HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Proposal Ring - Part 2

Like Tree340Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-03-2012, 12:13 AM   #1201

Was looking at the Brellia cut diamond and was quoted on a 0.87 Brellia cushion ... Almost went in to confirm the deal until I realized that the size of the stone is about the same as that of my partner's 0.51 carat stone!!!!!

At 0.87 carat and 5.41mm X 5.41mm ... It's very similar to hers at 5mmX 5mm (0.51 carats)

I read that cushions are smaller in comparison to the RBs but somehow I feel that getting the cushion is now redundant ... Since I m stationed away from Singapore it is hard for me to make any visual comparison ... Anyone here has a Brellia 0.87 handshot or similar feeling?

Now I'm stuck ....

Sigh
cjwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 01:15 AM   #1202

Was looking at the Brellia cut diamond and was quoted on a 0.87 Brellia cushion ... Almost went in to confirm the deal until I realized that the size of the stone is about the same as that of my partner's 0.51 carat stone!!!!!

At 0.87 carat and 5.41mm X 5.41mm ... It's very similar to hers at 5mmX 5mm (0.51 carats)

I read that cushions are smaller in comparison to the RBs but somehow I feel that getting the cushion is now redundant ... Since I m stationed away from Singapore it is hard for me to make any visual comparison ... Anyone here has a Brellia 0.87 handshot or similar feeling?

Now I'm stuck ....

Sigh
Square cuts are always smaller than rounds of the same carat size mah.

Anyway to get a feel of how big a diamond might look, you can visit this site:
ajediamDOTcom/Sizes-of-DiamondsDOThtml

I don't have enough post count to post a link so, replace the DOT with a .
karatokaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #1203

Thank you for to site .... I might just change my mind to get a RB instead ...
cjwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #1204

Yeah, it will look smaller than round shape. the solasfera 0.6+ diamond i saw b4 is ard 5.5 x 5.5 already lor

Now I'm stuck ....

Sigh
llvisionll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #1205

Dear all,

A reminder that all unsolicited sales post/ thread will be removed~

Thanks~

sunsetbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #1206

I bought a Cushion Brellia myself and it does look about say 10% smaller than a round. But remember if you're going for the Brellia, you're going for something special and one of a kind. Not to mention the brightness and sparkle is much more superior than those normal cushion diamonds you see out there.

If you compare the Brellia to JP's super ideal, I find that it looks abit brighter under white light. My wifey adores the Brellia and will not trade it for anything else
[GorgeouS] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2012, 09:06 AM   #1207

Does anyone has any idea how much a Solasfera 0.72c F VVS2 should cost?
larcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #1208

Does anyone has any idea how much a Solasfera 0.72c F VVS2 should cost?
around $9-$10k++
Old 26-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #1209

Wow thanks, you know the stones well!
larcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2012, 11:08 PM   #1210

i recently collected my cushion brellia. now is just waiting for time to propose
alwaysnforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #1211

so excited... Going JP this Friday...
JellyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 02:42 PM   #1212

guys, check out the end part of this video... truly showcases and differentiates JP rounds from the common rounds out in the market .

brilliant...brilliant...

Wah, that's really alot of difference there, I meant the ending part...
(sigh of relief) Luckily I didnt park my money with the other retailers outside.
Old 28-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #1213

rose gold.

Anyone here purchase a rose gold before?
Does your rose gold look very pinkish or just light pinkish?

Will the rose gold faded off over the time?

It will be appreciate if anyone here can post some photo here. I am planning to get a rose gold ring but not sure whether it will faded off or not.

Please advise.
fkm1180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #1214

Anyone here purchase a rose gold before?
Does your rose gold look very pinkish or just light pinkish?

Will the rose gold faded off over the time?

It will be appreciate if anyone here can post some photo here. I am planning to get a rose gold ring but not sure whether it will faded off or not.

Please advise.
hello... if you are asking abt JP's rose gold then here's my words:
JP has (new) samples of rose gold ring with them maybe you can take a look?
i have seen it a few times and i must say it is not very pinkish... and definitely not my shade of rose gold.
Jann explained that it is their standard rose color and it will not fade easily. Whereas, if it is customize to a more pinkish tone it will fade easier - within a short period of time.

while shopping at bvlgari and another private jeweler their rose gold is more pinkish and much nicer.

Last edited by yvette; 28-03-2012 at 10:23 PM..
yvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 11:37 PM   #1215

Hey, you guys should also try out Ling jewellery as well. I personally visited JP and Ling jewellery, and their services and attitudes are really excellent. Most importantly, they are not the pushy type. Nevertheless, I am very much decided to let Ling do my ring. Initially I was deceived by the limited ring designs presented in their website, but after my visit to her shop, I realized there are much wider range of ring designs to choose from.

With the exact same drawings/sketches provided to JP and Ling, Ling’s conceptual design impressed me the most. Not surprising because throughout the 1-2 hours of discussion on the ring customization, I could see that she can really relate well to my idea and improvise them better.

JP got good diamonds, but when come to ring design, maybe it is good to have some artistic inputs from female perspective (perhaps only women knows themselves better than men does... LOL). Just my 2 cents worth. The final 3D conceptual design looks like it will complement JP’s diamond really well. Looking forward for the real thing to be out!
recnamor is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.