Proposal Ring - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

misstt

Reaction score
if i get an SIC from JP, should i worry about where the inclusions are?
the SA told me no inclusions will be 'of concern'... true? so confirm JP diamonds will not have feather inclusions on the edge kind?

if not, how do i check?

CutiePie84

Reaction score
Here is the gia cert number. 2307645739

The proportions are good except for the star facet. The star facet is 45%. Ideally, you should aim for 50% or above. Smaller star facets will give smaller bling.

Other than that, the rest will depend on the scopes. If scopes is bad, good proportions also no use.

CutiePie84

Reaction score
the SA told me no inclusions will be 'of concern'... true? so confirm JP diamonds will not have feather inclusions on the edge kind?

if not, how do i check?

I'm not sure about no inclusions will be of concern part. But there are some problematic inclusions that you want to avoid that is mainly related to those surface type. JP does take this into account too.

misstt

Reaction score
I'm not sure about no inclusions will be of concern part. But there are some problematic inclusions that you want to avoid that is mainly related to those surface type. JP does take this into account too.

Yea i mean, does JP's quality check guarantee that there are no problematic inclusions for their SIC/ octagon standard diamonds?

normal inclusions are acceptable, im just worried about the problematic ones. Also dont know how and where to check. When i asked the SA, she just say JP SIC quality wont have problematic inclusions... dont know if can take her word for it

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea i mean, does JP's quality check guarantee that there are no problematic inclusions for their SIC/ octagon standard diamonds?

normal inclusions are acceptable, im just worried about the problematic ones. Also dont know how and where to check. When i asked the SA, she just say JP SIC quality wont have problematic inclusions... dont know if can take her word for it

The problematic ones are like feather near girdle, dark crystal, crack etc. Can go read up.

There's bound to be a couple inclusions even in vvs1 la.. unless you want to spend $$$ on flawless.

I'd think JP diamonds shouldn't have problematic inclusions.. just examine carefully and make sure it's eye clean to you.

Mooxie

Reaction score
The proportions are good except for the star facet. The star facet is 45%. Ideally, you should aim for 50% or above. Smaller star facets will give smaller bling.

Other than that, the rest will depend on the scopes. If scopes is bad, good proportions also no use.

Actually the depth is not that ideal. But because this is not marketed as a SIC, on paper, the proportions is okay. Just one thing that is a little alarming, it is a VS2, but only has crystal inclusions. Make sure to check that the crystals are not dark coloured ones.

Otherwise, the price is reasonable for a 0.48ct D VS2 Triple Excellence and without fluorescence.

Mooxie

Reaction score

if not, how do i check?

What are the clarity characteristics and the clarity grade? Usually it will give you hints to whether they are okay or not.

misstt

Reaction score
What are the clarity characteristics and the clarity grade? Usually it will give you hints to whether they are okay or not.

it's a G, VVS2
Characteristics: pinpoint, needle, cloud

my main question is really... can i take JP's word for it; that their SIC/ octagon quality diamond already doesnt allow for problematic inclusions?

I know there are bound to be inclusions, and i'm not looking for a flawless one.
i dont have a keen eye to check for inclusions in person and with the GIA cert alone im not sure if there's a way to check for it.

Last edited:

Mooxie

Reaction score
it's a G, VVS2
Characteristics: pinpoint, needle, cloud

my main question is really... can i take JP's word for it; that their SIC/ octagon quality diamond already doesnt allow for problematic inclusions?

I know there are bound to be inclusions, and i'm not looking for a flawless one.
i dont have a keen eye to check for inclusions in person and with the GIA cert alone im not sure if there's a way to check for it.

I'm not sure if I can take their word for it too, but if it's VVS2, don't have to worry. Confirm safe. If it's VS1 or VS2, might be harder to convince.

Plus there're no feather inclusion. So there won't be the durability issue.

CutiePie84

Reaction score

You can use the magnifying eye loupe to find and check the inclusion. Yours is pinpoint, needle, cloud which are generally safe inclusions. Summore its a VVS2.

JP are the ones that educate the public about those unsafe inclusions and types to avoid. So I doubt they would include those for their own diamonds when they warn others about it. lol

Welbeck

Reaction score
Honest review from past JP buyer: Facets matter. Don’t go for anything below SIC as the experience is totally different. GO FOR solesfera if you can afford it.

Alr going to invest thousands, don’t try and save a few hundred please. No point.

Also colour/clarity really is not the biggest concern. Would rank carat as second for sure.

KingKenny

Reaction score
Honest review from past JP buyer: Facets matter. Don’t go for anything below SIC as the experience is totally different. GO FOR solesfera if you can afford it.

Alr going to invest thousands, don’t try and save a few hundred please. No point.

Also colour/clarity really is not the biggest concern. Would rank carat as second for sure.

Its also see personal preferences. Solasfera, SIC, Brellia, Octagon, etc. each have their own good points. Whats your cup of tea might not be the same for others. But one thing for sure is no matter what you choose, don't sacrifice on the cut. The light performance is the most important.

SushiBoy888

Reaction score
https://agslab.com/ym-vdgr/diamonds/104102463011/grading-report

Any comments on this ags report?
Is the feather at the edge?

How do i read the image to know where is the girdle and edge and where are tje dangerous areas?

Yours is their Super Ideal Cut right?

This is the inclusion list:

inclusions-plotting-diagram-300x137.png

Complete-list-of-diamond-inclusion-types-in-GIA-a-plotting-diagram1-300x225.png

Should avoid laser drill hole, knot, twinning wisp, chip, cavity, bruise, etch channel. The rest should be ok as long as its not on the side of the diamond.
IIRC, JP filter all of these out alreadi

see above ...

Welbeck

Reaction score
Its also see personal preferences. Solasfera, SIC, Brellia, Octagon, etc. each have their own good points. Whats your cup of tea might not be the same for others. But one thing for sure is no matter what you choose, don't sacrifice on the cut. The light performance is the most important.

Agree! Our daily range of viewing is at least 30-40cm away from the ring. Make the cut count!

SushiBoy888

Reaction score
How come I got pulled into this?? hahaha
What about your ring? Why no photo??

You shared your nice ring photos mah... so I help you share more :D

This was the 3D render of mine last time. But I upgraded it to the Octagon. Can't find the render with the Octagon now

gEYd5Vy.jpg

6dLVz07.jpg

x5nZ898.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.