Question about Wedding preparation

spiritGate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, i already propose to my girlfriend and now is the time for us to do some preparation. However, i would like to hear more from the experience people here who have went through wedding preparation.

There are a few things if got lobang can share with me hahaha.

1) where to held a wedding lunch? Aiming around 15 tables (prefer hotel) and the price also a factor
2) wedding gown, which shop sells a good gown?
3) photoshoot?
4) price of getting someone from ROM to come down for solemization

And what are the things that i should look out for?

Thanks you

Sent from sent from gagt using GAGT

marzsomeone

Reaction score
I have been through half of the preparation, as I am still in the progress of planning my wedding photoshoot and actual day wedding logistic.

1) where to held a wedding lunch? Aiming around 15 tables (prefer hotel) and the price also a factor

- You can check out here for your planning. Most importantly is what you both love. For me, I have it at Conrad :p good venue and package that suits both of us. In addition, try checking their reviews from other couples before signing :p

- I am planning to tailor one set in Bangkok and the rest will be rented. I heard Vivian Gown like not bad.

3) photoshoot?

- Where you planning to have? In Singapore? I am having mine in Bangkok using Koro Studio.

- Basically is just a red packet for the JP, if i did not remember wrongly. I had my ROM last year and next year then will be the Chinese Customary.

Hi all, i already propose to my girlfriend and now is the time for us to do some preparation. However, i would like to hear more from the experience people here who have went through wedding preparation.

3) photoshoot?

Thanks you

bearine

Reaction score

As mentioned by others.
You will only wear once. It is really necessary to spend? And, you have to send for dry cleaning.
I wear twice (for overseas wedding), I find it troublesome to custom make one which I wouldnt know how long will it sits in my wardrobe.

3) photoshoot?
I did photoshoot in taiwan. Took over a package from someone. They are slightly cheaper and more professional than the one I got in sg. :s12:
I also did photoshoot(2hrs) in sg on the actual day. Cos we have 10hours photography in the package, and I didnt want to "waste" the hours. If you are going for the packages, do take note that those bridal packages a lot of hidden charge. Make them write down black and white for the stuff u want.

Yup, Just a red packet. Have to email them in advance to book them. I did solemnisation during the banquet itself.

Budget! You need to prepare the guo da li stuff also. More headaches will come. It's a good experience. Enjoy the process! :s13:

Thanks you

Answer in blue. :)

spiritGate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks guys for the info, just to check if genting hotel is good for wedding banquet?

Runez

Master Member
Reaction score
hi guys regarding $$$ how u and your wifey split the cost?

or the guys pay for everything?

marzsomeone

Reaction score
hi guys regarding $$$ how u and your wifey split the cost?

or the guys pay for everything?

Money can be a sensitive issue, but always discuss with your wifey. It is after all both of your marriage and a step towards a new family.

For me, we combine our finances and work towards our wedding. Though i do wish to have the capability to pay off all.

Pandal

Reaction score
Hihi, my answer below in red. =)

Depends on your theme, I guess you can check out Nosh in Rochester Park. It has a beautiful vintage theme going for people who like that sort of thing.

I got mine from The Gown Warehouse. First & only stop I made because I'm lazy and they have a gown in my size. =x

As for my evening gown, I bought it from City Plaza for less than $100. Proudest moment ever.

3) photoshoot?
I got a photographer friend to come down from KL to do the pre-wed shoot for us. Didn't sign any bridal package so I sourced for all the clothes, accessories etc on Ebay and shopping in BKK.

If I'm not wrong, no price. But you do have to bao a nice angbao to the JP for his time and effort in marrying you 2.

1. negotiate for more carpark coupons if possible
  2. best if got free flow of wine, soft drinks and/or Chinese tea...beverages do add up
  3. no need to bring in extra hard liquor unless your friends and family are those kind of drinkers
  4. make sure the gowns you are entitled to are actually from the range you want...there are cases where people want a better gown from a more premium range but end up topping up more money for it
  5. make sure everything that has been promised to you is written in black and white on the invoice itself
  6. no need to overspend on ritual stuff like the umbrella and combs...just buy any red umbrella etc
  7. ping jin issues: this is a prickly issue that has caused many a couple to quarrel and a bad start in what's supposed to be a happy occasion. Make sure both of you communicate. In my case, my hb and i totally don't interfere in the discussions. What my in-laws choose to give and what my mom choose to ask for/get in the end do not affect my personal value. Getting involved will only make everyone unhappy.
  8. know your budget and what you are willing to spend on...avoid loans like the plague
  9. my hb and i shared the wedding cost...he preferred a no-frills wedding while i like my occasion a little more decorative...so i spent my own money to get arty stuff to diy my own photobooth backdrop, my bouquet & mini bouquets for my jiemei (artificial flowers from etsy), cards to inform people to upload the photos they took onto a wedding app etc...he, on the other hand, paid for the banquet since his family and group of friends are way bigger than mine.
  10. before you go looking for a wedding venue etc, make sure you sit down and discuss with your wife-to-be the percentage of contribution...because money is always a sensitive issue

Last edited:

ashtontanwc

Reaction score
Fitness

Hi there,

There's one more area to look out for when wedding date is approaching. That is we have to lose weight fast! Haha

I found an article that might helps us in reading it.

mindfulproduction.com/wedding-weight-loss-tips-singapore/

=D

gnoes85

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Money is not a sensitive issue for me bcos for my wedding, as a man, I feel I should paid for everything.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.