Proposal Ring - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynntoh

Reaction score
Some of you guys might have seen my previous posts... Just wanted to update that after a lot of deliberation and assistance by JP, I finally decided on the Super Ideal 0.71 E VS1. But now I am in a dilemma. I saw the scopes at the shop but to be honest I couldn't really tell what I was seeing la -_-

I was v excited so I confirmed the diamond and settings etc. (now just need to wait for bf to pay :s13:). I didn't request for the scopes to be sent to me...now having second thoughts. Should I get them to send? :s11:
Yup u can definitely request, did they by any chance got your email address? If yes they will send to you few days after your confirmation of diamond.. have u paid deposit? If no then im not sure if they will send u scope before it

Sent from Samsung SM-N920I using GAGT

edmwster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Proposed to my gf with a Solasfera from JP and she loved it.

Now moving on to the wedding bands. Anyone care to share wedding band experience with JP? and the price range as well.

Thanks in advance!

zzzkelvinzzz

Reaction score
how did u get this price?? i take it that side diamonds setting cost around 1k,

meaning the 0.91 super ideal is only 8.3k. thats the same price as my 0.75 super Ideal D vs2

i went with a fren to get it...not at JP though, they quoted me G VS1 0.92 11.2K...thought that was too much to pay even though the service is good...went to another place got a F VS1 0.91 8.5K (before discount)...the side diamond setting cost 1.7K though...but still total comes up to a reasonable price...

Looked at the scopes, and thought they look pretty decent, symmetrical, nice hearts, not alot of light leakage, HCA score below 1...so I just grabbed it...happy with it now waiting for the 3D drawing and thinking of a proposal idea...:)

informal

Reaction score
is it worth to pay 3k more for a hca0.6 (.91) compared to a hca1.9 (.92)? both are D VS1 3Ex

thesal

Reaction score
Proposed to my gf with a Solasfera from JP and she loved it.

Now moving on to the wedding bands. Anyone care to share wedding band experience with JP? and the price range as well.

Thanks in advance!

Got my wedding bands from JP. pricing wise, it's cheaper than chain stores like goldheart.

Simple bands w diamonds cost around $2K/pair while those w/o are around $1.5K.

Note that the bands will take 3 months to produce as all are customised

Last edited:

edmwster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got my wedding bands from JP. pricing wise, it's cheaper than chain stores like goldheart.

Simple bands w diamonds cost around $2K/pair while those w/o are around $1.5K.

Note that the bands will take 3 months to produce as all are customised
thanks! hmm we looking for a simple design, i guess more focused on the practicality side since band will be worn everyday as compared to proposal ring.

was googling around and saw some pretty nice designs. personally like this 2 tone type.
luxury-tailor-made-bicolor-two-tone-titanium-jewelry-wedding-band-font-b-engagement-b-font-promise.jpg

Fiancee like this type but not sure got other variations.. is there one with double band? the band on these usually seem very thin
il_fullxfull.795388440_7z9p.jpg

oh found something.. not sure if JP got do this type? seems quite customised.
NSAlivenbeadballstackingrings2.jpg

Last edited:

thesal

Reaction score
thanks! hmm we looking for a simple design, i guess more focused on the practicality side since band will be worn everyday as compared to proposal ring.

was googling around and saw some pretty nice designs. personally like this 2 tone type.

Fiancee like this type but not sure got other variations.. is there one with double band? the band on these usually seem very thin

Ya, they have bands made of 2 materials, but these rings can never be resized.

They have a lot of variants so better to go down and listen to them.

Didn't see rings made of beads but there's lots of eternity and half eternity rings.

Oh Ya, my pricing is after discount as I got my proposal ring from them

Last edited:

edmwster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya, they have bands made of 2 materials, but these rings can never be resized.

They have a lot of variants so better to go down and listen to them.

Didn't see rings made of beads but there's lots of eternity and half eternity rings.

Oh Ya, my pricing is after discount as I got my proposal ring from them
why cannot resize?

yup got my proposal ring from them too. I checked the last time and they said sure will give discount for wedding band.

ilyanas

Reaction score
I think JP read my messages here haha. They sent me the scope images this morning. But I can't post the url/images directly. Could a kind soul help me? I can PM you the image link (can't even paste the image link here TT_TT)

Last edited:

darkangelic88

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just got scope images of my diamond! Can someone please let me know if this is a good diamond?

Thank you!!

Actual%200.46%20E%20VVS1%20GIA%206195354165.jpg

Aset%200.46%20E%20VVS1%20GIA%206195354165.jpg

Hearts%200.46%20E%20VVS1%20GIA%206195354165.jpg

Ideal%200.46%20E%20VVS1%20GIA%206195354165.jpg

It has a HCA score of 0.8 :)

Last edited:

Lynntoh

Reaction score
I think JP read my messages here haha. They sent me the scope images this morning. But I can't post the url/images directly. Could a kind soul help me? I can PM you the image link (can't even paste the image link here TT_TT)

here you go =)
179b2e55-36b7-4e99-b453-f4ecd45a5fa8_zpsyjwfuicj.jpg

czXOk5t_zpsosytefma.jpg

42723e39-275e-4739-a9de-57349a2aedb7_zpside08xv2.jpg

f2396d75-228e-49d9-9eeb-a0fa58f7ac04_zpskocber8v.jpg

b171dc62-093f-422e-bbff-df062a15390e_zpsk7hyv39b.jpg

1000smiles

Reaction score
is it worth to pay 3k more for a hca0.6 (.91) compared to a hca1.9 (.92)? both are D VS1 3Ex

Cannot compare just based on hca. There are other factors to take consider too like the scopes etc. Those are the true indicator to tell if the diamond is good. The hca is only a calculation guide.

If budget is a concern, you can opt for a lower color and clarity. TBH, the D - E color difference wasn't obvious at all.. VS1 - VS2 confirm cannot tell a difference since they already filter their diamonds to be eye clean. If you get a 0.9 E/F VS2 (Super Ideal) versus a 0.9 D VS1 (Ideal/EXC), the Super Ideal will still shine brighter and look better even though the other one has "better" paper specs.

Ice.Ice

Reaction score
HAHAHAHA not so soon actually, Casey actually told me if wanna upgrade go for 0.7ct Octagon. But 15% more then super ideal? It's holding me back a little bit la hahahaha

You wait first and see luh. true that~ 0.6 super ideal to 0.6 octagon... hahhaa wait awhile more and go for a 0.7ct la! like that more wu hua. :s13:

Lynntoh

Reaction score
You wait first and see luh. true that~ 0.6 super ideal to 0.6 octagon... hahhaa wait awhile more and go for a 0.7ct la! like that more wu hua. :s13:

HAHA cus I want the bling factor. 0.6 quite ok size for me but of course the bigger the better lols

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.