboxSiao

Reaction score
experience of the android wear is almost the same across all different brands of android wear, with the exception of certain brands like motorola with ambient light sensor etc.. i myself have a zenwatch 2 and it feels similar to a moto 360 2nd gen, so with the price of zenwatch 2, i think its quite affordable than moto 360 2nd gen.

pebble time is in a whole new arena and i think the user experience will be different. it does not lag as much as android wear, but one think bad about this is that you need to constantly clear your notification at the watch. whereas for android wear and gear s2, once u read the notification or when u clear it at the phone, the watch will also automatically clear the notification for you..

so you think that zenwatch 2 more better with moto 360 and pebble time??

im still considering this two.. now you give another option.. hahaha :s22:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so you think that zenwatch 2 more better with moto 360 and pebble time??

im still considering this two.. now you give another option.. hahaha :s22:

if i were u i will choose pebble time..

regret buying zenwatch 2..

Mr-DYNE

Suspended
Reaction score
Pebble's battery life is off the charts. However I feel that Android Wear is more polished with the touch screen and all. :s22:

Mr-DYNE

Suspended
Reaction score
By the way, I recently wrote about my experience with the G Watch. You can take a look here. Hope it helps. :D

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why regret zenwatch 2? I thought pebble screen cannot fight with others, although batt life is good

cos zenwatch 2 lags, I believe moto 360 2nd gen will lag too. pebble time may have an e-paper display, but I still feel that the performance is far ahead of what android wear is capable of.

not to mention about the pebble eco-system, definitely not subpar to android wear..

Mr-DYNE

Suspended
Reaction score
I like talking to my watch on Android Wear. It's just more convenient at home.

-Not so much outside of the house though :s13::s13::s13:-

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.