Proposal Ring - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Des126

Banned
Reaction score
Yes. The sample has a very good ASET, IDEAL and H&A Image. Such diamonds are very rare. I would be very careful if I see one. For round brilliants, the ASET scope may not be necessary. IDEAL and H&A would be sufficient, as ASET scopes tend to be more useful for fancy shapes. As each diamond is unique, it is always better to see the scopes on the diamond that you would purchase individually.

Thanks so much for your advise. I have already make an appointment with White Dwarf this evening.

As for the sample Aset & H&A image, they told me that this is their in-house Ideal H&A diamonds and is currently available. They are going to show me the laser inscription number to identify the stone and not just a sample image.

[GorgeouS]

Reaction score
Yes. The sample has a very good ASET, IDEAL and H&A Image. Such diamonds are very rare. I would be very careful if I see one. For round brilliants, the ASET scope may not be necessary. IDEAL and H&A would be sufficient, as ASET scopes tend to be more useful for fancy shapes. As each diamond is unique, it is always better to see the scopes on the diamond that you would purchase individually.

I would disagree.. The Aset scope is more important than the Ideal scope. The Aset scope can be used to look at light leakages, painting/digging girdles and bezel light leakages. The Ideal scope can only see light leakages. Flaws on the Ideal scope can be seen on the Aset scope, whereas flaws on the Aset scope cannot be seen on the Ideal Scope. Geddit geddit?? =:p

Des126

Banned
Reaction score
I would disagree.. The Aset scope is more important than the Ideal scope. The Aset scope can be used to look at light leakages, painting/digging girdles and bezel light leakages. The Ideal scope can only see light leakages. Flaws on the Ideal scope can be seen on the Aset scope, whereas flaws on the Aset scope cannot be seen on the Ideal Scope. Geddit geddit?? =:p

I just recalled that Casey from JP told me before if we know how to analyze the Aset Image, we can just ignore the Ideal scope image.

SnowybAby

Reaction score
I just recalled that Casey from JP told me before if we know how to analyze the Aset Image, we can just ignore the Ideal scope image.

Yup, the Aset image is more important. Or rather, that's what I learnt from Jann too.

dicxz80

Reaction score

if possible get SARIN REPORT too

recently I found one diamond score 1.3 HCA using GIA report and score >2.0 using SARIN report

best also if you check each facet score using SARIN detail report

GIA report number is rounded

frankly speaking if you can find diamond < 2.0 HCA score, and the diamond is not under "special" category as H&A james allen, ACA whiteflash, and so on

you found good deal already

Des126

Banned
Reaction score
if possible get SARIN REPORT too

recently I found one diamond score 1.3 HCA using GIA report and score >2.0 using SARIN report

best also if you check each facet score using SARIN detail report

GIA report number is rounded

frankly speaking if you can find diamond < 2.0 HCA score, and the diamond is not under "special" category as H&A james allen, ACA whiteflash, and so on

you found good deal already

I doubt they have SARIN report. Did JP provide SARIN report for their Super Ideal?

I am sorry as i dont really get what you mean " if you can find diamond < 2.0 HCA score, and the diamond is not under "special" category as H&A james allen, ACA whiteflash, and so on, you found good deal already"

dicxz80

Reaction score
I doubt they have SARIN report. Did JP provide SARIN report for their Super Ideal?

I am sorry as i dont really get what you mean " if you can find diamond < 2.0 HCA score, and the diamond is not under "special" category as H&A james allen, ACA whiteflash, and so on, you found good deal already"

those diamond under "special" category are pre-selected diamonds thus carry higher price tag

sometimes there are diamond that have good HCA score but they miss to select it or maybe have one "flaw" (read : one category not under their range value for ideal diamonds)

e.g. table % too small or big, depth % to small or big (outside their ideal range)

though this diamond may still carry good HCA score and have good fire, scintillation and spread (remember based on HCA score only)

if you are buying online still this is good indication to continue your selection process by requesting detail SARIN report (if possible) and IDEAL SCOPE image

if you read the link that I shared for my experience looking for "value for money" diamond

I selected 2 diamonds after browse about hundreds diamond in JamesAllen.com (normal category not those H&A)

the diamond that I finally selected is having too big depth% but when I finally received the diamond, it is having good fire, sparkle for my noob eyes and much better compare to those diamonds sold by Singapore retailer stores

and to my suprise, when I borrow and use destinee loupe from my friend, I can see the "consistent" heart shape and size

0.77 I VS2 EX-EX-EX for less than 4100 SGD all in include GST (exclude ring)

pricescope wire transfer price (I ask my friend in US to wire transfer the payment, bank charged 25 USD)

James allen gives free shipping and insurance btw.

to be fair, James Allen H&A diamonds I still can find some is having HCA score > 2.0

goodoldgold.com seems having more strict selection, but carry higher price

Last edited:

Des126

Banned
Reaction score
those diamond under "special" category are pre-selected diamonds thus carry higher price tag

sometimes there are diamond that have good HCA score but they miss to select it or maybe have one "flaw" (read : one category not under their range value for ideal diamonds)

e.g. table % too small or big, depth % to small or big (outside their ideal range)

though this diamond may still carry good HCA score and have good fire, scintillation and spread (remember based on HCA score only)

if you are buying online still this is good indication to continue your selection process by requesting detail SARIN report (if possible) and IDEAL SCOPE image

if you read the link that I shared for my experience looking for "value for money" diamond

I selected 2 diamonds after browse about hundreds diamond in JamesAllen.com (normal category not those H&A)

the diamond that I finally selected is having too big depth% but when I finally received the diamond, it is having good fire, sparkle for my noob eyes and much better compare to those diamonds sold by Singapore retailer stores

and to my suprise, when I borrow and use destinee loupe from my friend, I can see the "consistent" heart shape and size

0.77 I VS2 EX-EX-EX for less than 4100 SGD all in include GST (exclude ring)

pricescope wire transfer price (I ask my friend in US to wire transfer the payment, bank charged 25 USD)

James allen gives free shipping and insurance btw.

to be fair, James Allen H&A diamonds I still can find some is having HCA score > 2.0

goodoldgold.com seems having more strict selection, but carry higher price

how do you get a SARIN report?

dicxz80

Reaction score
how do you get a SARIN report?

for JamesAllen, you can request to hold and request for SARIN report (average not detail) and IDEALSCOPE image (for round brilliant no ASET) up to 3 diamonds

up to 3-5 working days will be sent to your email

for goodoldgold.com they provide all the neccesary reports, images on their website for those "pre-selected" diamonds

whiteflash, iam not sure, didnt try

if money is not concern, if I have to buy online I will buy from goodoldgold.com, you may get better price compare to JP

babyjyo

Reaction score
for JamesAllen, you can request to hold and request for SARIN report (average not detail) and IDEALSCOPE image (for round brilliant no ASET) up to 3 diamonds

up to 3-5 working days will be sent to your email

for goodoldgold.com they provide all the neccesary reports, images on their website for those "pre-selected" diamonds

whiteflash, iam not sure, didnt try

if money is not concern, if I have to buy online I will buy from goodoldgold.com, you may get better price compare to JP

Please do remember to factor in the 7% GST if buying from online. :)

jhchoo85

Reaction score

i remember JP provides SARIN report upon request.. but they did say it can be edited... so must be careful...

Grizz.P

Reaction score
Did anyone get the solasfera diamonds as side diamonds for their wedding bands? I saw them in the shop and it looks very nice..

dicxz80

Reaction score
i remember JP provides SARIN report upon request.. but they did say it can be edited... so must be careful...

SARIN report for me just for re-confirmation of GIA numbers

make sure you dont get big range of values for each categories

from there get the HCA score as elimination tool, before continue to next step, IDEALSCOPE / ASET

SnowybAby

Reaction score
Did anyone get the solasfera diamonds as side diamonds for their wedding bands? I saw them in the shop and it looks very nice..

I was thinking about that too! But wondering if it is worth it not.. haha.. I only like 2 of their wedding band designs, 1 from Love&Co and 1 from Ling Jewellery. hehe..

hnrch42

Reaction score

Yeap! They are really nice indeed, initially I was thinking of a Solasfera main and Solasfera wedding band combo, but the Cushion Brellia just seems much more intriguing for me :D

Anyway, would a Cushion Brellia main and Solasfera wedding band be a good combo?
Opinions?

I must say I really love the blings in this video

Reaction score
Yeap! They are really nice indeed, initially I was thinking of a Solasfera main and Solasfera wedding band combo, but the Cushion Brellia just seems much more intriguing for me :D

Anyway, would a Cushion Brellia main and Solasfera wedding band be a good combo?
Opinions?

good idea bro...
have you seen the real stuff? i saw it when i went down to settle some more payment for my wife's diamond...

Reaction score
Oh, what do you mean by real stuff?
You mean wedding band using Solasfera and Cushion Brellia?

yeah...
i got to see a few pieces of small normal diamond laid out beside solasfera and cushion brellia.... really quite swee..
never got to see it on actual band yet...my wife considering to use them on the sides for her ring...

Grizz.P

Reaction score

Opinions?

I saw the solasfera side diamonds when I collected my ring.. When they put it next to the normal side diamonds, can really see a big difference..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.