HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Proposal Ring - Part 2

Like Tree552Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #1111

What spec u looking at?? Can help u check out the price as I'm going for my appt this coming sat.
Hi st0ry88, I'm actually looking at JP super ideal round 0.51c H&A, color range from D/E/F vs1/vs2 with simple setting. Is it possible that you help to check this out as well? Many thanks in advance!
^blitz^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #1112

Wah, looking forward to look at your ring design!!

Anyway, in my opinion, customizing ring is much more expensive than standard ring design. Depending on how fanciful the ring design is.

I have to give my highest recommendation to Paul, not forgetting Jann and Casey too.

Went down for my first proper appointment for ring design. I have to say i suck completely at drawing and wasn't able to articulate the design well. We wanted to incorporate a multitude of ideas that meant something to my fiancee but didn't quite know how.

The best bit was that Jann and Casey knew that our idea was going to be pretty tough to translate into and they didn't just try to do it for the sake of doing it, but instead referred it to Paul to handle the design.

What i really liked about him was that he really put thought into what the design should be like and incorporated our ideas wonderfully into it. What's more is the fact that he gave his views on what works and what won't. Not only that, he actually drew out 3 designs and explained the pros and cons of each! We're very lucky to have Paul do the design.

Quite excited to see the 3D design! Also i will be using mini solasferas to accompany the bigger brother.

Once again, kudos to JP! You guys have done it again!
llvisionll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:00 AM   #1113

It is best to go down on your own, to understand and see their diamond personally. Or it will be much faster if you give them a call. They will be able to advise you on the spot based on your budget.

Hi st0ry88, I'm actually looking at JP super ideal round 0.51c H&A, color range from D/E/F vs1/vs2 with simple setting. Is it possible that you help to check this out as well? Many thanks in advance!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #1114
Master Member

Wah, looking forward to look at your ring design!!

Anyway, in my opinion, customizing ring is much more expensive than standard ring design. Depending on how fanciful the ring design is.
Price wise quoted still okay for me, since we're going to use mini solasferas

I'm really looking forward to it myself, Paul is a very creative guy who can articulate his clients' ideas very well indeed.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #1115

I am looking ard this range D/E VVS2/VS1 0.56-0.59, budget ard 5k, a bit more is ok, but cutting still is the real difficult 1, sometime i got hard time looking at it, n i look at it for quite long.
Noted. Will help u to check. U can also email them to
Check out as well if u dun have the time to fix an appt for now.
st0ry88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #1116

Will help u to check as well.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #1117

It is best to go down on your own, to understand and see their diamond personally. Or it will be much faster if you give them a call. They will be able to advise you on the spot based on your budget.
Ya. I agree too but sometime it's so hard to book an appt cos of their operating hrs. Email will be good.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #1118

Help u to email n got a reply from JP.

For a very rough price guide, a Super Ideal Round 0.51ct E VS1 would cost about $4,500 (Including GST)
*Each grade change in Color and Clarity can affect the price of the diamond by about 6-15%.
*Do note that this is only a rough guide as it is subjected to fluctuation in diamond prices.
-We strictly follow the diamond market price (updated every Friday).*
-The USD exchange rate also affects our prices.

An 18kt white gold classic setting would cost about $550 (Including GST)

All of our rings includes after-services, including

1 Free laser engraving

4 Free ring resizing

4 Free replating/repolishing of your ring
Old 02-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #1119

thanks for the reply ok..noted, will not go for those with fluorescence diamond ^^

hmm..i think those shopping centre shop does not provide aset scope?

How about the pricing with that 'spec'? for the time being i have not been to JP yet, maybe wanna save it for the last few ^^
Bro Sasuke.. you don't need the aset scope. Just use your Sharingan! Can see everything liao. For non-ninja people like us, we need to rely on the aset scope

-sorry, i just had to say it
fkm1180 likes this.
jhchoo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #1120

I have to give my highest recommendation to Paul, not forgetting Jann and Casey too.

Went down for my first proper appointment for ring design. I have to say i suck completely at drawing and wasn't able to articulate the design well. We wanted to incorporate a multitude of ideas that meant something to my fiancee but didn't quite know how.

The best bit was that Jann and Casey knew that our idea was going to be pretty tough to translate into and they didn't just try to do it for the sake of doing it, but instead referred it to Paul to handle the design.

What i really liked about him was that he really put thought into what the design should be like and incorporated our ideas wonderfully into it. What's more is the fact that he gave his views on what works and what won't. Not only that, he actually drew out 3 designs and explained the pros and cons of each! We're very lucky to have Paul do the design.

Quite excited to see the 3D design! Also i will be using mini solasferas to accompany the bigger brother.

Once again, kudos to JP! You guys have done it again!
Nice!! Do share your 3D when its out... I'm quite intrigue to see what they came up with for you
jhchoo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #1121

Guys, just received a text from JP side that my ring will be ready in 3 weeks time!
Excited much, can't wait for it to happen
Old 02-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #1122

I am looking ard this range D/E VVS2/VS1 0.56-0.59, budget ard 5k, a bit more is ok, but cutting still is the real difficult 1, sometime i got hard time looking at it, n i look at it for quite long.
Got a reply from JP. Hope this will help u understand more.

We only carry Super Ideal Cuts.*
However, if he want non-Super Ideal cuts, we can source those for him.*
The cut of a diamond would affect the price significantly.
It would greatly depend on how much he's willing to sacrifice on the cut of the diamond (Eg. Very good? Good? Fair?) with fluorescence? culet? Other certificates? etc.
All these factors would affect the price of the diamond tremendously.

One huge misconception is the belief that the bigger the carat = the bigger the size.*
What carat means is the weight of the diamond. If a diamond is not well cut, it would in fact, look smaller compared to a lower carat size Super Ideal Cut diamond.
During our appointments, we have even shown a poorly cut 1ct to be the same size as a 0.50ct better cut diamond!
A bigger carat size diamond would look smaller, if it was cut too deep, crown and pavilion angles too steep, dugged girdles, etc.*

Thus, we emphasize the importance of the Cut of the diamond. A good Cut can improve a diamond's Carat, Color and Clarity.
This is why, most people are only willing to sacrifice on the Carat, Color or Clarity, but never the Cut.
After all, the Cut is what makes a diamond sparkle.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #1123

Bro Sasuke.. you don't need the aset scope. Just use your Sharingan! Can see everything liao. For non-ninja people like us, we need to rely on the aset scope

lol..ok..u done it
UchihaSasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #1124

Lol... I doubt Sharingan can see, If really need to see through all the inclusion. I think need 白眼.

Anyway, normal jewelry store will not provide ASET scope, they normally will provide the H&A scope only. So far, i only encounter JP provide ASET scope and let customer see.
fkm1180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #1125

Actually Vivodiamond also provide you ASET scope and let you see on the spot.

Lol... I doubt Sharingan can see, If really need to see through all the inclusion. I think need 白眼.

Anyway, normal jewelry store will not provide ASET scope, they normally will provide the H&A scope only. So far, i only encounter JP provide ASET scope and let customer see.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.