Solemniser Question

xenocacia

Reaction score
So, I just realised that the choice of solemniser (JP) can be quite important too. However, I had already went ahead and gotten Mr. Cheng Wai Keung to agree to be mine, so don't think I can turn around now and say that I don't want him anymore, right?

The question is, has anyone here had him as a JP before, and if so, how was he?? Really would appreciate all feedback because obviously I know nothing about the guy. :/

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No worries, most solemnizer are reputable person, if not ROM won't appoint them as licensed solemnizer. But please inform beforehand if you want it to be in mandarin or english.

xenocacia

Reaction score
Thanks. Wasn't worried about reputability, but saw online that there are some reviews of "popular" JPs, which got me wondering what made some popular while others weren't. Maybe too long-winded, or very stern, etc?

nicklim68

Reaction score
may i ask when is your ROM? im looking for a Solemniser too but prefer want can speak Mandrian bcos my WTB prefer in Mandrian speaking. My ROM on 08.09.16.

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can try Susan Lim Guat Eng.. nine six eight seven four three five two..

she also does my ROM in mandarin.

xenocacia

Reaction score
My ROM is 12 Oct this year, so I was actually a little kiasu in sourcing for one so early. If yours is in Sept, now would be a good time to start your search, because you need to get them to sign the invitation letter then meet up with the JP for him/her to verify the identities of you and your WTB. It seems that they are typically very busy people and some don't reply very promptly.

akloaklo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys/Girls

My fiancee said if inviting pastor then cannot hold the signing cert in ROM grounds as the location is only for solemnizer provided by ROM ??

Anyone invite pastor to ROM before?

GoldenBargain

Reaction score
Guys/Girls

My fiancee said if inviting pastor then cannot hold the signing cert in ROM grounds as the location is only for solemnizer provided by ROM ??

Anyone invite pastor to ROM before?

We have a pastor as our solemnizer and we are doing at ROM itself. no issues. As long as he is registered to be a solemnizer, it is fine

akloaklo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We have a pastor as our solemnizer and we are doing at ROM itself. no issues. As long as he is registered to be a solemnizer, it is fine

Hmm? Do you mean I can choose my own solemnizer? I selected the venue sign at ROM but there is no choice for me to choose my solemnizer...

GoldenBargain

Reaction score
Hmm? Do you mean I can choose my own solemnizer? I selected the venue sign at ROM but there is no choice for me to choose my solemnizer...

Yes they even have suggestions for you on the rom site. You will need to approach the registered pastor and see if he or she is available and there's paperwork to fill up

akloaklo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes they even have suggestions for you on the rom site. You will need to approach the registered pastor and see if he or she is available and there's paperwork to fill up

Aiyo i didn't know....do you know if after filing notice of marriage still can some how change solemnizer? I saw the solemnizer list but i thought those are for people who rom outside

GoldenBargain

Reaction score
Aiyo i didn't know....do you know if after filing notice of marriage still can some how change solemnizer? I saw the solemnizer list but i thought those are for people who rom outside

When you say filing, do you mean the paperwork submission the week before ROM? I think by then everthing should be fixed

akloaklo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When you say filing, do you mean the paperwork submission the week before ROM? I think by then everthing should be fixed

Online. I submitted notice of marriage yesterday.
In fact i just check again tried to edit my solemnization details but there is no choice to choose solemnizer, only the choice to choose rom in rom or outside rom.

For me i want to marry in rom office but i want outside pastor. Yes I've seen the form that can invite outside solemnizer but the whole thing don't make sense to me. There's simple no options to choose solemnizer.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.