Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Tiffany Proposal ring

Like Tree2Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2012, 12:54 AM   #1

Tiffany Proposal ring

hi guys, thinking of buying a tiffany proposal ring.

Lucida setting

the spec,

Colour: G
Carat 0.48
Cut: VSI
Setting. platinum

after enquiry
it cost $8500

is it worth it?

if i change to 18K Gold ring setting, will it be more worth it?
cos i heard platinum ring not worth money.
the diamond no need to say
rainofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:44 AM   #2

So small & its a lousy color...if your budget is 8.5k..u should get a diamond from a less branded retailer or a private jeweller..85k can get u close to a 1 carat diamond at a private jeweller & u can still do a tiffany setting..pple go woow at the size & not cuz its a small tiffany yellowish diamond..it might not look yellowish but it surely isnt white either..if u r restricted to budget no point getting a tiffany with a small carat & a bad color..sorry for being direct but u r asking if its worth it..so giving my 2 cents...

white gold will do...platinum is not just not worth it but also softer if i recall correctly...
marnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #3

Extremely overpriced IMO... you should post in the Proposal Ring thread... you'll get more feedback.
jhchoo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

It depends on what you really want. For me I got a Tiffany ring because of the branding. Sure, private jewellers are significantly cheaper but personally a ring to me is a ring. It is not a piece of hardware but heartware. No one can tell what colour is it, what clarity. Only thing they can tell is the size and they will probably ask the brand. Same analogy I used - Why some people will buy a BMW when a lexus has similar specs but cost less?
Old 13-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #5

It depends on what you really want. For me I got a Tiffany ring because of the branding. Sure, private jewellers are significantly cheaper but personally a ring to me is a ring. It is not a piece of hardware but heartware. No one can tell what colour is it, what clarity. Only thing they can tell is the size and they will probably ask the brand. Same analogy I used - Why some people will buy a BMW when a lexus has similar specs but cost less?
I agree with you. So far most of my wife friends only asked about the size and brand. So i think that brand is very important when choosing a proposal ring.
William7981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #6

size & brand i agree..brand pple will go wahh its tiffany when u tell them e size they will go ok & in their mind they definately wouldnt be going wah its tiffany & its a 0.48..got a nice number 8 there..yeah tats what they ask..but no1 will tell u exactly what they think..it definately wouldnt be a hot topic for discussion that so n so got a 0.48 carat tiffany yellowish diamond as compared to so n so got a sparkling 1 carat diamond but dont know buy from where..thats y william & swatch bring up size first before the brand..

Its like a bmw @ the smallest cc as compared to the usual 2l & above..
Old 16-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #7
Master Member

Lets say both gers are out chilling and they compare their diamonds..
A Girl - Tiffany
B Girl - Private Jeweller with Better Color/Clarity
Both diamond size abt the same

When they compare, B girl diamond sparkles more then the A Girl, how would the A Girl feel ?

Frankly speaking, is really up to individual.. hehe..
For me, I budget and also due to my past experience in this trade thus I go for private jeweller which is less den half the price of what TS have stated but better quality diamond. =)

Last edited by Kevin10; 16-03-2012 at 07:31 PM..
Kevin10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 01:51 AM   #8
Supremacy Member

Lets say both gers are out chilling and they compare their diamonds..
A Girl - Tiffany
B Girl - Private Jeweller with Better Color/Clarity
Both diamond size abt the same

When they compare, B girl diamond sparkles more then the A Girl, how would the A Girl feel ?

Frankly speaking, is really up to individual.. hehe..
For me, I budget and also due to my past experience in this trade thus I go for private jeweller which is less den half the price of what TS have stated but better quality diamond. =)
In normal light and to the naked eye, I personally don't think that a diff between VS2 and VVS2 will have a significant impact on the "sparkle" of the diamond. Ditto colour. Sure, you can see a slight difference between a H and a D colour, but its really quite negligible. I think cut would affect most.
Old 17-03-2012, 01:57 AM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

Nowadays woman are more educated.

They know about the 4Cs as well. Will be surprised if they only know about brands.

But ultimately the size is the first factor that comes to mind.
Old 17-03-2012, 08:19 AM   #10

After weighing it all in, think <10k tiffany is a big rip off... Because for a few k more, the differences are quite significant. Tiffany pricing is like debeers, the blue box premium really jialat. I go for branding too, that's why end up at larry's haha
horlickz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #11

After weighing it all in, think <10k tiffany is a big rip off... Because for a few k more, the differences are quite significant. Tiffany pricing is like debeers, the blue box premium really jialat. I go for branding too, that's why end up at larry's haha
Care to share what you bought at Larrys? Tks!
T42rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 12:19 AM   #12

hmmm Larrys is a different breed...not just another brand name like Tiffany...well you made a very good selection indeed...i love Larry's Lazare collection..hoping to upgrade my wife's rock to a 2 carat diamond eventually..haa but i doubt i can afford a Lazare diamond of that size..
Old 21-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #13

hmmm Larrys is a different breed...not just another brand name like Tiffany...well you made a very good selection indeed...i love Larry's Lazare collection..hoping to upgrade my wife's rock to a 2 carat diamond eventually..haa but i doubt i can afford a Lazare diamond of that size..
how much do u make a year... 2 carat diamond is seriously no joke..
alwaysnforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #14

wedding proposal ideas

can check out the proposal ideas at wedding tweets singapore
jazzy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 10:23 AM   #15

how much do u make a year... 2 carat diamond is seriously no joke..
Wah are you iras? Haa that would be less than 2% of my nett assets..meaning less off liabilities like housing loans. It will be my family heirloom too passed to my kid eventually.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.